The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

It is OK, it has it's faults. I have posted my thoughts on it and some photos, in the thread below. They are the last few posts on the thread.

I'll take a look, thanks.

Well, just sold my 1dx 3, all my lenses and any other ef stuff I had kicking around,
In two days time I should be the bewildered owner of an R5 and an expensive lens I don't need but just wanted.

I never learn.

Not purchased any new gear for almost two years now so I need to do something about that...

I've got a Fuji X-T20 with 18-55, 27mm and 55-230 which is a good setup for me, I've noticed though that most of my shots are either at 18mm or with the 55-230 so I'm thinking of parting with the 27mm f2.8, I love the size of it but just don't seem to use it as much as I thought I would.

My plan is, keep the X-T20 and the two zooms, but replace the 27mm f2.8 with an XF10. Or at least, that's the plan until the wife finds out...

Well, just sold my 1dx 3, all my lenses and any other ef stuff I had kicking around,
In two days time I should be the bewildered owner of an R5 and an expensive lens I don't need but just wanted.

I never learn.
Be very interested to hear how that goes.

Be very interested to hear how that goes.
Well I bought an R5 and an rf85mm 1.2.
I am disheartened to discover the rf70-200 2.8 will not work with extenders otherwise I would have bought one.
Almost as disappointing is the fact the rf100-500 cannot utilise the full zoom range with extenders either.

I feel canon missed a trick there.

having sold my oly omd em1 plus 2 lenses the gas got me on a canon 7D, canon 15-85 is usm and the a lens i know nothing about and can find only limited info. a canon 35-350 F/3.5-5.6 USM L lens. such an odd range especially for an L lens.no IS either cos its as old as the hills. be interested to hear if anyone has had this lens and there thoughts on it

R5 won't take the extenders from the EF series..?
With the RF to EF adapter it will, won't help with RF lenses though. So far I've kept my 20+ EF lenses and all are working perfectly with the adapter, no need to change to RF.

That's good to know,Tim; I have an R6 on a Test Drive next week from Canon. Something to look forward to!

Was looking at a used Fuji X100V. I had a couple of bodies and some lenses to trade in. But even after the trade in, I would have still needed a fair old amount of cash. So, I did not follow through to check out.

having sold my oly omd em1 plus 2 lenses the gas got me on a canon 7D, canon 15-85 is usm and the a lens i know nothing about and can find only limited info. a canon 35-350 F/3.5-5.6 USM L lens. such an odd range especially for an L lens.no IS either cos its as old as the hills. be interested to hear if anyone has had this lens and there thoughts on it

Keen to hear how you get on with the 35-350mm, always a lens I’ve toyed with buying. For a lot of my photography now a one hit wonder lens as you could say would be crucial to me, no time for the switcharoo

Keen to hear how you get on with the 35-350mm, always a lens I’ve toyed with buying.
Each to his own. :naughty:

It's about 5 times as big as the Sigma 28-300 I used to keep on my 5D! :wideyed:

Each to his own. :naughty:

It's about 5 times as big as the Sigma 28-300 I used to keep on my 5D! :wideyed:

Haha true its a good chunk of glass but then again alot more smaller than all the lenses you would have to carry though ;)

Weight wise its light (to me anyway) and practicalness for me its definitely up there with that coverage for what I need it for, maybe I have just sold myself one?? :exit:

Well, after well over a year of indecision, I finally did it. I've just ordered myself a new Nikon D850. :eek:

This will be my first 'new' D/SLR purchase since my Olympus OM4 in 1986 as I've always sworn by purchasing used, but as I can easily recoup the cost by selling on some of my current gear, it's a no-brainer to upgrade from my D810. Especially as I've now got the glass to make the most of it with two of Nikon's 'Holy Trinity' of lenses. :cool:

Today I made the pitch to my wife about me absolutely and desperately needing a Sony 1.4x teleconverter(again) . Took me a good half hour to practise the pitch and it took her a fraction of a second to say "OK"..... why do I bother :LOL:?

Today I made the pitch to my wife about me absolutely and desperately needing a Sony 1.4x teleconverter(again) . Took me a good half hour to practise the pitch and it took her a fraction of a second to say "OK"..... why do I bother :LOL:?

[emoji16] I find the slow trickle method works with my husband. Keep mentioning it with increased frequency until he says ‘oh just buy it then’ :LOL:

[emoji16] I find the slow trickle method works with my husband. Keep mentioning it with increased frequency until he says ‘oh just buy it then’ :LOL:

That's what I do with Mrs Nod. Or I just present her with a fait accompli.

I just ordered a Viltrox 85 1.8 for my Z6.

destroyed my wife’s old vivitar tripod so I picked up a manfrotto 055CL for 48 quid from ebay. Brilliant - solid as anything ( Gitzo’s etc excepted ) and great for my dslr and 150-600 on a cheapo gimbal.
Liked it so much that I got a 190cl as new for 33 quid - nearly as good but marginally smaller.
Tripods come in threes, don’t they, so I am looking for a cheap smaller one.
I fear it won’t end there.

Just how many tripods can you have before becoming certifiable ?

More than 4.

Mind you, some of those are sectionable... :banana:

Something like that.

Mrs Nod's allowed to buy bags/shoes/whatever she wants to buy, as am I. Well, I'm not allowed any more motorbikes unless I trade one in against anything fresh!

Just received a Sigma 35 f/1.4 from the nice postman. I was just considering it. One was up for sale on here at a good price. We all know how that ends. I couldn’t help it.

The good news is I don’t want/need anything else now.

Honest.

Just received a Sigma 35 f/1.4 from the nice postman. I was just considering it. One was up for sale on here at a good price. We all know how that ends. I couldn’t help it.

The good news is I don’t want/need anything else now.

Honest.
That last line... :exit:

I'm considering a new camera nothing more than I fancy a new camera. Just no idea what to buy, hoping the gas subsides before my bank account takes a hit

Well I bought the RF 70-200 2.8 and I don't really need it.

I feel I bought this out of frustration through lack of lens availability (in the UK) as the RF 100-500 would better suit my needs.

Man I'm going to regret that purchase!

Well I bought the RF 70-200 2.8 and I don't really need it.

I feel I bought this out of frustration through lack of lens availability (in the UK) as the RF 100-500 would better suit my needs.

Man I'm going to regret that purchase!
O, that's a big dollop of buyer's remorse... Is it out of return date?

O, that's a big dollop of buyer's remorse... Is it out of return date?
Probably not but the London Camera Exchange levy a re-stocking charge which will be hard to swallow.

Mind you, I bought the RF 85mm 1.2 and have no use for that either.

Back