The Going To The Cinema & General Film Thread

Sorry trying not to,but if we as photographer cant respect other people copyright,how can we expect them to respect our ? :)
I know what you're getting at and I do see, there are loads on here with kodi and similar so it could be an interesting debate.

Not that I've subscribed to 'hot topics' lol

I know what you're getting at and I do see, there are loads on here with kodi and similar so it could be an interesting debate.

Not that I've subscribed to 'hot topics' lol

I think last time somebody ask about Kodi on here,the thread was closed rightly by the mods :)

Honest question, with me not being much of a cinema goer...

Have there been any Oscar worthy films/directors/performances from the black community or is the current boycott a storm in a teacup?

Again sorry was not meaning to,but as i said it seem odd that we often go on about copyright breaking when it come photographers,but it seem some couldn't care less about other people copyright :confused:

Hats of to you for politeness.. Most would have been coming back full of attitude, it's nice to see something/someone more polite [emoji3]

Odd I've been reading various posts on it recently in threads.

I am on the AV forum as well,any talk about Kodi or illegal ways to watch movies is shutdown very quickly,its just people trying to protect the thing they love & enjoy,the same way i image if somebody started an thread on here how steal other people photograph ? :confused:

Odd I've been reading various posts on it recently in threads.

KODI is a media center software program and as a stand alone program it is perfectly legal to use.

The problems arise when you start to add other bits of code to it that allow you to access pay per view and other privileged/copyrighted content for "free" - that is when things cross the lines into illegality

A few threads were recently removed because the discussion evolved into the illegal side of things

KODI is a media center software program and as a stand alone program it is perfectly legal to use.

The problems arise when you start to add other bits of code to it that allow you to access pay per view and other privileged/copyrighted content for "free" - that is when things cross the lines into illegality

A few threads were recently removed because the discussion evolved into the illegal side of things

Ahhhhhh ok thank you... Funnily enough I nearly asked in one of the threads what exactly it was or how it worked as snippets from people I was unsure where and how the illegal bit came in to it [emoji3]

Ok, this is the rule that's being referred to as far as TP is concerned

The Rules: Piracy (of the internet kind), anything naughty or criminal. Market research, surveys etc.

This was simplified a while back but it equates to the discussion of "how to" rather than discussions about.

So:

"I watched it using Kodi" = Ok

"To use Kodi to watch films illegally, you need to....." = Not Ok

I haven't read all the posts but if there are any that you feel fall into the 2nd category, by all means report.

Bu†, if you do it and admit to it, be prepared to be judged. ;)

The only thing is if you download Kodi on itself its just an software program,their nothing on it,to watch the latest and older movie,you need to add an illegal add on,so if your watching movie thought Kodi it will be thought illegal add on :rolleyes:

Anyway!

Back on track. I saw Room tonight. Better than I thought it would be, if a little long.

So i take from your reply you have no respect for anybody else copyright :(
My reply was because your just boring me...not being nasty,just my opinion.have you nothing else to do today?.
Don't bother replying..because I won't.

Some good blu-rays available for preorder. The Martian and Spectre are out next month, and you can already get your order in for the new Star Wars film.

I've bought tickets for Deadpool at the local Imax, first time I've ever pre-booked tickets :)

Honest question, with me not being much of a cinema goer...

Have there been any Oscar worthy films/directors/performances from the black community or is the current boycott a storm in a teacup?
No not for me it hasn't been. However perhaps this is part of the problem also. Black actors are not getting the decent roles to be nominated.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as robmack to say hateful 7 was crap but its his weakest film. Self indulgent and a 45 mins too long.

Last edited:
Finally saw The Revenant last night. I was disappointed. Beautiful cinematography, but it dragged a bit.

Just watched the Steve Job's film, what a pile of manure!

That's 2 hours of my life I wont get back

Finally saw The Revenant last night. I was disappointed. Beautiful cinematography, but it dragged a bit.
Exactly what I thought.
Saying that, it didn't really give me the urge to go to that part of the country like some films do.

Last edited:
Taking a slightly different tack on the copyright issue.... I'd love to see cinemas & the film industry sort out some kind of secure streaming facility as many people myself included can't get out to a cinema and it can be a real pain waiting for films to be released on dvd..

Taking a slightly different tack on the copyright issue.... I'd love to see cinemas & the film industry sort out some kind of secure streaming facility as many people myself included can't get out to a cinema and it can be a real pain waiting for films to be released on dvd..

At least the time between cinema and home-media release has come down significantly.

Just home from watching Deadpool, the most enjoyable film I've seen for a long long time :)

Crude, violent, sexist.... It just so entertained my inner 15 year old :D

Went to see Hail, Caesar! at the weekend and thought "was that it?" at the end.

...maybe it is just me...

thought "was that it?" at the end.
...maybe it is just me...
I'm like that far too much these days. And unfrotuntely, so are the women I 'go' with :D

Decided to see Deadpool today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Kept thinking Teri Hatcher looked great for her age, until I realised 30 minutes after it finished it was the 'babe from Homeland!'

Some good blu-rays available for preorder. The Martian and Spectre are out next month, and you can already get your order in for the new Star Wars film.

Done....but I dont know why....well I do, my lad loved it.

Back