The Going To The Cinema & General Film Thread

On another note I watched on Prime the film UNTHINKABLE with Michael Sheen as a convert to islam who has placed 3 thermonuclear devices in three US cities, what happens next is the crux of the title. Very graphic and more so if you let yourself get involved how you empathise and then condemn, then empathise its a roller-coaster of emotions.

Its an old film, 2010 but Ive only just seen it. Not for everyone I am sure but I found it involving and a little chilling.

I saw Star Trek Beyond last night. Much better than I thought it would be.

I saw Arrival the other day. It was a tad pedestrian.
I enjoyed it for that reason, it was more thoughtful than many a sci-fi movie and showed you don't need a lot of special effects for such a film. The remainder is spoliery in a vague way, so stop reading now if you're going to watch it. I kind of worked out where it was going with the flashbacks by about 2/3rds of the way through, the only downside to it was I felt the dramatic scene at the end was unnecessary and introduced one of my pet scifi hates, an information / ontological paradox.

Alien Covenant trailer is here

Oh HELL yes!!
Thanks for posting that.
My favourite franchise and one of my favourite actors.
Not looking forward to that at all! Nope, not one bit!! :runaway::runaway:

ROGUE ONE tonight....cinema is almost empty just brilliant.......

Saw Rogue One today - my son liked it and had it just behind the Force Awakens and New Hope as his favourite films. I thought it was very good too. Dont want to spoil it but loved the little nods to the old films. Good story line although I thought the ending with the 2 main characters was poor.

Saw rouge one I thought is was good. Great way they showed people from the past

We decided not to see RO in the end - a little like episode III revenge of the sith, the outcome is already known and the ending not 'happy'.

We decided not to see RO in the end - a little like episode III revenge of the sith, the outcome is already known and the ending not 'happy'.
So you gave Citizen Kane and The Godfather a miss as well? You've missed out. ;)

So you gave Citizen Kane and The Godfather a miss as well? You've missed out. ;)

Absolutely.

TBH I don't know the backstory to either of those in detail, but having seen the odd clip of The Godfather I knew that it wasn't a film that I would wish to watch.

Saw Rogue One today - my son liked it and had it just behind the Force Awakens and New Hope as his favourite films. I thought it was very good too. Dont want to spoil it but loved the little nods to the old films.
I saw it today and really enjoyed it, and yes some of the short scenes they put in that harked back to the early films were great. I'm sure I missed some, but I particularly liked the person almost in silouhette turning their head watching a ship fly past.

Back