The New Top Gear

They've already confirmed that they will stand by Chris...well reportedly so.

I heard that they were considering suspending him?

If so, isn't this employing double standards, even if no action is taken due to lack of evidence?

Last edited:
I just watched episode 5, really liked it. Evans was not annoying me as much as he annoys others here. Loving MLB's contribution.

Good news, CE stepping down!

He's just stepped down.... flashed up on my guardian app in work! :O They made such a mistake sacking Clarkson...! watched a vintage one last night -so much better!

Last edited:
I stopped watching top gear ages ago,they will never get back to how good it used to be.:(:rolleyes:

The last two episodes were much much better than the earlier ones. With CE out of the way I hope it can now just move forward and let the team get on and grow into it. I think some of the last few features by MLB, Harris Monkey and Rory were excellent. I'd like to see more featured of Sabine as well on the programme, and actually quite enjoy the taking the Mick out of Jordan...

I think it is setup to be a very worthy successor now and are really looking forward to the next series.

Bring on the moaning for The Grand Tour now, based on this experience it is bound to be a great disappointment. But if not, we all win with two great shows.

Made my day that he's finally quit. The others will do a great job without him. MLB gets better as time goes on and Rory and the other Chris seem much better too. The studio guests are still variable but it depends on who they get really.

Good choice, takes a big person to realise that your not the one for the job. If only others are as big as him.

He went before he was pushed, otherwise I'm sure he would have stayed. MLB reportedly refused to appear in the next series if CE was involved and the BBC wanted MLB on board for the worldwide audience, and he proved popular in the UK.

The audience didn't like CE, his co-workers couldn't stand him and head honchos within the Beeb were very disappointed in his creative input, and were rather miffed he only produced six of the eight shows he was supposed to make. He was always going to leave before another series. The alternative would be to cancel it completely, as they did in the states.

Last edited:
There is a difference between someone who 'likes' cars and someone who 'knows' cars. That difference was demonstrated by Chris Harris& Rory compared with CE. MLB is just cool.
It will be a different programme now, IMO not as entertaining as the old guard but possibly more informative and I will be able to watch it now CE has gone as I found him to be the most irritating person on TV.

He went before he was pushed, otherwise I'm sure he would have stayed. MLB reportedly refused to appear in the next series if CE was involved and the BBC wanted MLB on board for the worldwide audience, and he proved popular in the UK.

The audience didn't like CE, his co-workers couldn't stand him and head honchos within the Beeb were very disappointed in his creative input, and were rather miffed he only produced six of the eight shows he was supposed to make. He was always going to leave before another series.
We don't actually know he wasn't pushed....

We don't actually know he wasn't pushed....

Indeed, I guess we won't either for sure but I think he was given an ultimatum to go willingly or be fired. He's too arrogant to be fired and deal with the public reaction so no doubt took them up on their offer.

Reactions: BBR
"Evans, said to have amassed a £55million fortune, will appear in the BBC2 show’s finale on Sunday night"

I suspect it's not enough to retire on...... :p

He's just stepped down.... flashed up on my guardian app in work! :O They made such a mistake sacking Clarkson...! watched a vintage one last night -so much better!

Just watched the last one on BBCi player with my 10 yr old lad was a little better to be honest BUT Chris Evans still shouting and ML was good, watchable seems like he is settling in to the role?

However switched onto Dave and watched the camper van episode with the old TRIO and side splitting it was.....I Miss Old Top Gear!

The American presenter, 48, is said to be concerned about Evans’s rudeness towards other members of the team,

Now where have I heard that before :thinking:
:D

The last show only pulled in 1.9 million "live" viewers. That's terrible. I'm honestly surprised they've commissioned another series but that does suggest the Beeb think it would be better, and get better with someone else at the helm?

Personally I think all these analysis are pointless; only the BBC knew what they were planning to do, and only CE knows why he quit. I think it is time to just forget about him and move on and enjoy Top Gear.

The next series will always suffer, initially at least, because of Evans as he's caused so many people to switch off from TG. I hope the next series pulls viewers back again.

He touched on it on his breakfast show.

The stories in the papers "Evens to quit top gear" are true he said.
No mention of smacking his producer or waving his willy about though :D

Quite funny how they need twice as many people to replace 3 old blokes. I suspect two will be gone by the end of the first series. Fingers crossed one is Evans.

There you go eh. Gone quicker than he could put it back in his trousers.

He's touched a lot on his breakfast show by the sound of it...

Some say, it is really difficult to spot.

At least one of the old presenters has commented on CE leaving the old show.

Former Top Gear presenter James May says he is ‘chuffed’ Chris Evans was forced to quit after his first, disastrous series in charge of the show.

Asked for his reaction that rival Evans' catastrophic spell as host of the once popular BBC show is over, May quipped: 'Very chuffed'.

The star's dig at Evans came this afternoon as he, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond roared into Vicenza's main square in northern Italy to film their new Amazon show, 'Grand Tour'.

When Clarkson, at the wheel of an orange Aston Martin, was asked whether he had a message for Evans, he said, ‘don’t be stupid’, and tried to grab the camera.

The trio were mobbed as they drove into the city's Piazza Dei Signori. Clarkson had invited fans to join them the day before when he tweeted: 'People of Italy James Richard and I will be filming in the Piazza Dei Signori in Vicenza tomorrow at 3pm. Come along'.

Crew working on their show claimed Clarkson intentionally staged the scenes of chaos in the stunning piazza as ‘a two fingers up’ to his TV rival, Evans.

‘Jeremy’s been trying to keep quiet about it, but he’s pleased as punch,’ one unnamed cameraman said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gers-Chris-Evans-Gear-exit.html#ixzz4DoLqqxXa

I take it no one watched the Top Gear with Evans rerun on Dave this evening, then?

Unsurprisingly, I didn't. :D

I take it no one watched the Top Gear with Evans rerun on Dave this evening, then?

Unsurprisingly, I didn't. :D
The BBC trying to ruin Dave now? You pay a TV license and for what? Anything worth watching they don't produce, anything they broadcast on the radio isn't worth listening to yet to watch sky I need a licence.. Stealth tax at its worst

The BBC trying to ruin Dave now? You pay a TV license and for what? Anything worth watching they don't produce, anything they broadcast on the radio isn't worth listening to yet to watch sky I need a licence.. Stealth tax at its worst

Err, what?
Dave are free to make their own purchasing decisions. o_O

To be fair, cut out the bits with Chris and you are left with a not too bad programme. I'm looking forward to the second series.

Back