The new version of Flickr

Cheers guys I will have another stab at it tomorrow and try and do it right this time lol

Anyone seeing a lower number of views but a higher number of favourites since the change?

I put it down to a combination of the new mobile apps making it easier to fav a photo without opening it and the new web site meaning pictures are big and clear without the need to open them.

I don't like it I think it's a mess, nothing is orderly about it anymore and you can't click on a picture to view it like you used to, let alone seeing the comments easily.

I don't like it I think it's a mess, nothing is orderly about it anymore and you can't click on a picture to view it like you used to, let alone seeing the comments easily.

Yes you can. And the comments are under the photos.

To return to the original detail view, simply add "?details=1" after your photostream address. Simples!

Ive just changed over the the new version of Flickr. I like it! I was a fan of the redesigned version anyway, and this new change is a smart refinement.

Though I have just found a problem with the new iteration. I can see the sharing option for Facebook, Twitter et al, but no option to grab the bbcode. I had to revert to the old version to get it.

I also don't seem to be able to do reply to more than one comment at a time (easy to do before), nor can I see how to add images that have already been uploaded to sets and groups.

If you're talking about the new photo page it's a test version so bits are still missing from it and it's subject to change.
If you want to you can hover over the blue button in the bottom left corner and select "opt out" to go back to the normal page until they've finished the new one.

If you're talking about the new photo page it's a test version so bits are still missing from it and it's subject to change.
If you want to you can hover over the blue button in the bottom left corner and select "opt out" to go back to the normal page until they've finished the new one.

Yep, I'd sussed that out thaks Daz. To do the usual bits I've had to revert back. Seems strange that the newer version is being released with so many features missing :thinking:

It looks more like google plus than facebook i think. The groups and upload/organising areas are the same. Its just how your main stream is displayed. You get used to it. I think people just get stick in their ways and don't like change.

I just retried the new new version and was confronted by a huge onscreen message, part of which says

"You may notices that some features are missing; we haven't forgotten about them, and they will be appearing soon."

I still don't see the point of making this available to the public when it's not yet fully functional.

Back