The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Got back from Peru last weekend. Very happy with the camera overall. The 35 saw little use compared to the 18 though, mainly because of the landscapes I was hiking through.

Peru%25202737.jpg

Niiiice :)

I know where that road goes. Looks like you had better weather than me. About 3 metres vis at the top and actual snow....

I've been using an ADATA Premier Pro UHS-I U1 card in my X Pro 1 for a few days now, it feels faster in the camera but not massively, certainly a lot faster transferring files using a USB 3 card reader though.

Anyone else using one ?

I've been using an ADATA Premier Pro UHS-I U1 card in my X Pro 1 for a few days now, it feels faster in the camera but not massively, certainly a lot faster transferring files using a USB 3 card reader though.

Anyone else using one ?

They look pretty nice - but what did you pay for it? The 90 speed SanDisks seem OK to me unless you're shooting bursts. Or using a Mac....

£21.98 for a 16GB, I think the card I used before was particularly crap.

Oh that's much cheaper than I thought from the review I read. I use SanDisk 16GB. The 90s seem a shade quicker than the 45s but not massively so. Probably not worth double the price ;)

My X Pro 1 is currently on bricks thanks to gravity... waiting for a reply from Fuji reference their 48 hr turn around for repairs... Gah!

Here's some photos from the Edinburgh Festival Fringe though...

Yoda by [ mike thomas ], on Flickr

Cone by [ mike thomas ], on Flickr

Street Dance by [ mike thomas ], on Flickr

Does anyone have experience of the repair service? My only concern at the moment is that last time I checked, Calumet hadn't registered me for the Platinum Service, after 2 months....

Interesting experience at the w/e. I took the X-Pro 1 to a wedding for the first time (it deserved a treat). I used it during bridal prep but once the actual wedding kicked off I reverted to the Nikons because they are much more familiar.

It did quite nicely though. Couple of SOOC jpegs.

2012-08-06_002.jpg

2012-08-06_003.jpg

(Yeah I like B&W)

Interesting experience at the w/e. I took the X-Pro 1 to a wedding for the first time (it deserved a treat). I used it during bridal prep but once the actual wedding kicked off I reverted to the Nikons because they are much more familiar.

It did quite nicely though. Couple of SOOC jpegs.

(Yeah I like B&W)

Great shots - the SOOC B&W on the X Pro 1 is pretty awesome - I think I've only been out of B&W a couple of times now.

People till using the X-Pro 1?

Used mine for a job yesterday. If it had a fast focusing portrait lens it's _all_ I would have used. I only used the Nikon for the 105DC.

TC_194508_A.JPG

I'd love to be using mine but it's still sat at the Fuji repair centre waiting for Photoguard to pay up.

Fingers crossed.

Anybody know much about manual mode and EVF?

I usually shoot with the OVF if I can. I like the WYSIWYG nature. Yesterday it was VERY contrasty and +2 EV wasn't enough so I had to switch to manual to get the exposure I wanted. I was pretty shocked that the viewfinder no longer showed me what I was going to get when I half pressed the button. Is this normal?

Any other way to cheat more than 2 stops exposure comp out of it?

Would changing the DR setting help you gain any more stops, perhaps?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the DR then I don't think so.

That will stretch the histogram to give me more apparent dynamic range. I'm happy with standard DR - but I reckon the meter is more than 2 stops away from where I want it.

Anybody know much about manual mode and EVF?

I usually shoot with the OVF if I can. I like the WYSIWYG nature. Yesterday it was VERY contrasty and +2 EV wasn't enough so I had to switch to manual to get the exposure I wanted. I was pretty shocked that the viewfinder no longer showed me what I was going to get when I half pressed the button. Is this normal?

Any other way to cheat more than 2 stops exposure comp out of it?

In manual mode, there is no WYSIWYG view unfortunately. Seems like a major oversight to me, I guess the DR of the EVF is limited or something.

What I do - shoot A mode, set the AEL/AFL button to AEL only, and the switch to "toggle". Point the focus point at the brightest part of the scene you don't want to blow out and EV adjust until its not blown out, then lock it. You can then recompose, focus and shoot the overall scene.

+/- 5 ev would be handy, but most cameras only do +/-3 it seems.

Forgive my naivety but how much could Fuji move the baseline exposure with firmware ?

What I do - shoot A mode, set the AEL/AFL button to AEL only, and the switch to "toggle". Point the focus point at the brightest part of the scene you don't want to blow out and EV adjust until its not blown out, then lock it.

Thanks - that seems a good plan. It's using some kind of area metering so that won't be watertight but it will give me something to work with.

OK, simple question for all you bods.

Having recently moved over to the X-Pro 1 from Canon kit, I have an old Sunpak 888AFZ flash that I forgot to get rid of. Would this flash work with the X-Pro 1 in manual mode?

Nice shots Chris.

Does anyone know if there are Lightroom presets or similar available that recreate the Fuji film styles? Ideally I'd like free ones... But I find LR4 changes my RAW files back to their undeveloped state after I import them.

Also, which size screen covers is everyone going for?

I have my X-Pro 1 set to record RAW (which comes out stripped of all presets in LR) and fine jpg using what ever film emulation I'm looking at - usually the B&W.

The RAW's are imported to LR and the jpgs imported to an X-Pro 1 folder. That way I get the best of both worlds, a bit more work maybe, but it suits me (y)

Having recently moved over to the X-Pro 1 from Canon kit, I have an old Sunpak 888AFZ flash that I forgot to get rid of. Would this flash work with the X-Pro 1 in manual mode?

Dunno. What's the worst that could happen if you try it....? (Trigger voltage is 5.8v btw - http://dpanswers.com/roztr/flash_show.php?id=197&pid=SU888AFZ). I believe the Fuji pinout is the same as Canon so it might work. There's something quite odd about the flash though. My Pocket Wizard Plus IIs won't work with the X-Pro 1 but some other triggers will. Obviously no flash will work until you take it out of silent mode.

BTW took mine out for a spin again today.... (it was working at a wedding yesterday - today was fun)

2012-08-27_002.jpg

Has anyone used a wireless remote shutter release with their X-Pro 1 ? The 10 second timer doesn't really give me enough time to get into group shots in a dignified manner ;)

Well I did find this

[YOUTUBE]YQ9GPxWDkK8[/YOUTUBE]

but I'm not convinced :LOL:

D'OH! I hadn't seen that forum.

Starting to wonder if I could manage without Google :/

Teehee

The 10x magnifications / focus check feature on the X-Pro1 has been well received and in this firmware update an additional 3x option is now available. It is also now possible to find the optimum focus point whilst viewing the entire screen.

Where "well received" = "everybody said 10X was too much".

New lenses as well :)

Can't find a release date though.

Last edited:
I believe I heard some time in 2013 (like the X-E1) - and I'm pretty sure I heard that from a quotable source ;)

Apparently the new firmware works pretty well.

OK, simple question for all you bods.

(y) Works a treat, and as i only use manual with a flash, it does the job.
Saves spending £200 for a Fuji flash :bang:

Back