The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Took these today while the sun was shining (briefly) with an old Helios 44 58mm on my Xpro1, found it hard to nail focus, even with peaking. A lot of shots were out of focus, and camera shake made them look even softer, a tripod would definitely be advised. I shot them at F2 or F2.8, overall I'm impressed with it, which for all intents and purposes its a free lens !

untitled-4058a.jpg untitled-4059a.jpg untitled-4060a.jpg untitled-4061a.jpg

Great to see so many photos on here from other XPro1 users although it really drives home that I need to get more lenses for mine. I was on a real shoestring budget so got my XPro1 second hand from WEX along with a very cheap 16-50mm lens.

Absolutely love the camera though, it has pretty much become my go to camera over my D300. Until recently I was only shooting in JPEG but a recent software upgrade has seen me switch to RAW instead.

Shot this the other morning, mostly just testing out a cheap ND filter and having a general play around

Reflecting.... by Ali Grant, on Flickr

That's nice Peter, the 55-200mm is without doubt one of my favorite optics.(y)

George.

Great stuff ali_surf, love that morning capture, excellent.....! We need MORE photo inputs from the fabulous X-Pro1 guys and gals.......come on.....!!!!

Thanks. Certainly was the high point of the morning, especially after my "ah thats not too deep...at least I don't think i....s**t" moment.

I still have my XP1 so I'll ask in here as well,anyone using a 50-140? If so how are you getting on with it? I had a play with one last week and was obviously struck by the size/weight in comparison to the rest of the xf range, really tempted though I have to say.

Thanks Peter.

I know not many folks post here anymore but does anyone have any idea about a remote/cable release for the XPro 1?

Looking to do some long exposure stuff (over 30 seconds).

Theres no wifi connectivity on the Xpro1 sadly so can't use that.

Thanks Peter.

I know not many folks post here anymore but does anyone have any idea about a remote/cable release for the XPro 1?

Looking to do some long exposure stuff (over 30 seconds).

IIRC it has a threaded shutter release, so you can get any old locking release cable (mechanical)... last one I got for my film camera cost a couple of quid off the evil bay and works a treat (on the film camera again).

Hi everyone new to this Thread having just purchased a X1pro with 18mm and 27mm I have also added the 18-135mm iOS.
I'm just wondering what if any speedlight/ flashes people use ?
I was thinking of using one of my Nikon speedlight guns unless there is a better option ?
I'm not to worried about TTL at this time TBH.

Is there any reason macvisual has numerous posts here with nothing in them apart from .. ?

I'm surprised there haven't been any posts on here for a while, I would have thought there would be more joining in with all the bargain deal over the last few weeks for XP1 kits. Just seen the XP1 with 18mm 27mm and case with free delivery for £499 at Park Cameras. Apparently there has been several more similar priced deals over Black Friday weekend.
Be rude not to take advantage, I mean, they are virtually giving away the camera....
Glad I kept my +2 diopter..........

Just got myself the Black Friday deal of the x-pro1 18mm 27mm plus case :). I have had the camera before, at the time I fancied something new so sold it. But at £499 your mad not to buy one :).
I'm px the two lenses, as great as they are I'm not really interested in them so have sent them to wex. I'm now going to buy a 35mm lens, I'll probably buy the new f2 version, just hope I won't miss the lovely f1.4 :). We'll see.

I sold mine and still miss it.
The sensor on it was one of the best Fuji did I think.
I am saving hard for the XPRO2 for my February birthday !!!

I'm still loving my Pro1!

Like the poster a couple of posts up, I had one back in the day!! Sold it to get a X-T1 and then got the XP again later!

To be honest I use it more than the XT1 these days

For my opinion there's just something about the XP1 and the 3 original primes that works well, pleasing image quality, one of the few OVF mirrorless games in town and those 3 original primes are such a lovely size and weight, not to mention they all came with metal hoods.

For sure my XT1 is technically the superior camera, but it doesn't quite have the charm of the XP1!!

And FWIW, iirc I haven't seen MacVisual on the Fuji forum for a while either!

Last edited:
Back