The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

I asked this to and I found (or was given) a link that shows the X30 may have the same sensor as the X20 but there is a slight difference in quality
Based on some examples ive saw of the x30 it did appear to be better but I was confused as the guts are the same as the x20 , I may have to make a purchase

I asked this to and I found (or was given) a link that shows the X30 may have the same sensor as the X20 but there is a slight difference in quality
Converting from RAW with Adobe, this is true; but the in-camera image quality the X10 may have the edge.
I reckon the fancy IS they put in the later models took the edge off high contrast lighting.
Bottom line is that they are all darned good and the differences are subtle unless you pixel peep; which isn't a worthwhile thing to do on any of the little Fujis as none of them really stand out at the pixel level.

Maybe it's just the JPEG processing that has improved in some way...

With the latest firmware ( not updated yet ) I see it solves a problem with auto focus and half pressing shutter..... Was there anything else ...... Anyone notice anything different or is it just as it says on the tin and nothing more

Took mine to Disney Land Paris last week and not happy with the results. [emoji24]

Felt the pictures look a bit too grainy. Need to have a proper look on the PC to see why.

Converting from RAW with Adobe, this is true; but the in-camera image quality the X10 may have the edge.
I reckon the fancy IS they put in the later models took the edge off high contrast lighting.
Bottom line is that they are all darned good and the differences are subtle unless you pixel peep; which isn't a worthwhile thing to do on any of the little Fujis as none of them really stand out at the pixel level.

So I should keep hold of my X10 then ? :) Not planning on getting rid of it just yet.

Was the ISO on auto maybe ?

Some were at 800 but other were at 400. I understand the 800 one may be bad but 400 should be okay. I am sure it is a user error as opposed to a camera issue. I will try and get a few posted.

Thanks

Sorry, xf1.

I don't have one but reviews are good and its supposed to be quite capable up to 800 ISO as you can see from snipped from review below

"The Fujifilm XF1 produces images of very good quality. It recorded noise-free JPEG images at ISO 100 up to 800, with a little noise and
slight colour desaturation at ISO 1600 and more visible noise at the fastest setting of ISO 3200"

Also tell us if using RAW, which RAW converter, and whether the noise is a problem when viewing the whole image, or just when zoomed in to the pixel level.
With the X10 I found that although ISO 800 looked pretty bad zoomed to 100% it produced cracking A4 prints; noise just visible on A3. ISO 400 was capable of decent A3 prints but still looks rough at 100%
I think you have the same sensor as the X10, so these should be your expectations.

Also tell us if using RAW, which RAW converter, and whether the noise is a problem when viewing the whole image, or just when zoomed in to the pixel level.
With the X10 I found that although ISO 800 looked pretty bad zoomed to 100% it produced cracking A4 prints; noise just visible on A3. ISO 400 was capable of decent A3 prints but still looks rough at 100%
I think you have the same sensor as the X10, so these should be your expectations.
Photos were shot in raw and JPEG, I need to check if the imported image is raw or JPEG in LR5. The grain shows when I zoom in.

Thanks

Thinking about getting a remote release for X30 - anyone using one and can recommend?

Thanks,
AL

Someone on DPR has just pointed out that firmware 1.02 is available for the X30. All it seems to do is enable USB connection with Windows 10.

There's often discussion about how X10 raws are hard to process to look anywhere near as good as the JPEGs. That has been my experience. However, I do have some old raws from when I was doing testing, and yesterday I downloaded a 10-day free trial of Affinity Photo (a Mac-based Photoshop replacement, AFAICS). Just whacked an old X10 RAF through it and the first look is MUCH better than anything I've been able to get before. Mind you, this isn't saying much: I don't have a DSLR, so have no experience processing raws. Shots were taken on medium resolution (6 mp) to take advantage of the EXR sensor, and still appear to be 6 mp after processing (I think some raws only show 6 mp after processing a 12mp raw, but I don't have one handy). Anyway someone else might find this useful.

I've got the lens hood/filter/lens cap kit and find the lens cap a bit fiddly to fit. Can tell you that an Optech mini hood hat is far simpler to put on and remove. It's a loose fit but my camera is in and out of a bag all the time (I don't hang it around my neck) so does the job admirably.

AL

Photos were shot in raw and JPEG, I need to check if the imported image is raw or JPEG in LR5. The grain shows when I zoom in.

Thanks

RAW exported using LR5 without any PP.

DSCF6092.jpg

Thank you

Can someone tell me what battery the X30 has - I am searching on amazon and not finding many - Is the X30 battery used in another Fuji camera so I can search for that instead

I think I will search for battery and charger

NP-95. I bought an Ex-Pro Charger and battery from Amazon. But I'll still charge the original battery in the camera just in case ;)

AL

That look interesting so its does all the camera batteries ?

Thank you :)

Yes i have put all my othr chargers away a as this will charge any l ion type battery. As It will also charge two aa or aaa batteries either nicd or nimh it makes the ideal travel charger.

Back