The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Yes I had a go with the Spot Removal Tool earlier without much success. I might invest in Photoshop at some future date.

Thanks,
AL
The free software GIMP is photoshop like, and would do it easily.

Yes I had a go with the Spot Removal Tool earlier without much success. I might invest in Photoshop at some future date.

Thanks,
AL

It is a bit tricky far easier using the photoshop one, you might want to look at getting Photoshop Elements 13, I believe they have/had a deal on Amazon at the moment for only £39 but don't know if thats still ongoing.

A few more snaps from yesterday. All colour versions straight out of camera but cropped. Very pleased with the Fuji colours.

21240815846_04996e38ae_b.jpg

21256557382_5384363925_b.jpg

21079173968_97080f55bd_b.jpg

20644369934_a98b27c68b_b.jpg

21078979740_69fce8c759_b.jpg

Last edited:
Still learning about all this Fuji stuff etc. and still looking up picking up the X10 just holding back at the moment just to make sure its not GAS:D Interesting hearing about these Film settings, is the film settings just like picking the colour profile on your DSLR? Like Standard, Landscape etc. If anyone gets where I'm coming from :)

Thanks for the link, really helpful just having a read though now :)

I find that the best for most subjects, But if you are using raw you can change your mind at the processing stage.

Can you shoot in RAW with Monochrome selected and choose to put it back in colour at the processing stage? or is there a feature that you can view all the images in B&W on the playback and then when you download & look at them on the Computer they are in colour?

Can you shoot in RAW with Monochrome selected and choose to put it back in colour at the processing stage? or is there a feature that you can view all the images in B&W on the playback and then when you download & look at them on the Computer they are in colour?

By definition Raw captures all colours and none by default. You simple chose as you process. Which is better than sliced bread.

If you shoot raw + jpeg You will see what ever the Jpeg colour was chosen as. but the raw will still contain everything.
But as the raw contains everything anyway, I am not sure why you would bother with the Jpeg.

Last edited:

Raw is raw. If you shoot in colour you can develop to b+w and vice versa.
As for viewing in camera, you could always shoot in raw then use the in camera editor to view colour options etc.

As an aside, anyone else love classic chrome as much as me? I very rarely use anything else, just provia if i need a bit more punch.

Raw is raw. If you shoot in colour you can develop to b+w and vice versa.
As for viewing in camera, you could always shoot in raw then use the in camera editor to view colour options etc.

As an aside, anyone else love classic chrome as much as me? I very rarely use anything else, just provia if i need a bit more punch.

Thanks for that, and looking also the Classic Chrome gives really nice images aswell IMHO, I think I will be using that personally all the time along with B&W.

Just had a look your right, bugger!! Guess that's another reason to look at the other options :rolleyes: Unless I could add them in post processing?

The X10 has an exr cmos sensor not the Xtrans sensor of the other X cameras and uses a different colour filter array.
However now that Adobe has built in these colour profiles into photoshop and lightroom it may be possible to use them... but without trying we will not know for certain. If I can find a moment to dig out the X10 in the next couple of days, I will try to give it a go.

A few more snaps from yesterday. All colour versions straight out of camera but cropped. Very pleased with the Fuji colours.

21240815846_04996e38ae_b.jpg

21256557382_5384363925_b.jpg

21079173968_97080f55bd_b.jpg

20644369934_a98b27c68b_b.jpg

21078979740_69fce8c759_b.jpg

Nice set, really like the steps photo.

Swansea Mariner, must be with Kilvey Hill in background? Haven't had a strool around there for a good few years seems to be changing a lot with the developements there.

Last edited:
Just checked a raw file out of the X10 and Adobe does not show chrome as an option.

This is the original JPG (Vivid) as it came out of the camera:

Last edited:
When I just looked at the card in my old X10 I discovered a few of the last shots I had taken on it but never processed... at 27 minutes past 12 at the Christmas Midnight mass 2013. During the peace....

This one was taken 1/15 second F2 ISO 640.

This is the original JPG (Vivid) as it came out of the camera:

21104823630_4c6e37bf16_b.jpg

And the edited RAW one again:

20671112383_ae267f5e18_b.jpg

You know there is not a lot of difference between the two, was that what you were trying to do - mimic the in camera processing with lightroom ?

When I just looked at the card in my old X10 I discovered a few of the last shots I had taken on it but never processed... at 27 minutes past 12 at the Christmas Midnight mass 2013. During the peace....

This one was taken 1/15 second F2 ISO 640.

That's a good clear photo for iso 640 - what noise reduction was on that if you can remember ?

Yeah see I heard really good things about the X10 and some reckon the later cameras don't produce the same 'magic' it does

The EXR sensor of the X10 did not lend itsef to further development. Though it had some unique advantages for small compacts.
It proved too much of a problem for Adobe and others when it came to raw processing. Nor was it workable with out an anti aliasing filter.
It became a dead end...though an excellent one.
The Xtrans sensor is in no way inferior, even though it has one trick it can not perform, and that is the EXR could double up the pixels in extreme conditions, and get a cleaner result, but at half the pixel resolution. Though I did not use that function in the picture above.

Last edited:
You know there is not a lot of difference between the two, was that what you were trying to do - mimic the in camera processing with lightroom ?

I wanted to keep the Vivid look and this can be selected in Lightroom - any of the Fuji film simulation modes can be selected. Apart from that I just wanted to try to get more detail out of the shadow areas. To my eye the edited version looks a lot crisper?

AL

Last edited:
Back to Mumbles again today! The old and the new Lifeboat stations.

21306619491_625d005a8b_b.jpg

Another. Classic Chrome/Lightroom!

21298749935_6d743435e0_b.jpg

Really nice shots those - really crisp

If I can just say I know a lot of people hate selective colour but I do sometimes like it myself - BUT in this instance I think the top photo would look better just black & white and I know what you were trying to do with the old and the new which is actually very clever I just think in black and white only would look better in this instance in my opinion of course

Back