The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Lazy Sunday afternoon, few hours to spare. So I thought I would go through some old photos. Forgot just how good some of the images can be, from the X10. Going through some of the old photos, of the family. Hair and skin tones, look pretty good. Pleased that the X10, has captured so many happy memories, of the family over the years. I know I do have a moan about the X10 now and again. But have to admit, it does produce the goods :).

Lazy Sunday afternoon, few hours to spare. So I thought I would go through some old photos. Forgot just how good some of the images can be, from the X10. Going through some of the old photos, of the family. Hair and skin tones, look pretty good. Pleased that the X10, has captured so many happy memories, of the family over the years. I know I do have a moan about the X10 now and again. But have to admit, it does produce the goods :).
Yes I really like mine, despite the lack of info in the OVF. Likewise, 99% of shots of our grandson taken with it. I mostly shoot full frame (film!), and keep trying to justify something like a XE2, but the zooms tend to have less reach and/or be a couple of stops slower. Not really looking for shallow DoF, and IQ for web-scale sharing is fine from the X10.

Yes I really like mine, despite the lack of info in the OVF. Likewise, 99% of shots of our grandson taken with it. I mostly shoot full frame (film!), and keep trying to justify something like a XE2, but the zooms tend to have less reach and/or be a couple of stops slower. Not really looking for shallow DoF, and IQ for web-scale sharing is fine from the X10.

Within reason the IQ of theX00 cameras is as good as most users will ever need for what ever purpose.

If only I could find a black x30 :( ( at a reasonable price )

Last edited:
I've never had that notify thing work :( oh well, no hurry ( he says, checking the site around a billion times per day )

I've never had that notify thing work :( oh well, no hurry ( he says, checking the site around a billion times per day )
Ditto.
I've given up trying to find the perfect camera for all occasions, so am going to try an X30 for day to day stuff and a MFT body and superzoom lens for special occasions/holidays.
Key thing for me is manual zoom, which I think makes a big difference to the shooting experience.
Once I've managed to secure an X30 (maybe in 20 years or so) I'll part with the XF1 and the LX100.

Fujifilm refurbish says they are £219. But out of stock, their site says notify when in stock. Wonder where their supply may come from?
Unsold stock returned by stores and items returned for refund.

I suspect, given the premium price, that people are buying them to flip into eBay at a profit.

Fujifilm refurbish says they are £219. But out of stock, their site says notify when in stock. Wonder where their supply may come from?

They had 40-odd added in one batch last time, which I assume was from shop stock returns. The odd ones that are added presumably have been sent back for repair.

AL

I'd be surprised if they were actually repairs - that would suggest that when you send a faulty one for repair Fuji send you a new one and then sell your repaired one at a discount.
My experience (from a faulty XF1) is the opposite - given the 3 week turnaround it was clearly my own camera being returned.
So I don't think these 'refurbs' are actually repairs - more likely unsold or open box demo units from stores or open box items returned under cooling off period.

Unsold stock returned by stores and items returned for refund.

I suspect, given the premium price, that people are buying them to flip into eBay at a profit.
They had 40-odd added in one batch last time, which I assume was from shop stock returns. The odd ones that are added presumably have been sent back for repair.

AL
If you could get them from fuji refurb, it is a very good price. Because the price being asked on auction sites is ridiculous. Seems they are selling as well, as most have got pretty high bids on them..

I'd be surprised if they were actually repairs - that would suggest that when you send a faulty one for repair Fuji send you a new one and then sell your repaired one at a discount.
My experience (from a faulty XF1) is the opposite - given the 3 week turnaround it was clearly my own camera being returned.
So I don't think these 'refurbs' are actually repairs - more likely unsold or open box demo units from stores or open box items returned under cooling off period.

Aghh no, that is a distant memory. I do not want to remember my XF1 days ;).

Wonder why they get returned then (n)

A lot of people send cameras back because the can't cope with them.
An X30 is as complex and functional as manymedium range Dslr cameras, which is why experienced photographers like them so much. While it can be used as a point and shoot that is not it's target customer.

Last edited:
A lot of people send cameras back because the can't cope with them.
An X30 is as compex as many Dslr cameras, which is why experienced photographers like them so much. While it can be used as a point and shoot that is not it's target customer.
Suppose it may be the reason. I quite like the functions on the X10, pretty enjoyable to use :).

WHat are the best lenses in Fuji? I've got a zoom that came with it but want something with faster aperture

WHat are the best lenses in Fuji? I've got a zoom that came with it but want something with faster aperture
All the lenses are superb, even the 27mm f2.8 is a corker! What do you like taking photos of and where in your zoom range do you find yourself the most? It'll be easier to answer when we know that :)

Also, may find a better answer in xt1 XT2 thread

Last edited:
Seeing it my missus's birthday, I have got my X10 on charge, oh and a DSLR just in case. Taking the X10 the pub, and hopefully I will get some photos of the missus. Seeing there will probably be not a great deal of light, I will probably use ADV low light mode. As bumping the ISO right up in dim light, may not produce the best of images. Only thing I do not like about the ADV mode, is it is not possible to pick focus point.

Well had a good night out with the missus, and I took the X10 to get some indoor pub shots. I used the ADV low light mode, and the results were a little poor. The ADV low light mode had chosen ISO 2000, which meant images were very noisy, and not very usable. I would have been better off using the dreaded pop up flash, in aperture priority. Just I did not want to set off the flash, inside the pub. I did use the pop up flash, walking home in the dark. I used aperture priority, and the results were pretty good.

It's the most viewed thread in Talk Equipment though!
Yes, the most viewed threads in Talk equipment. But not the most replies, a few others with a lot more replies. It is a fairly old thread as well. Maybe it is due to the X10 , X20 , X30 , etc, now discontinued models.

Had the X10 for years, can't believe I have just figured out, how to use the AF tracking mode. Pretty nifty little feature. Be great if this function would work in video mode. Great to keep faces in focus, while doing video.

I see mpb have a "like new" x20 for £219 in case anyone fancies it

Just looked on eBay for x30 - some place in Manchester has 7 of them for..... wait for it.....

Drum roll...

£550 each

:tumbleweed:

Anyone got an XQ-2? Much as I love my (still working fine!!! :p:p:p) XF-1, I'm all too aware that it may die at any moment and the XQ seems to be the closest thing to it in handling. Other than the motorised zoom (which I can live with if I have to), are there any major differences?

XF1 has an EXR sensor; XQ2 has X-Trans, is 50g lighter, has Wi-Fi, better video, Classic Chrome film mode and has twice as many dots on its rear screen. Probably other differences which you'll find by scrolling through the specs on DPReview.

Put something in Wanted if you do want one as mine will be available - just can't do without a viewfinder.

Thanks for the offer but as my XF1 is still working fine and because some Baby X Fujis have been less than reliable, I'll probably be buying new for the peace of mind that a warranty gives. They're not too expensive as refurbs (when available, £159 with 12 months warranty.)

Thanks for the offer but as my XF1 is still working fine and because some Baby X Fujis have been less than reliable, I'll probably be buying new for the peace of mind that a warranty gives. They're not too expensive as refurbs (when available, £159 with 12 months warranty.)
There does not seem to be much about for sale, or at least for a sensible price. I never did get another compact to replace my XF1. My X10 is not compact enough :).

I bought a XQ-2 from the refurb store, and I'm pretty happy with it. The shots look pretty good to me. I have a half dozen comparative shots in the X10 and the XQ-2, but I have not uploaded them yet. This last week we've been with my son's family, and took quite a lot of shots with both cameras. The XQ-2 is really nice, very small and compact so you can always have it with you. The f/1.8 lens is very nice at the wide end, but indoors I found the lens very slow at the long end, and switched back to the X10 to keep the shutter speeds faster.

Edit: don't forget the discount codes...

Last edited:
Back