The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

I bought a XQ-2 from the refurb store, and I'm pretty happy with it. The shots look pretty good to me. I have a half dozen comparative shots in the X10 and the XQ-2, but I have not uploaded them yet. This last week we've been with my son's family, and took quite a lot of shots with both cameras. The XQ-2 is really nice, very small and compact so you can always have it with you. The f/1.8 lens is very nice at the wide end, but indoors I found the lens very slow at the long end, and switched back to the X10 to keep the shutter speeds faster.

Edit: don't forget the discount codes...
I did get some great photos with my XF1, it was very pocketable also. I am very reluctant to spend a lot of money on a compact camera. In fact, I would not spend a lot on a compact. Besides there is not much in the way of truly pocketable cameras, with good sensors. Got my eye on the Canon G9X as a replacement , but they are ridiculous prices at the moment.

If anyone is looking for a genuine Fujifilm X20/X30 Lens Hood and Filter Kit (Black) let me know and I'll stick it in the Classifieds ;)

AL

Not so clever after all at this uploading malarkey.. How do I delete the duplicated image?

Press edit and just remove the duplicate link

Out with the X10 this morning, along the canal. Got some photos, with the idea of putting some up here. Got some nice photos, just let down by the shadows. Should have used RAW, as I may have been able to lift the shadows.

Out with the X10 this morning, along the canal. Got some photos, with the idea of putting some up here. Got some nice photos, just let down by the shadows. Should have used RAW, as I may have been able to lift the shadows.

Have you had much luck with Raw on the X10? ISTR it was difficult given the oddities of the EXR sensor. Limited to half the pixels, 6mp etc? (Although that's all I usually shoot the X10 at, to take advantage of the DR tricks.)

Have you had much luck with Raw on the X10? ISTR it was difficult given the oddities of the EXR sensor. Limited to half the pixels, 6mp etc? (Although that's all I usually shoot the X10 at, to take advantage of the DR tricks.)
I do tend to use RAW on the X10, mainly to lift shadows and adjust colour tones and temperature. I use the Silkypix software that came with the camera. Results can be pretty good. When the light is good, it can produce some cracking photos. I was looking at some of my old photos taken with the X10, in the summer, late evening. The reproduction in skin tone and hair, is pretty impressive.

Been out with the X10 over the last few days, and been trying various settings and techniques. Varying results, some not so good, while some are pretty good.I was going to post some of the results up the other day, but I was thinking, I may be better off posting in another section.

Not used the xf1 for a while, took this the other day, the ss was very slow...

Victoria_Morning by SEP9001, on Flickr

Been out with the X10 over the last few days, and been trying various settings and techniques. Varying results, some not so good, while some are pretty good.I was going to post some of the results up the other day, but I was thinking, I may be better off posting in another section.

Oh go on, don't be a tease, at least one here please?

Oh go on, don't be a tease, at least one here please?
Been taking the X10 out over the last few days, been shooting in Jpeg with a few in camera tweaks. Been varying from f/2.8 f/5.6 and f/8, with various ISO settings, while taking photos out on the street. Results seem a little mushy, while indoor photos seem to fair better. Got a few nice indoor shots of the missus just recently, but she is not too keen me posting them on the net ;).

There have not been many XQ1 or XQ2 shots on here. I took the XQ2 out with my X10 and tried to take some comparison shots. Not at all scientific, I didn't get the zooms exactly the same, or the exposures; in fact I stuck them both in P mode and just shot. Anyway, I still think it's interesting. Not artsy shots, just what I could find in an autumn afternoon (taken ages to get them off and sort them out). Factors affecting the results include different sensor, different base ISO, shorter zoom on the XQ2, XQ2 slightly brighter at the wide end but a lot darker at the long end.

1) X10 ISO 320 1/60 f/2.8

2) XQ2 ISO 500 1/30 F/4.9

3) X10 ISO 125 1/60 F/2.8

4) XQ2 ISO 400 1/30 F/4.9

5) X10 ISO 100 1/105 F/2.2 10.8MM

6) XQ2 ISO 200 1/45 F/4 12.3 mm

7) X10 ISO 100 1/85 F/2.8 28.4 mm

8) XQ2 ISO 250 1/30 F/4.9 25.6 mm

Edited to add exposure info...

Last edited:
i've been watching them in the last week or so, seems they're not selling at £275. Admittedly, that's still too high

There's one currently at £240 plus £10 postage with 7 hours to go. Buy it now is £357!

Look at what completed ones went for recently! Think £392 the highest which is outrageous secondhand. I got a refurb when think they had a job lot in the summer. Lovely camera to use if only had time to use it.Been out once and then only local [emoji20]

There's an X30 listed on MPB at a keen price. I can't make up my mind whether to buy it, so someone else please take advantage of my indecision!

Euurrghh. Just got in from works xmas do. Not the right time to be making these alcoholic decisions:(

Sorry. I *think* pickled me wants it. Sober me says re-plaster my son's bedroom next month. Wifey says we have ikkle Sony

I say Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz nighty night

I've screwed around with my X10 and managed to lose the Quick Options available when I press the "Raw" button. Instead I just get a padlock symbol on the screen. What have O done and how do I get my "Q" options back again?

I've screwed around with my X10 and managed to lose the Quick Options available when I press the "Raw" button. Instead I just get a padlock symbol on the screen. What have O done and how do I get my "Q" options back again?

Just did a quick Google and someone said this worked:

"................try holding the OK button for 5-10 seconds"

And:

"Pressing and holding the Menu/OK button for TWO SECONDS will cause the four-way switch to lock ... i.e., you cannot select drive mode, macro, flash or timer. It also locks the RAW button which, in my opinion, should have been changed after the update to firmware V2 as this disables access to the Q-Menu. Pressing the Menu/OK button for TWO SECONDS again unlocks the controls. In other words, press to toggle lock on and off. This is not an error. It is clearly documented on Page 4 of the manual along with a description of what the function of all the other buttons, knobs, dials and such are."

Well after much debate I finally got my hands on a Broken X10 for a bargain price last week and when the parts arrived today I managed to strip the camera and get it working, just had a play today with it and I'm loving it already should have got one a long time ago!

Last edited:
Back