The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Liking those a lot, Helen! Were you using any of the film simulations or is that the camera's natural colouration for the flowers?

Liking those a lot, Helen! Were you using any of the film simulations or is that the camera's natural colouration for the flowers?
No just shot Raw.... looking at the lightroom history... crop and levels adjustment but not by much

The flowers colours were that vibrant or pretty close, I don't think the camera changed them much
I don't think my D7000 could have done any better on these but I do get annoyed with the back screen, trying to frame and focus at times but no other complaints

H

Got to love tulips in the Spring!

I'm only running LR3 at the moment and it refuses to open them :( Will just be shooting high quality jpegs until I've saved enough for LR5.

Hi Nick, I just wondered have you tried downloading the free Adobe DNG converter ? The latest version works with all the Fuji X cameras, you could then convert your RAW files to DNG and open them in Lightroom. There's no loss of quality whatsoever and a marginal saving on memory.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Hi Nick, I just wondered have you tried downloading the free Adobe DNG converter ? The latest version works with all the Fuji X cameras, you could then convert your RAW files to DNG and open them in Lightroom. There's no loss of quality whatsoever and a marginal saving on memory.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Wow thanks! That sounds like a good plan. I'll give it a go when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks again!

has anyone used dynamic mode ? It seems to struggle with the blacks and leave them very patchy...Maybe I'm doing something wrong with this mode ?

Does it work like Nikons D-Range? If so it tries to lift the shadows by raising the ISO on that bit. Clever stuff but I don't see how it can work and give good results myself as you just end up with noisy shadows.

Maybe I'm way off the mark though.

I think ( I read a bit of the manual :coat: ) - will see if I can pull something out of the magic editing box

Its magic sometimes. It (I think) changes the iso in dark areas). It also enforces a higher minimum iso when turned on. I can't make up my mind if I like it or not. I will say that EXR mode can produce some amazing shots in full auto though, and the auto flash balance is just brilliant. I don't like the camera NR but easy enough to apply in LR afterwards.

Hello

When I take a release the shutter shooting with the X10 there is a delay and the resulting image is different to what I was looking at. An example would be taking a snap of my grandson looking straight at me but the recorded image has him with his head turned, or if he is on the move, almost out of the frame. Does anyone recognise this problem? Have I down something stupid? Have done a reset but still the same.

Thanks

3910-1397295091-513d3667939cfe4e62d0ae6986df0126.jpg

3911-1397295113-10b43be6c00fa713f84b0d1dfc563250.jpg

Been trying some shots with the Fuji XF1, I dialed in some exposure comp but it still seems prone to over exposing a little. Not quite cracked this little camera yet. I do like the way it slightly de focuses the background.

Last edited:
Lol, do you know what, I faved this on Flickr earlier on and just assumed it was with your D7000... gotta admit that's pretty impressive!! (y)
Thanks David - it's not perfect but as I only took 3 shots, all were ok I think

This is dynamic mode that I was taking about the other day. Not exactly ideal - very noisy in places, patchy blacks appearing in the greens etcetera

unloved
by damianmkv, on Flickr

That would be my reason for the Sony. There's absolutely no point me getting a camera that needs a bag and doesn't fit in my pocket because it defeats the object

Got to the beach with the little monster today. I shouldn't take the film gear with me when I want to use the little Fuji as I end up using the film gear more! Anyway, one that I did take:

just the one
by rednorters, on Flickr

Not has a chance to use my xf1 for a while but have just processed these two...

13879715333_df4701037f.jpg
Millennium Bridge[/url] by SEP9001, on Flickr[/IMG] 

13879731133_7397435f0f.jpg
Blackfriars station[/url] by SEP9001, on Flickr[/IMG]

Oops sorry, I have forgotten how to upload. Does this work?

Back