The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Ignore above - can't bring myself to sell it.

I can understand that... It is a classic of its kind and I would keep and use mine what ever else I bought.
I would rather have it than the cash in hand.

Well, yet another U turn. Have just ordered an X-E2 with 18-55 so my X30 is now up for sale again!

Well, yet another U turn. Have just ordered an X-E2 with 18-55 so my X30 is now up for sale again!

there will be many occasions when you will miss your X30. An XE2 and 188-55 is a fair lump in comparison, and does not have the reach of the X30
If it were me I would hang onto it.

I got my X10 in May or June 2013 and still use it more than the 600D or 7D! Great walk-about camera, the only thing I yearn for is a bit more zoom.

I took it to Scotland and used it much more than the SLRs. I've been playing around with monochrome processing of some shots, this is a Scottish Blackface ewe and her lambs near Machrihanish.
Maybe I've overdone it but I like high contrast and the HP5 like grain:)

scotblface.jpg

there will be many occasions when you will miss your X30. An XE2 and 188-55 is a fair lump in comparison, and does not have the reach of the X30. If it were me I would hang onto it.

I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't sell, but having more than one camera sometimes makes it difficult for me to decide which to use ;)

OK, the X30 is on its way to a new home. I've put a Lens Hood/Filter/Cap set and case in the classifieds if someone would like to relieve me of them.

OK, the X30 is on its way to a new home. I've put a Lens Hood/Filter/Cap set and case in the classifieds if someone would like to relieve me of them.
I would like to relieve you of those so have updated your sales thread and sent you a PM :)

Last edited:
If anyone's interested, there are about 12 silver X30s for sale at the Fuji refurb site - price looks good to and I'm even tempted myself:)

Almost worth buying a spare at that price (£219).... If they were black I might be tempted.

Just to re-introduce some life to this thread, here are a couple taken in York last week. I took the X30 with me instead of my RX10 III on a day when the weather was poor but it improved so the X30 got some proper use. I really missed the 24mm of the RX10 however.

DSCF0211.JPG

DSCF0208.JPG

Great lack of posts in this thread lately.

However... I went for a walk round my town yesterday (Uppermill Saddleworth.)
And every thing was looking like summer. so I took a few shots...
Including where I stopped for Coffee ... It is a recycling center and coffee shop so I tried a hand held stitched pan.( 101 degrees finished) certainly not the ideal situation for a hand held with all the lines, chairs and wires, with things both near and far. Massive parallax error potential.
So I gave it a go. set manual every thing. Came out with very few stitching errors. the focus was on the cup on the near table.

When I got home I found I had two miniature bugs in my lens walking around bold as brass, so the camera spent the night in a box with insecticide vapour. no sign of them in the horning ...I hope they have curled up and died somewhere safe.

TA3X4798Z-wseb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4796Z-web by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4795Zweb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4793Zweb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4779Z-TA3X4782Z-web by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great lack of posts in this thread lately.

However... I went for a walk round my town yesterday (Uppermill Saddleworth.)
And every thing was looking like summer. so I took a few shots...
Including where I stopped for Coffee ... It is a recycling center and coffee shop so I tried a hand held stitched pan.( 101 degrees finished) certainly not the ideal situation for a hand held with all the lines, chairs and wires, with things both near and far. Massive parallax error potential.
So I gave it a go. set manual every thing. Came out with very few stitching errors. the focus was on the cup on the near table.

When I got home I found I had two miniature bugs in my lens walking around bold as brass, so the camera spent the night in a box with insecticide vapour. no sign of them in the horning ...I hope they have curled up and died somewhere safe.

TA3X4798Z-wseb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4796Z-web by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4795Zweb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4793Zweb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X4779Z-TA3X4782Z-web by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Lovely set of images Sir, all well composed, spot on colour & exposure, and some fine detail.(y)

"I really must start using my X30 a bit more, the results that can be obtained from them is excellent and such a versatile little camera"

George.

Oh well, for better or worse, I pulled the trigger on a refurb X30 last night. I just wanted a decent carry-able zoom lens camera for when I'm out and about - so that I can leave the heavier X series cameras/lenses at home. I hope I won't regret this but at just £219 it seemed a steal to me. We'll see :)

Nice.. I was looking at the XQ2 as they'd got those back in stock - but the old PAYPAL12 codes not working for the discount and £5 delivery which isn't even guaranteed next-day I decided to leave it for now and wait to see what pops up in the forums here.. :D

I did the reverse, I added a refurbished XE2 with 18 55 to my set of cameras. I doubt that I will use it much as compared to the X30 as it is more of a lump, with less reach.
But it will probably only be used when I need the extra potential quality. The X30 actually has an excellent feature set.

Nice.. I was looking at the XQ2 as they'd got those back in stock - but the old PAYPAL12 codes not working for the discount and £5 delivery which isn't even guaranteed next-day I decided to leave it for now and wait to see what pops up in the forums here.. :D
That's a surprise as it worked when I bought my refurb X30 in April as I paid £208.66 inc delivery. Not as big a discount as it used to be but £15 off is still worth having.

That's a surprise as it worked when I bought my refurb X30 in April as I paid £208.66 inc delivery. Not as big a discount as it used to be but £15 off is still worth having.
How are you getting on with your X30 - anything I should know??

I've had an X30 since it was released so this was a second one in the 'other' colour. I don't use it a huge amount as, as I found when I used it for a day in York instead of my usual RX10 III, I really missed the 24mm end of the zoom range. Other than that I'm happy with it. I'm taking JPG & RAW because I can but I only use the JPGs with minimal level shifting and shadow lifting. The results from York are here so you can judge for yourself.

Well, my X30 arrived RMSD yesterday and I have to say, having never seen one before, that the quality is amazing - I really didn't expect it to be so well made. I'll put it to good use next week.

However, I think that a hood and filter will be a must - that lens front element is a bit exposed.

Hood and filter are a pain for the X30 as the thread is 40mm rather than the standard 40.5mm. Fuji's own filter/hood/cap set is an eye-watering £75-ish so third-party is a must. The hood from JJC is perfectly adequate but it's hard to find a decent UV or protector filter. I bought an '18-layer coated' UV filter by Camdiox but I can't find a UK source for it now.

Well, my X30 arrived RMSD yesterday and I have to say, having never seen one before, that the quality is amazing - I really didn't expect it to be so well made. I'll put it to good use next week.

However, I think that a hood and filter will be a must - that lens front element is a bit exposed.

I went to the bother of getting a 40 to 49 adapter from SRB which I leave in place, as it takes a standard filter, hood and pinch type lens cap.
However I never bother with the filter and hood, the adapter itself acts as sufficient protection and as a minimal hood. But I have never suffered from flare with this lens from lack of a hood.

The baby Xs do seem to control flare extremely well. Shame they don't add any flair to my shots!

I got a XQ2 for my OH, she seems to quite like it, and the IQ is pretty good. Not quite up to the X10 standard, I think. And I really don't like controlling the zoom with that little nipple in front of the shutter button. Nevertheless, a very capable pocket camera.

Was it a good swap? :p

I got a XQ2 for my OH, she seems to quite like it, and the IQ is pretty good. Not quite up to the X10 standard, I think. And I really don't like controlling the zoom with that little nipple in front of the shutter button. Nevertheless, a very capable pocket camera.

I agree with Nod, Seems like a fair swap.:whistle::D

George.

In the end the other bloke wanted cash.... :whistle:

Reactions: Nod

Yes was just really after something in addition to my X100T that I can stick in my pocket and take anywhere.. getting frustrated with the iphone camera after close to 2yrs using it as my carry everywhere camera..

Yes was just really after something in addition to my X100T that I can stick in my pocket and take anywhere.. getting frustrated with the iphone camera after close to 2yrs using it as my carry everywhere camera..

If you haven't got the XQ2 yet, have you considered the X70?

Much as I love the baby X series, the lack of an eye level VF combined with failing eyesight means that the XF and XQ are only usable (for ME) when I'm wearing bifocals rather than contact lenses so I've migrated to a Panasonic as a pocket camera. Still got all the baby Fujis as well - and prefer their output TBH, it's just that the Panny ticks the VF and shirt pocket boxes that are a need for me.

If you haven't got the XQ2 yet, have you considered the X70?

I'd considered it previously but it was off my radar so thanks for the reminder.. :D

Much as I love the baby X series, the lack of an eye level VF combined with failing eyesight means that the XF and XQ are only usable (for ME) when I'm wearing bifocals rather than contact lenses so I've migrated to a Panasonic as a pocket camera. Still got all the baby Fujis as well - and prefer their output TBH, it's just that the Panny ticks the VF and shirt pocket boxes that are a need for me.

I'm the opposite - my disability is similar to a severe arthritus so I cannot use viewfinders and rely solely on the screens.. am currently borrowing the wifes XF1 to keep me going with a half decent carry-around until my decision is made.. lol

Back