THE PP GAME!

Yanzi said:
Aw wow, thank you very much! :D I really liked Wayne's edit.

I did too Leanne, along with a couple of others. Was very hard to judge that last round !!

Congrats Leanne, here's my bash at the next one

Baby_.jpg

and layers

Baby_Layers.jpg

I then made a new canvas, cloned part of the baby in dissolve mode onto separate layer, brought in worked baby pic, added daisy brush bits.

Here`s my attemp

basic stuff in raw, sharpen etc
cloned some extra daisys in
load jigsaw template and copy over original pic
cut some pieces out and rotate to look random
done!

Nephewppgame.jpg

Last edited:
Really liking these :) I'll show them to my sister, she wanted to see what folk would come up with! The jigsaw idea is cool; I really like what Joan's done too - reminds me of a photo album cover, I love the dissolved bw effect in the background.

She sure did!
Ooops, yep, I was hoping to wrap this up tonight but any chance of a couple more entries guys? :) I feel bad choosing between two of you!

I'll end this tomorrow night as I'm working late!

Last edited:
I'm out of this one as I am away and no access to any editing tools but to help you out- I like both:LOL:

Can there be a joint winner as they are both very impressive?

I've been reading this thread for ages but daren't enter as I am just not good enough to get anywhere need the standard shown especially with these last two :eek:

Please enter, I have learnt so much from watching and trying things for myself, it's really fun when you get going

Ok heres another one.

6862058500_4ea6db9f2f_b.jpg

Opened raw, cropped and basic ajustment in camera raw, then in photoshop proper, I selected the lad, and blured the background, shapened just the eyes and mouth, and fnally reduced the saturation on his ears.

3 great edits so far :clap:

Wasn't until I looked at Wayne's edit, you can see the lad is eating grass :LOL:

Sorry I haven't entered, not had the time, but hopefully be back for next one (y)

So I decided it was about time I joined in!

_MG_9072a.jpg

I opened in camera RAW and adjusted the exposure, recovered some of the blown highlights and tweaked the blacks before opening in photoshop.

I've no idea how to show my history as it seems to vanish off the top and never seen again:bonk:

I added some Gaussian blur using a layer mask to blur the background, then did the same with a levels layer to darken the background and clear up some of the clutter.

The nom nom grass was removed with the spot healing tool.

Eyes were selectively sharpened using the unsharp filter.

Then hue/ saturation was lowered to conver to B&W with the eyes and daisies selectively coloured.

Last edited:
Marsha, in edit preferences change the number of history states from the default 20, I set mine much higher so if I'm using the clone tool ect I can step back if needed, don't go mad if your computer has low spec though.

Sorry to say that I have just been told that I am advertising on this forum (which I have not been, just trying to give a helping hand and also learning things myself) and, as such, this is my signing off post. I really don't need big brother telling me what to do.

Hi guys sorry for taking so long :) Thanks to all who had a go, It's really fun seeing what others can do to your own pics. I've just shown my sister the others too because it's her little boy. She agrees you've done a cracking job!

I found it really hard to choose because there's bits I like about 'em all but Wayne's edit is my favourite:

I like the crop and the sharpness on his facial features. I also like what you've done to the background!

Your turn! =)

Ok Thanks heres the next one for you, I'm struggling a bit as I'm out at a job so have very little here to put up, heres one from a way back.

7010686425_e999f7ca16_b.jpg

Sorry to say that I have just been told that I am advertising on this forum (which I have not been, just trying to give a helping hand and also learning things myself) and, as such, this is my signing off post. I really don't need big brother telling me what to do.

I'm also sorry to see you go Joan, I hope you'll reconsider your decision to leave, I hadn't really noticed any advertising in your sig, I'm sure I have seen advertising in other peoples sigs.
You have given lots of helpfull advice on here Joan, it would be a shame to loose that.

Wayne

sorry you feel that way, we have simple rules which are there for the good of everyone, having to remove commercial links from your signature more than once is disappointing, for you then to flounce because you dont want to follow the rules is also disappointing as you clearly have a lot of knowledge to offer the membership.

I used Image/Adjustments/Shadows/Highlights first to recover some detail in the shadow area.
I then used the clone stamp tool set to darken colour to remove the light edge around the lamp.
I then removed some noise from sky with noiseware pro.
Then adjusted curves a little.
Finally I did some selective adjustments of Hue Saturation.

bcYRz.jpg

, for you then to flounce because you dont want to follow the rules is also disappointing as you clearly have a lot of knowledge to offer the membership.

It was not flouncing, as well you know, as I said in the private message there are many signatures that offer services. Your response to that was that I was offering services to photographers. Many of the portrait and wedding photographers, if you take the time to visit their websites, also offer print services and at no point have I pushed my business.

All I have ever done is to join in the forum with a view to learning and sharing any knowledge that I have.

Is this not what this forum is all about.

"flounce/flouns/
Verb:

Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: "he stood up in a fury and flounced out".
Trimmed with a flounce or flounces.

Noun:

An exaggerated action, typically intended to express one's annoyance or impatience.
A wide ornamental strip of material gathered and sewn to a piece of fabric; a frill."

How exactly do you move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner on an internet forum? We cant even see them.

There are many others here with a sig refering to their business, one rule for all?

Last edited:
I then used the clone stamp tool set to darken colour to remove the light edge around the lamp.

how did you do that if you dont mind me asking, cant find a way of doing it that isnt really fiddly?

how did you do that if you dont mind me asking, cant find a way of doing it that isnt really fiddly?

This may or may not help. It can still be a little fiddly in that you still have to change your selection points for the clone stamp tool but if you have an image like this one with a dark area being surrounded by a lighter halo it works graeat as you do not need to be too careful cloning the halo out. If you look at the image my brush is well into the dark area but only the lighter pixels are being cloned.

QiriQ.jpg

Been a bit busy of late to say the least so just catching up- Joan, would be sorry to see you go as I value your contributions.

Can't say I ever notice signatures really- although I am not the most observant as some of you will have witnessed in many if not all of my edits:LOL:

"flounce/flouns/
Verb:

Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: "he stood up in a fury and flounced out".
Trimmed with a flounce or flounces.

Noun:

An exaggerated action, typically intended to express one's annoyance or impatience.
A wide ornamental strip of material gathered and sewn to a piece of fabric; a frill."

How exactly do you move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner on an internet forum? We cant even see them.

There are many others here with a sig refering to their business, one rule for all?

Thanks Wayne

Back