Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

Having a Mojo problem at the moment, but I'm determined to keep with the 52 come hell or high water. I need to get planning some landscape day trips out by my self for a bit later on in the year when the sun is not so hot and stays in bed longer.

Pete

It's come round quick again! Theme eve! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

It's come round quick again!

I can't believe how fast this week has gone,
I haven't even thought about the previous weeks theme yet :(

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
On to week 30, as I noted earlier there is no scheduled Snappers Choice this session.
In case anyone is struggling with the the HDR / Tone map technique,
it may not be the easiest of tech's,
therefore out of the goodness of my heart
you can have an extra one (y)

Last edited:
Thakkle do nicely ta fanx etc :D

On to week 30, as I noted earlier there is no scheduled Snappers Choice this session.
In case anyone is struggling with the the HDR / Tone map technique,
it may not be the easiest of tech's,
therefore out of the goodness of my heart
you can have an extra one (y)
Extra Tech or extra Snapper's Choice?

Last edited:
Here we are again so soon! Feme Eve :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Getting behind a bit now but I've got my Fuji back from repair so maybe I can start a catch-up.

It's Thursday :clap:
Hoping for a good theme this week as I'll be down west in glorious Pembrokeshire for the week...
Please be kind @Cobra :)

OK Hands up all those that want a new theme....

Gotta hand it too ya! Good theme :)

Can I ask people what they're using to create HDR pics?

I can do them in lightroom, but I don't seem to have that much control and the HDR images look like normal images (which is what I would probably want in a normal situation) but means I can't seem to create something which looks obviously HDR, if that makes sense.

I can't seem to create something which looks obviously HDR, if that makes sense.
That's the idea, its supposed to subtle.
I use Affinity to tone map.
Some camera's will do it in house as it were.
Or bracket say 3 images and merge them.
Most editing software will "Photomerge"
And I assume light room will also do this. I don't use it though.

I get it - it's like focus stacking, you shouldn't be able to tell it's been done in most instance. But sometime I see really overprocessed HDR shots and would at least like to be able to experiment with them.

I normally take three bracketed shots and then do it in Lightroom - but as I say, the process appears to be totally automated ie you get what you get.

I do have a very old copy of Photomatrix, but I think it's broken.

Last edited:
- but as I say, the process appears to be totally automated ie you get what you get.
Again I don't use LR, but once merged there must be sliders you can play with to adjust colour brightness contrast etc?

Can I ask people what they're using to create HDR pics?

I can do them in lightroom, but I don't seem to have that much control and the HDR images look like normal images (which is what I would probably want in a normal situation) but means I can't seem to create something which looks obviously HDR, if that makes sense.
I had a free program, I think it was Aurora 2018, possibly HDR in the title. In a moment of madness, I paid for the latest version - I don’t think I can resist a bargain I rarely use it, but once or twice it has been really useful to blend pics.

I just had a google and there are still free ones to be had… https://expertphotography.com/free-hdr-software/

edit: actually it looks like some of them watermark your images, so not that useful!

Last edited:
I think it might be user error in this case. Possibly that the times I've tried it, my over-exposed images have been too over-exposed.

But I followed a tutorial online and got slightly better results. Will have to try harder - how long till the next technique?

I think I used to use luminance (free) but trying with the images now just crashed it.
Also have Affinity - File > HDR - does it all for you... I tried with 3x jpgs from 1x dng raw - but the sky messed up. Was advised to use the raw... so I did...
Seems to have better results... Detailed pre processing setting...
Didn't know LR had a HDR.. so I'll give that a go with some other pics later :) since we can keep HDR'ing all pics (lol)

Good people of the 52 community
I'm running a one day special HERE if you fancy something a little different

It's here already! The day before the day. Theme eve is here again! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

It's here already! The day before the day. Theme eve is here again! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

I just don't understand where these days are going to,
they never went this fast before I retired!
Yet again, I've not even thought about the current theme.

On to week 32, and yet another week has gone by without so much as a by-your-leave.

This week's may not be everyone's prefurence, I see foresee a lot pet images or shoehorns. Which ever you prefur..

OK I'm done with the puns .... Fur.

Fur enough. We won't pelt you fur it :)

I'll get me coat.

Back