Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

Apologies fur not being around much lately - don't think I've checked in for at least a week. I've just submitted Hands, which was actually taken on time, but was my backup for a better idea... which as usual didn't get implemented. I will try and catch up on some comments later.

So FUR it is then. I'd better get my thinking cap on quick then. Or should I say my ushanka - I've just had to look that up :D

Will have a huge update from me soon, just working on them all now, should all but completely catch up. Been difficult finding subjects to fit themes, so been making good use of the shoehorn.

Crikey that was a quick un! Tis tomorrow folks :banana: :naughty: :banana:

No - tomorrow is 2 days after yesterday. Which is tomorrow.
I'm convinced its still Friday, the day after the last theme.

Week 33 ...
Might be tough might be easy,
see how Clean & easy you can make this one ..

As a reminder, this week and next week are the last chances on the technique.
HDR /Tone Map

Last edited:
Oh dear, Ian @Harlequin565. What have you done in the main photo thread?

Chris @Cobra
t1DHLSo.jpg
for Ian.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be a few posts from me this week, and even some comments.
We're currently in the second half of the self isolation period after catching Covid !!
Minx even caught the spreadsheet up yesterday :)

We're currently in the second half of the self isolation period after catching Covid !!
Sorry to hear that Tim, I hope you both are ok

Reactions: LC2
Wednesday it is - Thursday t’will be :banana::naughty::banana:

I don't know about the days getting shorter, I'm sure the weeks are!

Week 34
Before I get to the theme, by way of heads up, this the last week for the technique,
A new one is coming, next week, and further, we are straight into a snappers choice, next week too.

But for now, I have to raise a Glass(es?) to those that are still with us. (y)

A quiet week I thought. Anyhoo - it's the day before we get a new Tech to play with :) :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Week 35
and straight into a Snappers choice.

As for the technique
, this really is one I don't "get"
But I've had a few requests from time to time for
Free Lensing

Last edited:
Interesting Tech. Even more interesting for those using fixed lens cameras :D

Even more interesting for those using fixed lens cameras
I did think about that shortly after I posted.
I guess they can just claim a "Bye" for this one.

I did think about that shortly after I posted.
I guess they can just claim a "Bye" for this one.
I would say they could use a magnifying glass or pair of glasses or other transparent medium in front of the fixed lens so that would be in the spirit of the technique.

I would say they could use a magnifying glass or pair of glasses or other transparent medium in front of the fixed lens so that would be in the spirit of the technique.
Excellent point Pete (y)

It would - and on an interchangeable lens camera it would save exposing your sensor to the elements when the shutter opens too!

It would - and on an interchangeable lens camera it would save exposing your sensor to the elements when the shutter opens too!
Another fair point (y)

Apologies to everyone for falling behind on comments. I'm also behind on shots at the moment. Just checking in to see what is next.... free lensing...

.. something I have never tried and confess the thought of exposing my innards does make me go a bit wobbly at the knees :LOL: I might have to try the magnifying glass method.

the thought of exposing my innards does make me go a bit wobbly at the knees
That sounds a bit severe as punishment for falling behind TBH
:D

Never heard of free lensing before. Not keen on using the camera without a lens but hope to figure something else out.

Apologies to everyone for falling behind on comments. I'm also behind on shots at the moment. Just checking in to see what is next.... free lensing...

.. something I have never tried and confess the thought of exposing my innards does make me go a bit wobbly at the knees :LOL: I might have to try the magnifying glass method.

Same here... not sure I want to try it with my brand new camera... I'll try some of the alternatives too.

Added another 7 now, only 3 weeks behind now.

ummmm one last question for free lensing...
If it is to acheive the tilt and shift type photo... would taking with lensbabys be classed as this ?
yes that's one definition, along with a macro effect but its not the object of the challenge

Back