Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

Hi folks just quickly logging in to say I'm still here but sadly I will have to drop out of this years 52 as I have so much work to do on my self, as my head is still wrecked and am waiting for an appointment still.

I will try and log in every so often, as I want to have a go at the 2022 52. I am getting some help from a mental health forum to see me through till I do get the help.

Hi folks just quickly logging in to say I'm still here but sadly I will have to drop out of this years 52 as I have so much work to do on my self, as my head is still wrecked and am waiting for an appointment still.

I will try and log in every so often, as I want to have a go at the 2022 52. I am getting some help from a mental health forum to see me through till I do get the help.
Sorry to hear you're struggling Dave. I am struggling on finding time myself at the moment.

The one thing I would say, is do check in and keep in touch. I think sometimes if everything else in life is going a bit pear shaped, then it's good to have some other outlet that is steady in your life and I think everyone here (particularly in this part of the forum) is very supportive. I think photography is also a great outlet to keep your mind from dwelling on things that aren't going right.
Wishing you luck on your journey and I hope your appointment comes through soon.

Hi folks just quickly logging in to say I'm still here but sadly I will have to drop out of this years 52

Good to see you posting a little again Dave (y)
There are plans for a "12" next year, maybe that might be easier on you?

Good to hear from you Dave, keep your chinn up and make sure you look after yourself; glad to see you're reaching out. Looking forward to seeing you in the next 52 (y)

Keep popping in @Fuji Dave - times like these you need your pals - and you have plenty here!

I was struggling for a while this year, but managed to catch up.
Remember you can always just do the 52 on your own terms, what ever keeps you using the camera and keeps it fun/interesting.

I think this may be the first 52 I complete.

Who takes care of the spreadsheet, mine needs some major updating.

Last edited:
Well here we are again! Pugsley Addams’ Sister is here again to signal the eve of the day! :banana::naughty::banana:

Well here we are again! Pugsley Addams’ Sister is here again to signal the eve of the day! :banana::naughty::banana:
Im looking forward to it as well having just done a major catch up.

Apologies again on the lack of comments, I am so struggling for time at the minute. Hopefully all will be back to normal in two weeks time. I did at least manage a trip out with my camera this week.

On to Week 36
This should get your brains working
Unnatural

Ohhhh that's a goodun :D

To me it means anything that is man made.
Like a lot of themes I post, they are open to interpretation :)
I know one thing ( or a group of things ) locally that could be considered "Unnatural"

:D

Who takes care of the spreadsheet, mine needs some major updating.
You weren't kidding were you. Good job on the catch up !
Tim, Tim is on a short sabbatical,
but he'll be back in due course.
Well, he's kinda back... The spreadsheet is up to date anyway now (it wasn't too far behind, @minx had updated it a week ago).

For those who don't know (which will be everyone bar @Cobra and @minx I suspect) I tested positive for Covid mid August - actually the whole family did, I was the last.
Everyone else bounced back more or less within the 2 weeks, but I was less fortunate and ended up with a week in hospital, primarily due to my BP dropping to about 85 whenever I stood up - resulting in me falling down.
What I can say is thank {deity} we've been jabbed and thank you NHS.
I'm quite a way off being fully recovered, but sitting with a laptop is now something I'm okay with.
So. Whilst I'm not going back over the past month or so catching up with comments, I suspect I will be doing the odd comment or two from now on and catching up my thread (though probably mainly archive shots - as actually going out and doing stuff is really beyond me at the moment.

You weren't kidding were you. Good job on the catch up !

Well, he's kinda back... The spreadsheet is up to date anyway now (it wasn't too far behind, @minx had updated it a week ago).

For those who don't know (which will be everyone bar @Cobra and @minx I suspect) I tested positive for Covid mid August - actually the whole family did, I was the last.
Everyone else bounced back more or less within the 2 weeks, but I was less fortunate and ended up with a week in hospital, primarily due to my BP dropping to about 85 whenever I stood up - resulting in me falling down.
What I can say is thank {deity} we've been jabbed and thank you NHS.
I'm quite a way off being fully recovered, but sitting with a laptop is now something I'm okay with.
So. Whilst I'm not going back over the past month or so catching up with comments, I suspect I will be doing the odd comment or two from now on and catching up my thread (though probably mainly archive shots - as actually going out and doing stuff is really beyond me at the moment.

Glad to hear you're on the mend and wishing you a speedy return to your normal.

Nice one Tim and thank to you and @minx for keeping the scrolls going (y)

For those who don't know (which will be everyone bar @Cobra and @minx I suspect)
I'm glad you are almost back on your feet ( no pun intended) Tim (y)

Sorry to hear that Tim! Hope you all make a full recovery soon.

Thanks @FlyPhot @Cobra @Boots @Manxmaid
There is a way to go yet, but I seem to be going in the right direction :)

Takes time mate - take each day as it comes. I was an early victim back in April last year. Three weeks of hell and came out of hospital 3 stone lighter and a weak dithering mess. I'm ok now - but not fully recovered - especially mentaly. The mental health aspects are worse than the physical long term. My family are right when they point out that yes, tough time, very tough time, but I'm here! They still have me. Focus on that - you're here - many are not!

Takes time mate - take each day as it comes. I was an early victim back in April last year. Three weeks of hell and came out of hospital 3 stone lighter and a weak dithering mess. I'm ok now - but not fully recovered - especially mentaly. The mental health aspects are worse than the physical long term. My family are right when they point out that yes, tough time, very tough time, but I'm here! They still have me. Focus on that - you're here - many are not!
Cheers Dave. Yes, I remember you had it close to the beginning, and far worse than I did from what I remember.
I think the jabs meant that that I ended up on the low dependency ward, with just tubes up my nose when required, rather than masks or worse.
I know what you mean about taking time. I went shopping with minx on Saturday, but had to give up and find a bench before the end :/

Glad You are over the worse bits @LC2, bests to keep within your current capabilities till you feel 100% and thanks for all your work and comments with the 52.

Pete

Already looking forward to the next one. Nice feeling being back on track with it all. Determined to do the full 52 for the first time ever.

:banana: :clap: :banana: Here we are again!

c81f61543930c46cdd3bfc6115b1712b.jpg

@LC2 and @Oy - glad you are both over the worse and on the road to recovery. A lot of us have had health problems over the last year and it takes a long time to get back to 'normal'. I try just to concentrate on what I can do and ignore what I cannot do. And take pleasure from the small things. And decided when I came out of hospital last year to conserve my energy to do only the things that pleased me (like for the first time ever getting a cleaner in to do the housework). I still have carers coming in twice a day and they are a godsend.
Onwards and upwards for us all!

On to week 37

Just for you Joan, ( @Scots_quine )

This weeks theme is a Natural follow on from last weeks

Nice easy one.

Had to be dintit? :D

It's a belter :D

Back