The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't someone note his vehicle registration up there and check it ? I thought only the police and authorised parking companies can do that.

Actually what was said was :-

"He also provided the number plate of the car he saw Cummings drive away in. The email said: “I assume you are able to view CCTV to ascertain whether this vehicle travelled locally or from further away.”

Up to the Police to check, which I hope they do.

"He also provided the number plate of the car he saw Cummings drive away in. The email said: “I assume you are able to view CCTV to ascertain whether this vehicle travelled locally or from further away.”

Ok..I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Cummings has seriously p***ed off the ex-Chief Constable (and the current was his deputy) and probably the police everywhere who will now experienced increased “whataboutary” from miscreants so I think there will be some action from them.

Johnson: “he has acted responsibly, legally and with integrity, and with the overriding aim of stopping the spread of the virus and saving lives.” (My emphasis)

Presumably he was stopping the spread in London by carrying to the North, good plan :(.

View: https://BANNED/RespectIsVital/status/1264330205646204930

Well, DC’s wife’s birthday is certainly listed as April 12, the day he was reported as being seen in Barnard Castle. I don’t live far away and it’s a lovely place to take your wife on her birthday. :p Now can anyone can confirm when DC’s mothers birthday is, does it fit the plot ?

Last edited:

Yes, the ex-Chief Constable made the point that Cummings left as London hit its peak and arrived just when it was getting going in Durham. As he said, that doesn’t mean that Cummings was responsible but you can’t exclude the possibility that he was ”responsible” for some deaths and that if it had been him (the ex-CC) it would trouble his conscience, (or words to that effect).

Well, DC’s wife’s birthday is certainly listed as April 12, the day he was reported as being seen in Barnard Castle. I don’t live far away and it’s a lovely place to take your wife on her birthday. :p Now can anyone can confirm when DC’s mothers birthday is, does it fit the plot ?
It’s already been posted that it was his mother’s retirement day not birthday.

No what he's relying on is the inability to conclusively prove it. They better just hope that there is no evidence of travel or any photo's in the bluebell woods with DC and his family in them.
View: https://BANNED/SmallRedOne/status/1264594452015964167

[In reality, only if the virus isolate had been sequenced rather than just tested, and it had a pattern of mutations distinctive enough to associate an outbreak with an individual, and you had legal permission to look at de-anonymised data in this way]

Yes, the ex-Chief Constable made the point that Cummings left as London hit its peak and arrived just when it was getting going in Durham. As he said, that doesn’t mean that Cummings was responsible but you can’t exclude the possibility that he was ”responsible” for some deaths and that if it had been him (the ex-CC) it would trouble his conscience, (or words to that effect).

It's Mike Barton,Richard. He's just come on to Five Live .. 2151

The Daily Heil says Cummings must go :) according to Sky News TV. I think he’ll be going, going gone. Funny thing is Cummings is not a Tory and not even a brexiteers I think, he just sees it as a means to the end of changing the system.

JohnC6 said:
My question is always..how can intelligent people..and they are very intelligent people...make the decisions they do ?

Intelligence and common sense don't often go hand in hand.....

Bob..I like to listen to the Five-Live phone so I just quickly acknowledged your answer and went back to it but by responding by saying that intelligence and common sense don't often go hand in hand is only re-iterating what I was querying rather than put forward an answer. For me the simile is when I question why some animal exhibits particular behaviour and get the answer ..'Well, that's Nature" Yes..I know. My question is why does that behaviour take place ? What is the motivation ? Infact, when I ask that now I say.."I know it's Nature but".....:)

So..I've just Googled the question and here's a couple explanations.

I notice both lead with..'Smart people think in situations where they should feel'. Another seems apt in this scenario with Cummings. " Smart people are better at arguing their own views but they're not necessarily better at understanding where others are coming from'

The way I apply that to Cummings is that he is articulating why he thinks it was ok to go to Durham but fails to appreciate how others would view it, especially considering his position at the centre of instigating the rules re COVID-19 .

https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2012/07/why-do-some-smart-people-lack-common-sense/

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-do-some-smart-people-lack-common-sense-2012-7?r=US&IR=T

Last edited:
JohnC6 said:
My question is always..how can intelligent people..and they are very intelligent people...make the decisions they do ?

Bob..I like to listen to the Five-Live phone so I just quickly acknowledged your answer and went back to it but by responding by saying that intelligence and common sense don't often go hand in hand is only re-iterating what I was querying rather than put forward an answer. For me the simile is when I question why some animal exhibits particular behaviour and get the answer ..'Well, that's Nature" Yes..I know. My question is why does that behaviour take place ? What is the motivation ? Infact, when I ask that now I say.."I know it's Nature but".....:)

So..I've just Googled the question and here's a couple explanations.

I notice both lead with..'Smart people think in situations where they should feel'. Another seems apt in this scenario with Cummings. " Smart people are better at arguing their own views but they're not necessarily better at understanding where others are coming from'

The way I apply that to Cummings is that he is articulating why he thinks it was ok to go to Durham but fails to appreciate how others would view it, especially considering his position at the centre of instigating the rules re COVID-19 .

https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2012/07/why-do-some-smart-people-lack-common-sense/

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-do-some-smart-people-lack-common-sense-2012-7?r=US&IR=T
Sorry if my answer didn't really answer your question.
I thought it was a rhetorical question.
Next time I'll post a Google link.
:LOL:

Any shred of leadership Boris had left has just crumbled away, all the guidelines have just been torn up, Who is actually running this country?

I'm really surprised you don't know - it is the party that won a landslide victory at the last general election just six months ago - thanfully!

If it had been left to the shambles of a party called 'Labour' we could have had the most indecisive leader ever; a man that would spend billions on a nuclear arsenal then be unable to decide whether to use it or not.
A man that condoned anti-semitism within his own party and had stronger allegiencies to terrorist who hated this Country rather than the people who live here........or a man who couldn't decide about Brexit, draw up a policy, remain nuetral and not vote, put the new policy to the public and argue against it!

Hang on, who thought of the labour Brexit Policy at the last election? ............was it not Kier Starmer? The man who led to the CPS being a shambles whilst he was at the helm, the man who let Britains most famous paedophile 'off the hook' or the man who promotes someone to his shadow cabinet who tweeted that in the 'need for racial harmony' it would be better for teenage white girls to keep their mouths shut rather than give evidence against Bradford rape gangs.

Not the most inspiring of political judgements by either.

This is just me expressing my opinion and my democratic right to be thankfull for the Government we have.

No, that's just people expressing opinions and their democratic right to criticise the government. You just think it drags the thread down because it's not what you want to hear.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised you don't know - it is the party that won a landslide victory at the last general election just six months ago - thanfully!

If it had been left to the shambles of a party called 'Labour' we could have had the most indecisive leader ever; a man that would spend billions on a nuclear arsenal then be unable to decide whether to use it or not.
A man that condoned anti-semitism within his own party and had stronger allegiencies to terrorist who hated this Country rather than the people who live here........or a man who couldn't decide about Brexit, draw up a policy, remain nuetral and not vote, put the new policy to the public and argue against it!

Hang on, who thought of the labour Brexit Policy at the last election? ............was it not Kier Starmer? The man who led to the CPS being a shambles whilst he was at the helm, the man who let Britains most famous paedophile 'off the hook' or the man who promotes someone to his shadow cabinet who tweeted that in the 'need for racial harmony' it would be better for teenage white girls to keep their mouths shut rather than give evidence against Bradford rape gangs.

This is just me expressing my opinion and my democratic right to be thankfull for the Government we have.
Just because labour are/were a shambles doesn't make the Tories any better.

Just because labour are/were a shambles doesn't make the Tories any better.

It doesn't but, again in my opinion they have done very little wrong and I think they have been superb through this crisis. Nobody is perfect but the economical and financial packages they have offered are unbelievable.

I also think they 'locked down' just at the right time and the petty crap being discussed in the media is because there is so little to criticise.

DC is an advisor, not a politician or medical advisor, I for certain couldn't care less what he does.

Like I said earlier but nobody bothered to answer - should all health care workers who smoke loose their jobs?

It doesn't but, again in my opinion they have done very little wrong and I think they have been superb through this crisis.
So you're happy with how they managed the coronavirus in care homes?
And how Boris is handling the Cummings debacle?
You must have very low standards if you think they are doing a superb job.

Last edited:
Is smoking against the guidelines? Does their smoking put others health at risk?

Yes & yes!

Smoking is incredibly bad for your health and the medical advice is to stop.

Smokers drain the resources of the health system so anyone that smokes is a drain on the resources of the NHS.

So you're happy with how they managed the coronavirus in care homes?
And how Boris is handling the Cummings debacle?
You must have very low standards if you think they are doing a superb job.

I'll refrain from the personal insults about 'personal standards' and make a reply.

Re care homes - most are privately run and charge an extortinate fee - they have managers who are responsible for their running and it is these persons at fault - why blame the government?

People dying in care homes is not news; sad though it is they are really 'end of life' homes.

The 'Cummings debacle' - no debacle just an irrelevant storm in a tea cup - I have already said it is of no concern to me and is only upsetting a handful of members here who have continually mentioned the same thing page after page. I completely agree with @Marc ; everybody has a right to a viewpoint and to post it but to post numerous times about the same thing is.........................well I think you know.

likewise with the NHS - the frontline staff aren't the problem it is all the managers and admin in the trusts that have failed in their role. the government only provide the funding.

This was highlighted by the senior Army Officer who couldn't actually beleive how poor the logistics were in the NHS.

It all depends which side of the Political fence you sit on, but like I quoted earlier 85% of conservative voters feel the Government is doing a good or excellent job in managing this pandemic and 14% of labour voters thought they were as well.

Last edited:
It doesn't but, again in my opinion they have done very little wrong and I think they have been superb through this crisis. Nobody is perfect but the economical and financial packages they have offered are unbelievable. I also think they 'locked down' just at the right time and the petty crap being discussed in the media is because there is so little to criticise.

I know you keep mentioning 'track and trace' but in Countries like South Korea the Government have access to all of your phone data and other private material all of the time and the companies have to be able to provide this data within 24hrs.

The public in this country moan about putting an App on their phone which their conspiracy theories deduce the Government will use against them so it's pointless even considering it.

Same as an early lockdown - even with deaths over 600/day people don't take any notice, whay would they when deaths were running at less than 100/day? Again we have no way of enforcing it - bring in a law (we have all seen the problems and loopholes in rapidly constructed laws) but our Police can't enforce it anyway!

Evidence of this is how the British public love to watch three Spanish police approach a man from behind, kick his legs away from him for no reason and arrest him for breaching the lockdown, yet a UK cop on his own faced with two 'awkward' individuales is chastised for shouting at them. Look at a Gendarme or CRS Officer the wrong way and he will take your head off with no justification needed

Comparing us to other countries is purely futile; yes listen to what they have done but doesn't mean it would work in the UK.

The SNP who are very anti Government have been in 'virtual lockstep' with the Government throughout this pandemic up until a week ago; that is excellent evidence that both were following scientific advice IMO.

Last edited:
I'll refrain from the personal insults about 'personal standards' and make a reply.

Re care homes - most are privately run and charge an extortinate fee - they have managers who are responsible for their running and it is these persons at fault - why blame the government?

People dying in care homes is not news; sad though it is they are really 'end of life' homes.

The 'Cummings debacle' - no debacle just an irrelevant storm in a tea cup - I have already said it is of no concern to me and is only upsetting a handful of members here who have continually mentioned the same thing page after page. I completely agree with @Marc ; everybody has a right to a viewpoint and to post it but to post numerous times about the same thing is.........................well I think you know.

likewise with the NHS - the frontline staff aren't the problem it is all the managers and admin in the trusts that have failed in their role. the government only provide the funding.

This was highlighted by the senior Army Officer who couldn't actually beleive how poor the logistics were in the NHS.

It all depends which side of the Political fence you sit on, but like I quoted earlier 85% of conservative voters feel the Government is doing a good or excellent job in managing this pandemic and 14% of labour voters thought they were as well.
Yeah,
Ok, they've done a fantastic job.
Well done......

My personal view is that the tyrant Cummings must go. He was one of the masterminds of this dreadful lockdown and yet it somehow doesn't apply to the elite like himself. He was more equal than us the plebs. I truly hope a very good example is made of bloody hypocrites like hime or that Dr Evil Ferguson who must have fun with married women and create unreproducible models while breaking his own rules for us, but not himself...
Well and there is Boris. I never liked him and don't have much trust. It takes a horror story and 5 months until he even starts talking about getting rid of chicom huawei infrastructure 3 years later. What a waste of time, space and oxygen. Larbour and conserves are all the same and just looking for personal effects first and foremost. May was a disaster, Cameron was a disaster, Brown was a total disaster, and ironically Blair was somewhat slightly less of a disaster than the former lot. Farage might be better, or perhaps he was just a single issue politician that wanted to sound reasonable all-round. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, and you know what it should be split up and distributed widely in a million of tiny pieces.

When you're such an awful Tory PM not even the daily mail has your back.

View attachment 280285

..........and at no time did the NHS reach critical care capacity.

Well that's just a bare faced lie.

It went over NHS critical care capacity, then to make more it cancelled (excluding urgent cancer related surgeries) all normal flow of preplanned surgeries, it closed all outpatient capacity, diagnostics, community care, etc etc AND rerouted some treatments to less effective ones.

JohnC6 said:

This:agree:.

Questions I would have liked Boris to have been asked during yesterday's briefing are

"Have you asked Dominic Cummings if he visited Barnard Castle in April?". I know Ian Watson tried this in a slightly differently but I would have liked the direct question to have been asked. Along with the actions of Dominic Cummings being of interest, the actions of the PM are also of interest.

and

"Which of the allegations about Dominic Cummings action do you believe are palpably false?" Just saying 'palpably false' sounds a lot like Trump's responses to questions he doesn't like.

Unfortunately I don't think those questions will be asked or answered unless a number of ministers resign, and I can't see that happening. If Dominic Cummings is so vitally important in government then why isn't he the PM or is Boris Johnson's arrogance so great that he thinks he can do anything he wants?

I hope this and some of the the actions taken by the government are remembered at the next election.

Dave

I know you keep mentioning 'track and trace' but in Countries like South Korea the Government have access to all of your phone data and other private material all of the time and the companies have to be able to provide this data within 24hrs.

The public in this country moan about putting an App on their phone which their conspiracy theories deduce the Government will use against them so it's pointless even considering it.

Same as an early lockdown - even with deaths over 600/day people don't take any notice, whay would they when deaths were running at less than 100/day? Again we have no way of enforcing it - bring in a law (we have all seen the problems and loopholes in rapidly constructed laws) but our Police can't enforce it anyway!

Evidence of this is how the British public love to watch three Spanish police approach a man from behind, kick his legs away from him for no reason and arrest him for breaching the lockdown, yet a UK cop on his own faced with two 'awkward' individuales is chastised for shouting at them. Look at a Gendarme or CRS Officer the wrong way and he will take your head off with no justification needed

Comparing us to other countries is purely futile; yes listen to what they have done but doesn't mean it would work in the UK.

The SNP who are very anti Government have been in 'virtual lockstep' with the Government throughout this pandemic up until a week ago; that is excellent evidence that both were following scientific advice IMO.

The main difference with South Korea is they started testing tracking and tracing when there was only 27 cases.

Meanwhile, as we reach 60000 deaths more than the 5 year average. You think our government have acted perfectly.

I wonder what they'd have to do for you to admit they'd got anything wrong..

Just came back to this thread and it was all a bit of a mish-mash...until I foolishly unblocked the reincarnated one. If Boris Johnson was p***ing on him , no doubt he would say " well he needs somewhere to go".
Back on blocked.

I’m no fan of Corbyn but I think a govt led by him would have made a better job of handling the pandemic than this one. For one thing, they could not have done worse :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back