weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2017 - Weeks 43 & 44 Added

Hi Nigel,
Structure - I think you're the second person this year using Kew as a location. As it's on my doorstep, I really ought to get down there and see what's about.
it's a very odd structure, I do think the B&W works for it.

Routine - Nicely captured shot, I like the sharpness of the body contrasting with the motion blur in the wings, and the colours are good too. Truly a shoe-horn, not even sure that @Cobra would have gone that far ;)

I like the structure in B&W, the bottom right gets a little busy though so maybe concentrate on the outer edge when framing.

Was the wing blur intentional, it adds that little extra to a great shot.

(y)

Structure is a nice bee hive shot, like it but don`t think the white bg gives it justice. Routine I do like, good clear sharpish eye and great wing blur gives the shot nice movement while it is on the nice red plant (y)

Hi Dave, to be honest is wasn't a great day to take the shot, play with the W/B made it a better shot than what its was (grey on Grey). :) Thanks for your nice comment on the butterfly.

Whats the bee hive thing? Not seen that...

Second one, the BF is OOF.... ;)

It's a large metal structure that explains how bee communicate :) and you can sod off about the BF.... :).

Oooo liking that structure image Nigel, a very interesting structure indeed :)

Thanks Dean, tried to get a different perspective of as I've seen a lot taken from underneath.

Yes that is an interesting structure, I've not seen it, but know what it is. This shows detail like I've not seen before. (y)

Shoehorn required to Routine :) ... but nice result.

Thanks David, tried to get a different type of shot to all the others I had seen and maybe a little show horn required :)

Hi Nigel,
Structure - I think you're the second person this year using Kew as a location. As it's on my doorstep, I really ought to get down there and see what's about.
it's a very odd structure, I do think the B&W works for it.

Routine - Nicely captured shot, I like the sharpness of the body contrasting with the motion blur in the wings, and the colours are good too. Truly a shoe-horn, not even sure that @Cobra would have gone that far ;)

Thanks Tim, I get there a few times a year and always find plenty to shoot :) so can recommend it. routine maybe a little stretch but sure @Cobra he appropriated the effort :)

i like the butterfly shot - great colours and the motion blur works well. Very nicely shoehorned too (y) :D

Thanks Emma

I like the structure in B&W, the bottom right gets a little busy though so maybe concentrate on the outer edge when framing.

Was the wing blur intentional, it adds that little extra to a great shot.

(y)

yeah it does but the structure itself is very busy and wanted to capture that., the wing blur was a lucky shot as it was hand held :).

Ah, that'll be a work thing then....
Quite like that, but the theme was Numbers - plural - youve only got one in shot..... ;) ;)

I like numbers. Very abstract, very good DoF and B&W conversion works well.

Very attractive image, nice pose and very complimenting colours in the corridor.

Nice !!! - Good curves all around Nigel, liking the colours too, splendid image (y)

Thanks Dean.

Very attractive image, nice pose and very complimenting colours in the corridor.

Thanks, was pleased how this came out.

Attractive, definitely, the curved background and the colours finish it off well.

Thanks Clive.

Attractive, a lovely shot of the model and like how she is looking down :)

Thanks David.

I liove the way the pink of the dress mirrors the background colour - that's a great location. Unusual pose, but I think it works well (y)

Thanks Emma, had to wait a while for the panels to change to the right colour :).

Very attractive indeed, great colours, great pose!

The curved wall looks familiar, was that shot in the underpass at King's Cross station?

Another one liking attractive ... for all the reasons above. (y)

Very attractive indeed, great colours, great pose!

The curved wall looks familiar, was that shot in the underpass at King's Cross station?

Yup correct it is the King cross underpass :).

Lovely shot for attractive - did you have to wait awhile for an empty corridor as well?

Thanks Steve, didn't have to wait to long as we shot on a Sunday :).

Another one liking attractive ... for all the reasons above. (y)

Thanks David

I commented on this on Flickr, but I think its nearly perfect......

And the fritillary only flowers on Leonies birthday BTW..........

That's a very lovely flower shot ... nice dof and framing. (y)

Pedal Power (nice idea :)) ... wacky machine, captured in what's probably the perfect pov. (y)

Great find for pedal power, what an unusual contraption! Great PoV.

Hi Nigel.
Attractive - Pretty much Nailed It. Great model, location and pose. Lighting worked really well. :clap:
Dark - Quite a shoe-horn really, more shadow than dark, but hey, it's a shot :)
Power - Well, that's an interesting concept for a bike. Not sure it'll get round any corners, and least not in a conventional way.
Did you consider having more dead space below and to the right, effectively giving it somewhere to move into?
Loving the detail you've captured.

Oh, by the way...
Wright - Derived from an Old English word 'wryhta' or 'wyrhta', meaning worker or shaper of wood.
;)

Dark, well it is a bit dark on the RHS of the flower :)
Power, I like this one a lot, as you`d need some power in your legs to get that going :)

Thanks David.

That's a very lovely flower shot ... nice dof and framing. (y)

Pedal Power (nice idea :)) ... wacky machine, captured in what's probably the perfect pov. (y)

Thanks David, Was pleased with how this came out.

Wow !!! - Two very interesting subjects, love the look of that flower, it looks a tiny little thing, was it there on it's own ??

As for the bike, that is well cool and very well photographed, uncluttered industrial background suits it very well :)

Hi Dean, this flower was on it's own normally find them in clusters thou in woodlands. I like the bike shot too, thanks for the comments :).

Great find for pedal power, what an unusual contraption! Great PoV.

Thanks Bernd

That's such a pretty flower and nice separation from a busy background, though maybe it's just slightly soft? Perhaps a touch of movement int he breeze?
I love your power shot - great pov :clap:

Thanks Emma, it's odd looks fine on my screen and fine on flickr unless to try to enlarge it so should be sharp :thinking:

Hi Nigel.
Attractive - Pretty much Nailed It. Great model, location and pose. Lighting worked really well. :clap:
Dark - Quite a shoe-horn really, more shadow than dark, but hey, it's a shot :)
Power - Well, that's an interesting concept for a bike. Not sure it'll get round any corners, and least not in a conventional way.
Did you consider having more dead space below and to the right, effectively giving it somewhere to move into?
Loving the detail you've captured.

Oh, by the way...
Wright - Derived from an Old English word 'wryhta' or 'wyrhta', meaning worker or shaper of wood.
;)

Thanks for your comments Tim, thought about the space in front but didnt have much to play with also figured that it only really needed it if someone has been on it and it was moving. :)

Back