Toothie's 52 - All the way to the end

Says it all....

Ruth - I'm late :( Sorry!

This is an original and clever piece of work - very impressive and really well put together :clap::clap::clap:

The shots and the story just work :)

Nice one!

Never mind John being late I'm very late, very very sorry. Really like it, can't add much more... sorry again:)

Catch up time again...

Grunge - well it's certainly grungy and I like the composition you have used. I think what you say about "there is only so interesting you can make grunge" has hit the nail on the head tbh. You have done as well as you could with the subject - but the subject itself isn't doing a lot for me.

Respect / Friendship - Great way to combine two themes! Composition is good in all of them and the way you have put it together is also very polished. (y)

Thanks all :D

I know i am a week behind i have some ideas i just need to carry them out, which hopefully i will get round to at the weekend :D

Catch up for me also Ruthie
Thats a great "friendship" theme (y)

every year the majority of us set resolutions for a fresh start to improve our lives.
These weren't the ones i set last January 1st, but they are the things I am trying to work on.

thanks for looking

:cautious: fish tank? :cautious:

like it (y)

Brilliant take on the theme, Ruth. When better to have a Fresh Start than on 1 January. :cool:

I couldn't help noticing though, that your entry looks like it's at the end of 2009, rther than the start of 2010. Is this significant? :LOL:

Jean

Thanks Andrew :)

Jean your not ment to notice that :p
It was a blank page in the diary no other significance ;)

Great take on the theme Ruth... So how often are you cleaning the fish tank ? Mine really ought to have been done over the weekend... if not before then...

Looks like the kind of notes i should be making....don't have a fishtank though:thinking: Good take on the theme and well taken ;)

Great interpretation . . . I'm surprised nobody else thought of that one!
Nicely executed, but I'm not completely convinced about the dof.
Part of me think it works well to draw your eyes to the words, but the other part of me would like to see "new year's day" in focus.

:LOL: And I can sit here feeling all smug. I gave all 3 of my fish tanks a clean at the weekend :razz:

Well this theme is one of my least faves to date :(
The photo isn't great but best i could do.

My passion is for photography (i know it is for all of us on here) and this is how i am representing it. Just recently I have printed out some photos for my wall. which i was inspired to do after seeing the photo wall thread :D

So here it is:

It works well Ruth, fits the theme. Looks like a good wall too (y)

There's something very pleasing to the eye about this photo and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's like the photos are floating in mid air! Really like this (y)

Fresh Start.... fish tank...made me laugh.. thank you.

Passion, make no apologies it's a great shot of some great pictures!

Hehe..that fish tank quote made me laugh too in your Fresh Start update.
Nice work on this weeks theme. I am always interested to see that sort of thing. Eg peoples works spaces at work, photo walls etc.
PS You have got some really nice photos on your photo wall. Especially like the Balloon, paw and landscape shots.

So sorry Ruth . . . I totally missed this shot last week.

Absolutely great idea from you yet again! In fact I'm surprised that we didn't get more photography related shots this week.

Normally, I'm not a fan of photos of photos, but there's a lot to like there.
So much to look at . . . you have some really fantastic shots!

I love the snowflake and silhouette of the man at sunset.
I'm also intrigued by the "rainbow" at the bottom . . . what is that?

Well i wanted something abstract this week. So I got to playing around with the shower head and here is the result.

I am a little disapointed with the shadows but without 2 flashes i was a bit stuck as to how reduce them. all ideas well come :D

Thanks for looking :D

Really like that - well thought out, and executed. :clap:

Ok I thought I was really gonna struggle with this theme. Then I went for my daily walk and stumbled across this.

With out the context of the start line (which i couldn't find) it really wasn't much use.

Now that might all seem really simple but i saw it on my walk, no camera so i went back to get the camera then went back to the park. Got there lined up the shot pressed the shutter, nothing happened. Oh bugger I forgot to put the CF card back in :(
So as I really couldn't face going home again to get a card I took the pic with my mobile phone so tbh I'm not 100% pleased with it.

Last edited:
Sorry Ruth - I missed last week's shot somehow. :bonk:

Passion: Lovely vibrant colours and what better take could you have on this theme! There's something about the perspective that's bothering me a tad. Were you standing slightly at an angle to the wall? Anyway, not a major distraction - I'm just curious. Some gorgeous pics on your wall, too. (y)

Water: I like the colours and the abstractness (???) of it. I couldn't work out what it was until I read your words - but I guess that's a good characteristic of an abstract. Nice. :)

Out of context: Well done. I don't usually look at anybody else's shots until I've at least decided what to do, but I'm already way behind on your thread and with going on holiday next week (yipeeeeeeee :D:D) I didn't want to leave it.

Well spotted and a good interpretation of the theme. I think lots of us are going to struggle with ideas for this, so getting it sorted, even with a phone camera, is good imo. (y)

Jean

Thanks Jean
Passion was taken at an angle to reduce the reflections.

Im on holiday as well next week hope your somewhere nice :)

Water is a really abstract take on the theme I like it.
Out of Context, a clever idea and well done on getting it, I have not got one idea for this yet.

Water is excellent, the shadows don't detract for me. Out of context... Great find Ruth, and very clear.

Oh god, why am I always so behind with your thread?! I promise it's not intentional :bonk:

Fresh Start - a nice simple idea and I thing the B&W treatment definately suits it.

Passion - I really like this. It's great to see shots printed and displayed - you've made me realise that I hardly ever print mine. Theres so much to keep you interested in this shot and it shows the different sides to your passion as well with all the different types of shot (y)

Water - I like the abstract nature but the shadows are spoiling it for me I'm afraid. I have no clever suggestions on how to get rid of them though - apart from anothe flash as you say.

Out of Context - I think you've done well with this horrible theme. I'm not jumping up and down about it but a good effort ;)

Hi catch up time for me...

Fresh Start...a very simple be clever idea...great composition...:clap:

Passion...Again lovely idea and a well layed out wall if I may say so, with some great shots there...:clap:

Water...That's a beautiful shot, and great colour back ground...brilliant...:clap:

Out of Context...Well spotted and fitting the theme very well...(y)

Ooooops . . . sorry.
I seem to be a week behind with your thread again :bonk:

Water : Lovely, simple, abstract.
The shadows actually add something to it IMO and the blue background sets it off really well.
Nothing at all to be disappointed with in that one.

Out of Context : Lucky find and your story about how you got the shot made me smile (sorry)
For a mobile phone photo that is VERY impressive.
Intriguing as well. 400m from where or for what ??????

Thanks Sarah
The "rainbow" is the projection from my philips living colour light :D

I really liked that shot. Any chance of posting it up for a closer look?

Passion - it really does look like the photos are floating in the air,and a great set of pictures they are too. Definitely says Passion to me. (y)

Water - Really like the idea behind this and I love abstracts but the top LH corner seems a bit emptyto me, sorry :(

Out of Context - Can't see anything to complain about with this shot, phone camera or no phone camera. It's well processed and definitely out of context :clap::clap:

Hope you enjoy your holiday too

water - love the abstract of this. very well captured :clap:

Out of context - an excellently taken shot with a phone, but I'm afraid i'm struggling with being on theme , but who cares. ;)

Ruth Ruth Ruth - soooo late :)

Fresh Start: I toyed with this idea but your execution is way better than my ideas :)

Passion: So well done :) and the two hands at the top left also speak of passion :) great collage!

Water: Delicate minimalist shot - really nice that one :)

Out of Context: Hehe I like the foot prints - I guess without the explanation its tricky to appreciated but well spotted and shot anyway :)

Back