Toothie's 52 - All the way to the end

Thanks for all the comments guys

Bubbles is taken but i have left the memory card at Martyns so will post asap :)

Well i liked the idea of this theme something to get creative with :)
This was taken in the right week but as i was away i was unable to edit and post it. There has been a big delay with posting and getting this weeks photo because i have been really unwell with a facial abscess :(

So here it is

I took loads of images but this is the one the really liked (i did have a bubble bouncing on the water but it's OOF :bang: ).

The pool water is slight desaturated to help the bubble stand out so i ventured into photoshop for a few mins :thinking:

Last edited:
Ruth sorry to hear you've been unwell :( Hope you're on the mend now :)

What a lovely shot - so much movement in that and you've caught the bubble perfectly!

Beautiful job you've done there :) :clap:

Sorry to hear you were unwell, and taking any photo's is a challenge at the best of times...:(

But you really pulled a fantastic shot out of the bag with this one...:clap::clap::clap:

It's so lovely and sharp, and photographing it over water was a superb idea...it's another brilliant shot to add to your 52 collection...(y)

Hope you're feeling better now Ruth :hug:

I love this picture - not only is it spot on theme but the textures are great, love the colours and the composition is spot on. It has an almost surreal appearance :clap::clap::clap:

Yet another one to be proud of (y)

Sorry to hear you've been ill Ruth, I hope you're all better now. Very well done on bubbles... not an easy task for a flying bubble and you've done it nicely. Nice job on the PP too.

Well I'm like 2 weeks late with this but better later than never.

So here it is my take on low down.

This is the first time i have used live view seriously and i have to say I'm impressed :)

Please ignore the leg hair am waiting to get them waxed ;)

Ya you got your shot in, and that's what matters...:clap:

and not a bad effort either, very colourful and a nice bit of dof...

overall not bad at all, well done...(y)

Nice one Ruth... could have done with those legs in my shoes shot for low down ... ;) As for the hair... I hadn't noticed (in fact still not sure I could)... but what about the clone tool :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Before we get onto the shot, I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE those socks!!!!!! Brilliant :clap:

(y) Like the image. Nice bright colours . . . and not a leg hair in sight (well not at this resolution anyway ;) )

Well done on getting to grips with Live View. I've been wanting to have a play with it, but every time I get the instruction booklet out it starts to look a bit too technical and complicated for my poor brain.

I want a pair too !! :):):) Good take in all, only niggle is a deeper DoF :clap:

Love the sock! I like the way the background colours tone in but are sufficiently muted to let the socks stand out. I would like to see just a bit more DOF so that the left foot toes were in focus, but overall it is a good shot - well spotted!

Thanks for the input guys am glad you like

As for the depth of field i agree to some extend but i got fed up trying tbh i can focus and be in the pic at the same time :(

Oh Ruthie I love your low down :) Nicely done and the slightly lower right sock just makes the comp that much more interesting (and I see no hair lol)

Ok i have to say i hate this theme :(

I really haven't been able to think of anything and because i couldn't i have struggled to take any other pictures. In fact i can't wait for this challenge to be over, it easy when you have an idea for a theme but if you don't, i find it cramps my creativity in all ways :(

So anyway here it is Doom at the thought of having to run up the stairs in the gloom.

Taken on my walk this morning with my mobile phone - oh well at least its done and i can move on to communication.

Last edited:
Exactly, it's done :clap: some themes really do know the creativity out of me too. Take 1 look at my doom and gloom photo, I could have lent you the crow bar but I think I bent it after the amount of effort it took to force mine in :LOL:

Exactly, it's done :clap: some themes really do know the creativity out of me too. Take 1 look at my doom and gloom photo, I could have lent you the crow bar but I think I bent it after the amount of effort it took to force mine in :LOL:

Glad im not the only one, thanks for the kind words :)

Oh my! Very clever! And I managed to translate it! (I are master googler :LOL:)

Really love you interpretation on communication (y)

Actually, update, I guessed the third letter, and what I googled doesn't match what I guessed! Anyway, I'm 90% sure I have it... :LOL:

Doom and Gloom, well done on getting something... that theme was horrible...

Communication, excellent and bang on theme. I can't work out what it says, although I think I've probably got the third letter.

Well i was hoping to have lost more than 50lbs for when this theme came up, but i have stuck to my original idea a self portrait.

lighting was 480ex bounced off the ceiling and a window with the curtains open at right angles to the camera. Not sure the lighting is 100% but its my first self portrait. Would love some feedback on this.

I have also learn't that i suck at B&W conversions so i used a preset for this. Am open to suggestions for this as well.

anyway here it is

thanks for looking.

R U T H

Sign language takes me back to a time when I worked with a deaf colleague.
I never really needed it to communicate, deaf peeps are skilled at making themselves understood to non signers.
Its 20 years ago, but I still remember a few signs, and the alphabet never leaves you..:)

R U T H

Sign language takes me back to a time when I worked with a deaf colleague.
I never really needed it to communicate, deaf peeps are skilled at making themselves understood to non signers.
Its 20 years ago, but I still remember a few signs, and the alphabet never leaves you..:)

your right its the only sign language i know, learn't it in nurse training :D

Oh my, Ruth, that's awesome. Not only is that an excellent photo, it's extremely brave! What I love most about this, is it really does depict real women, and real beauty. (y)

I spotted this in Bettys real beauty thread before you posted it here, so I was just waiting for it to appear!

Ruth, I commend you for putting yourself so bravely on display :clap:

Awesome! (y)(y)(y)

Oh my, Ruth, that's awesome. Not only is that an excellent photo, it's extremely brave! What I love most about this, is it really does depict real women, and real beauty. (y)

I spotted this in Bettys real beauty thread before you posted it here, so I was just waiting for it to appear!

Ruth, I commend you for putting yourself so bravely on display :clap:

Awesome! (y)(y)(y)

Awww thank you :D

Hi Ruth

Sorry I've neglected your thread lately.

Sounds like you really struggled to get motivated for Doom and Gloom so I'll skip it, Communication is a great idea and well presented love it
Self, I like it, I think it needs a bit more punch in the conversion though, which software package are you using?

Hi Ruth

Sorry I've neglected your thread lately.

Sounds like you really struggled to get motivated for Doom and Gloom so I'll skip it, Communication is a great idea and well presented love it
Self, I like it, I think it needs a bit more punch in the conversion though, which software package are you using?

Thanks Mark

am using lightroom - the conversion was a preset (i have loads) but any tips are useful i b&w conversions.

I don't know how lightroom works but in Elements I desaturate each colour channel separately and then adjust the lightness for each channel too.
After that tweak the levels and add a bit of contrast to add punch.
Then a quick usm to be sure.
Also for eyes I use Hacker's tutorial to make em pop!

Mark

Hi Ruth :) Your Doom & Gloom doesn't quite do it for me - theme wise or image wise (sorry :( - it was a bugger of a theme though :))

But your communication - bloody clever that :) and well shot and presented :)

...and Self - what a winning shot! Well taken, great eye contact and a superbly confident expression!

Well done young lady, top marks :)

Hi Ruth, well done on catching back up even if doom and gloom was a bit of a struggle for you!

Doom & Gloom : Glad that you finally got your inspiration for this. As a shot, it is what it is but I'm afraid that it's not really doing much for me :(
At least you got it out of the way though.

Communication : Very clever! I got the spelling straight away (y)
Nicely thought out and an interpretation that I would never have thought of.

Self : Already commented on the "real beauty thread". Incredibly brave shot!
Photographically, I think you could do with a touch more contrast in the conversion . . . but since this week was my first ever portrait (of any kind) I'm in no position to give advice :LOL:
Well done again on having the courage to put such a strong, confident image up.

this is a good portrait with a strong pose - however two things let it down to "bare" in mind for future shots - a touch of flash may have helped create catch-lights in the eyes and a tad more contrast in the processing may have helped too....

however...

for all that have been brave enough to put ourselves in the firing line this week I say "well done""!!....

Back