Toothie's 52 - All the way to the end

Lots of catching up for me to do, Ruth. :)

Doom and Gloom: I think this has been the most universally disliked theme of the Challenge, so you weren't alone in your dispair! This reminded me of one of Simon Talm's shots where you could 'see' the stairs going up OR down - and I can in this too. So it might be doom and gloom but it's also an optical illusion. Well done for getting it done and well done for providing me with a bit of mind bending for a wet Sunday. :)

Communication: Excellent interpretation of the theme. It took me a little while to work out what your message says :bonk: but it's really clever and I like the way you've presented the four letters, too. A definite (y)

Self: Congratulations on this superb shot. Yes, ok, catchlights in your eyes and a bit of a boost to the contrast would be good, but tbh, it's a fantastic self-portrait. I admire you for doing it and don't lose too much weight - you look great as you are. :clap::clap::clap:

Jean

Communication - I really liked this. An excellent and different interpretation of the theme, very well presented. (y)

Self - a cracking shot, and I admire your courage! I think I would like to see it processed just a little higher key perhaps, i.e. lighter exposure. But the pose is great and you look fantastic. Well done :clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap: Very brave, and very well done Ruth. Excellent pose, you look great, relaxed, happy (y)

thanks for all the kind words guys
next time a do a self portrait i will try and improve the lighting and the processing :)

Excellent shot of you, you are braver than me...guess most photographer like to be behind the lens...

It's a good pose, just a tad more contrast to bring it out a little but a good self portrait all the same...(y)

lovely shot & very brave. Well done :clap::clap:

This shot was taken on my new light box i had some trouble with the exposure but i think it worked out ok, why don't you give me your thoughts?

thanks for looking :)

Hi Ruth

Such a strong SP with a great pose and strong eye contact. Catchlights would have finished it off and if you gone either a little more high key or a bit more contrasty it would make great fantastic :clap::clap:

Organised - Spot on theme and such a hard theme it was too. Not sure about the lighting as the pill bottle appears to have a strong blue cast on my screen and there seems to be a little too much white space bottom left for my taste. Sorry :(

Great interpretation for organised. As Jill said a really hard theme and this is one of the most inspired takes on it.

I'm not sure that the lightbox treatment really suits the subject matter though (sorry!).
The translucent boxes have worked really well, but the backlighting's taken away a bit too much definition on the pills themselves for my taste.

I think the person who set this gate up was a little confused about the use of padlocks ;)

Thanks for looking :D

He He He, well spotted...(y)

Yes that a Confused person, but not as confusded when they need to find the right key...:D

Nice composed shot Ruth...:clap:

I like it...:clap::clap:

I think you may be right :LOL:.... Well spotted and taken Ruth... It looks like they haven't used that "gate" for some time though... probably can't find the right key ;)

Excellent shot Ruth. Well spotted :clap::clap::clap:

Composition is spot on and I love the detail you've captured. And you're one closer to catching up ;)

Self - wow, well done you, LOVE it, skin tones are smooth, lovely lighting and conversion!

Organised - culas! Oooh. I like this, maybe a little bright the background, but tis good :D

Confusion - made me giggle! Love it :LOL:

Hi Ruth

Catch up time

Organised, I can live with the colour cast, I like the shot, what Light box are you using?

Confusion, I really did laugh out loud. Well spotted!

Mark

Self - wow, well done you, LOVE it, skin tones are smooth, lovely lighting and conversion!

Organised - culas! Oooh. I like this, maybe a little bright the background, but tis good :D

Confusion - made me giggle! Love it :LOL:

thanks shorty :)

Hi Ruth

Catch up time

Organised, I can live with the colour cast, I like the shot, what Light box are you using?

Confusion, I really did laugh out loud. Well spotted!

Mark

thanks Mark

its a home made one by my other half it has the lights you but above bathroom mirrors in it with white perspex on top :)

Ok so i was a few weeks behind and the last theme has been posted tonight so as i had some time to kill today i though i would use my new lens and my new graphics tablet and do the last 4 :)
So here they are for your viewing pleasure (or not as the case may be ;))
In order of the theme weeks

MUSIC

This is Martyn and his new Ukulele - now he just needs to learn how to play it ;)

PAIN

The Pain of the Pinch :naughty:

HEALTH

The NHS, its there for us in sickness and in health and as a nurse who works for them i am passionate to keep it alive. This is a random sign not far from my house and i have no idea of the context.

TEXTURE

Guess what it is, go on you know you want to :)

Well thats all from me, thanks to everybody for the support over the year and congrats to all that made it to the end :clap: well done you.

Well done Ruth...:clap::clap::clap:

Big pat on the back for you...(y)

and what a great finish to your 52s... it's been a great watching your 52s get better and better each week...Excellent...:clap::clap::clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done Ruth. You've really got a 52 to be proud of.

I somehow missed confusion (sorry), But bang on theme and it really is confusing!

I love the processing on music and pain - I hope martin's getting on well with his ukulele.
Health - nice colours and composition.

But I'm completely intrigued by texture. My guess would be a furry cushion cover or something like that :thinking: ???

Coming in to the last at a rate of knots.....Well Done Ruth on completing
the 52 in fine fashion(y)

:clap: what a great way to finish out the year Ruth. Very nice with all of them.

Is that last some form of wire wool, maybe a brillo pad after Xmas lunch ?

Major catch up time :)

Before the end too

Organised - great idea and spot on theme, the lighbox idea is clever but has left the uppersides a little underexposed for me though! Good creative shot though!

Confused: What a great spot It really makes you wonder 'why?' :D I like that!

Music: A ukelele what a great insrument I'd love one :) Nicely lit close up Ruth!

Pain: Ouch - good idea, colours look really natural and its another good close up

Health: Well that kinds says it all! Not sure its one of your better or most creative shots but it couldn't be more on theme :)

Texture: Hmm Brillo pad? Nicely done and yet another on theme close up

Well done Ruth on completing them all! :D

I have one to go!

Here's to the next 52 :)

Ruth - Huge congratulations on getting to the end - and in such style, too!

Music: I like the lighting and the composition, and I hope Martyn's serenading you from the lampost outside (Sorry, couldn't resist - the George Formby song "Leaning on the Lampost at the corner of the street...") (y)

Pain: Well, that certainly does what it says on the tin. You couldn't be anymore on theme than that. Excellent detail. :clap:

Health: The NHS is much maligned, but we certainly wouldn't want to be without it - or the people who work so hard within it. Good shot, and a timely reminder of how fortunate we are in this country. :)

Texture: I've no idea at all, but there's lots of Texture, and some subtle but interesting colours. Tinsel? :shrug: Please put us out of our misery soon.

Have a great New Year and thank you for sharing a fantastic 52 with us. :hug:

Jean

It's Sunday now, so what is it then Ruth ??

Nice shots! I have no idea what texture is. Could be anything from a woolly jumper to a carpet! But I'm thinking it's something obvious that looks a lot different when you zoom out :LOL:

Well done on crossing the finishing line. You've produced some fine shots, and a couple of really brave ones (y)

I'm finally catching up on comments here -

Music - nice one! I like the harmonious (;)) colours and the way the stripes in the T-shirt echo the strings of the uke.

Pain - ouch! Well composed and lit - OUCH!

Health - nice colours.

Confusion - certainly fits the theme bang on! It reminds me of silk noils used in handspinning....?

Congratulations on finishing the year - some great shots in there :clap::clap::clap:

Fantastic end to your 52 Ruth

CONGRATULATIONS

You just keep getting better and better as your last set shows :clap::clap::clap:

Good luck with all you do in 2010 and thanks for your support throughout the year (y)

Back