weekly Trying again in 2014 - week 6 Mineral, and week 7 Sense

jut got back from Christmas and New year up in Scotland so a really obvious shot for the bonus week, i have to say i am very very rusty so am looking forward to some constructive crit, wanted to have a play with my 50mm for this one wide open

_MG_7508
by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Hi welcome back the sock pic its all been said so look forward to the rest of your pics

Good to see you again Liz...hope you and the pooches are all ok (y)

WB has been mentioned ,like the use of DOF :)

Don't forget to post your picture in the pic's only thread with a link to here or people may not see your thread (n)

Hi Liz that was a bit of a shock, a good idea not sure on the compositions though, are you sure about "not something I've ever done"
Good different take

Hi Liz that was a bit of a shock, a good idea not sure on the compositions though, are you sure about "not something I've ever done"
Good different take

Definitely never done :LOL::LOL:

Thanks for stopping by

Hi Liz....well there's something I never expected to see....quite dark in meaning !

of the 2 I think the 2nd one just edge's it , mainly because there's no dark line in the base as there is in the 1st & the card isn't clipped....not an easy one to compose though

Cracking start missus :clap:

Like the idea, but think that the lines themselves would be better to be in focus rather than the tenner / card.

BTW: are you happy about showing your card online?

Like the idea, but think that the lines themselves would be better to be in focus rather than the tenner / card.

BTW: are you happy about showing your card online?

Yes seen as it expired in 2006 and the account is now closed lol thanks for your comments

Last edited:
Nice well done.
I was going to go down the same route. Time for a rethink.

Hi Liz....well there's something I never expected to see....quite dark in meaning !

of the 2 I think the 2nd one just edge's it , mainly because there's no dark line in the base as there is in the 1st & the card isn't clipped....not an easy one to compose though

Cracking start missus :clap:

Thanks Lynne

Good effort unexpected take on the theme, but I am not so sure on the composition my self.
thanks was difficult to compose, as I wanted to do something a bit different

Nice well done.
I was going to go down the same route. Time for a rethink.
Thanks nothing to stop you doing your own take, look how many odd socks we saw ;):LOL::LOL:

This was my second thought when I saw the theme.

You have done this really well, everything is in focus and nicely balanced without the mirror overpowering any of it.

So you buy sugar with your bank card, then blow it about through a rolled up ten pound note whilst looking at your self in the mirror :confused:.........:whistle:

Edit:- don't tell mi, its salt :rolleyes: :LOL:

Good take, I like it (y)

second image for me, but maybe the 'line' could have been thinner :)

Last edited:
This was my second thought when I saw the theme.

You have done this really well, everything is in focus and nicely balanced without the mirror overpowering any of it.

Thanks very much

So you buy sugar with your bank card, then blow it about through a rolled up ten pound note whilst looking at your self in the mirror :confused:.........:whistle:

Edit:- don't tell mi, its salt :rolleyes: :LOL:

Good take, I like it (y)

second image for me, but maybe the 'line' could have been thinner :)

Thanks for stopping by

Think its wonderful take on the theme - first thing that popped into my head was i hope that's not a current bank card lol
brave image well done

Thanks, I have decided that the picture has to be taken on the weekend the theme comes out, andi wanted to do something different than landscapes and dogs

I like those a lot, nice alternative take on the theme.
Second one for me too I think, looks neater.
I'd have gone to the bank especially for a £50 if time was available :clap:

I like those a lot, nice alternative take on the theme.
Second one for me too I think, looks neater.
I'd have gone to the bank especially for a £50 if time was available :clap:

I wish I had £50 in the bank this early in the new year :LOL::LOL:
I had the same idea and you've done really well. I'd like to see it in colour.

Cheers.

Tried it in colour and didnt like it, may go back and have another go at it

Well that was unexepcted but nevertheless spot on theme.

Someone had to take the stock images used by the press I have no doubt this would work in that context.

Well that was unexepcted but nevertheless spot on theme.

Someone had to take the stock images used by the press I have no doubt this would work in that context.

Thanks,

I like picture 1 the most as with picture 2 nothing is entirely in focus so the eye is not sure what to settle on. In picture 1 both the ten pound note and most of the credit card are in focus as is part of the line. Not all of the line needs to be in focus because it's the same whereever you look at it. Very good interpretation.

Hi Liz :)

A good image for the theme, I like the lines in the first but the composition of the second, the B&W goes well with a seedy type subject (y)

I'd be tempted to blur the card number if it's a current card, you never know !!! <EDIT> See from further comments it's an old card :)

Last edited:
I like picture 1 the most as with picture 2 nothing is entirely in focus so the eye is not sure what to settle on. In picture 1 both the ten pound note and most of the credit card are in focus as is part of the line. Not all of the line needs to be in focus because it's the same whereever you look at it. Very good interpretation.

Thanks very much

Hi Liz :)

A good image for the theme, I like the lines in the first but the composition of the second, the B&W goes well with a seedy type subject (y)

I'd be tempted to blur the card number if it's a current card, you never know !!! <EDIT> See from further comments it's an old card :)

Thanks

No 2 for me..Prefer the lighter more balanced apperance of the background. Good work Liz and no one can ever accuse you of misinterpreting this weeks theme :)(y)
interesting how people are picking between, thanks for the comments

Back