weekly Tyredout2's 52 challenge 2012 #9 "Money"

Good start. This idea went through my head whilst on the beach yesterday (although apparently Sarah had the idea before me). I think I'd like to see the footprints closer together or some more. Maybe a lower view point would help with bringing depth as well.

Good start. This idea went through my head whilst on the beach yesterday (although apparently Sarah had the idea before me). I think I'd like to see the footprints closer together or some more. Maybe a lower view point would help with bringing depth as well.

Thanx Delta , alot of coments about more prints and different angle so far so i will be thinking more about the shot on the next one.

Welcome to the 52, I like your first offering, nice composition, sharp image. Keep it up (y)

Thanx Joe , handheld on a windy beach , i must be learning something at last lol.

Cheers

Steve

Week 2 "Fear"

Had to think quite hard on this one , came up with a few idea's and this is the first , if i can get another to work i may post that as well.

Handheld , f4.0 , 1/50 , 70mm , ISO400.

Quire a tight crop so as to not give away what might or might not have been happening out of shot , converted to B&W for hopefully a bit more effect.

Week 2 "Fear"

6658898935_fae9460f58.jpg

Cheers

Steve

I like the lighting and the B&W but it looks more like surprise than fear to me but they can be the same in some situations!

I like the lighting and the B&W but it looks more like surprise than fear to me but they can be the same in some situations!

I agree with the suprise look but only at first glance , take a longer look and the fear aspect seems to take over.. I think....

Cheers

Steve

I would agree with this. I do like the b+w conversion

Thanx micheal , i think the darkness under the eyes helps to make it look like someone who's had a rough time and has just realised that there's more coming.

Steve

Hi Steve....

great mono for the Fear image....spent a while looking & yup...I can see the fear...it's the same look I have when faced with spiders:LOL:

Nice work mister...keep on going...only 50 to go now (y)

ps....don't forget to update the spreadsheet...makes it far simpler to track who;s done what...link in 1st post where the themes are posted up...I've update wk's 1 & 2 for you :)

Nice, has fear all over it.

The only thing that niggles for me is the positioning of the eyes in the shot. For me I need them to be dead on centre if you get me but it may ruin what you have got and your vision of the picture.

I keep going between surprise and fear and can't decide!!

The processing is great and I like the framing it puts more emphasis on the eyes!!

Well done!

Hi Steve....

great mono for the Fear image....spent a while looking & yup...I can see the fear...it's the same look I have when faced with spiders:LOL:

Nice work mister...keep on going...only 50 to go now (y)

ps....don't forget to update the spreadsheet...makes it far simpler to track who;s done what...link in 1st post where the themes are posted up...I've update wk's 1 & 2 for you :)

Thanx blondie... i was begining to think i was the onlt one who could see it...

Only 50 left !! hhmmm thanx for that reminder , just what i needed lol.

Cheers

Steve

Nice, has fear all over it.

The only thing that niggles for me is the positioning of the eyes in the shot. For me I need them to be dead on centre if you get me but it may ruin what you have got and your vision of the picture.

Hi Dipa , i did try thato get the eyes in the centre but it would have meant showing more of the nose and it just did'nt look quite rigth.

Cheers

Steve

I keep going between surprise and fear and can't decide!!

The processing is great and I like the framing it puts more emphasis on the eyes!!

Well done!

Thanx Sarah , i think if you look at ther eyes and think fear it sort of takes over from suprise and becomes more fearfull.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, really like the colours and idea behind your week 1 shot, it's simple and very effective and certainly makes me think of direction. As others have said I would like to see more of a line of prints going into the distance and that sand smoothed but there only little niggles.

As for fear I see what others are saying about surprise but the two expressions are quite similar and I think it would work for either, I personally would like to see the whole eye ball so have them looking slighty higher or the eyes a little wider.

When I first saw the image it reminded me of The Blair Witch Project :)

The crop works really well in my opinion as does the mono conversion.

Very good start to your 52, keep up the good work :)

Hi Steve, really like the colours and idea behind your week 1 shot, it's simple and very effective and certainly makes me think of direction. As others have said I would like to see more of a line of prints going into the distance and that sand smoothed but there only little niggles.

As for fear I see what others are saying about surprise but the two expressions are quite similar and I think it would work for either, I personally would like to see the whole eye ball so have them looking slighty higher or the eyes a little wider.

When I first saw the image it reminded me of The Blair Witch Project :)

The crop works really well in my opinion as does the mono conversion.

Very good start to your 52, keep up the good work :)

Thanx Roly , week one was a bit of desperation so probably rushed it slightly but i did take all the comments on board.

As for week 2 there certainly is a fine line between surprise & fear but with the pp and b&w convo i think it leans more to fear especially with a longer look.

Cheers

Steve

Fear, I did a few of these for last year's 52 and thought, 'How hard can it be to portray XXX emotion!?', damn, it was very hard.

I'm not sure about the composition and as has been said, more suprised than fear.

Cheers.

I do like this shot, i see where people say they see surprise. But I do see fear in it aswell. Think the B&W suits this shot down to a tee, too. Great shot, look forward to seeing more.

On a side note, am I the only one just a bit curious as to what gave you this face?

Quire a tight crop so as to not give away what might or might not have been happening out of shot , converted to B&W for hopefully a bit more effect.

Fear, I did a few of these for last year's 52 and thought, 'How hard can it be to portray XXX emotion!?', damn, it was very hard.

I'm not sure about the composition and as has been said, more suprised than fear.

Cheers.

Thanx posiview , this is my first 52 so any of the challenges is going to make me think more than i normally would , but then thats the whole point..

Fear , suprise ... suprise , fear it's certainly divided opinions.

Cheers

Steve

I do like this shot, i see where people say they see surprise. But I do see fear in it aswell. Think the B&W suits this shot down to a tee, too. Great shot, look forward to seeing more.

On a side note, am I the only one just a bit curious as to what gave you this face?

Thanx Snipet. it's actually a shot of my daughter , just out of bed , no make up etc etc.... she wasn't pleased with the look at all.... but thats the fear of young un's , being seen with no make up !!! , and i did go over the top with the pp her skin really isn't that bad.

Cheers

Steve

Week 3 "Sigh"
6699906525_e7cfd3e97e_b.jpg

I was struggling with this one untill last night then i rememberd they were going to flatten the Campbells Tower in Kings Lynn today. It's been part of the skyline since the 50's so with a "sigh" of resignation another piece of history falls to the march of TESCO's world domination..

Nothing really technical about these just the view of history dissapearing.

Cheers

Steve

Looks like the Campbells Tower took its last sigh - a piece of history captured :clap:

tyredout2 said:
it's actually a shot of my daughter , just out of bed , no make up etc etc.... she wasn't pleased with the look at all.... but thats the fear of young un's , being seen with no make up !!!

I'd show fear if someone stuck a camera in my face first thing in the morning with no make-up on!!!

I see surprise too, but the B&W brings in the darker side of the face. I think more eye ball would have had more of a fear factor!

A great series of images for week three.

I'd show fear if someone stuck a camera in my face first thing in the morning with no make-up on!!!

I see surprise too, but the B&W brings in the darker side of the face. I think more eye ball would have had more of a fear factor!

A great series of images for week three.

She's the vain one of the two so getting a shot with no make up was a result on it's own....

Cheers

Steve

Great interpretation, difficult subject. Well done and quite a spectacle I would imagine to watch. ;)

Back