weekly Tyredout2's 52 challenge 2012 #9 "Money"

Nice bit of history captured. Well done Steve

Great interpretation, difficult subject. Well done and quite a spectacle I would imagine to watch. ;)

Thanx Ajophotog

It was very difficult this week , it was all over very quickly the ground vibration was the best bit as we were'nt expecting it....

Cheers

Steve

Great photo and you managed to catch some history.

or a sigh of relief from the worker that it fell the right way.

Thanx Manc , i assmed it was going to drop straight down so it was a bit of a result it fell towards me.

Cheers

Steve

Works for me. All these ideas that are things that make you sigh do need an explanation, but it's a very tough week!

Great photo Steve,

It does make us think that we are sometimes too keen to pull something down and bulldoze over our history.

Chris

Nicely captured, i think all photographs that try to convey emotion need explanation

even more of a sigh when I read that the girl who pushed the button lost her father there, so yes, sigh indeed (and I hate it when they get rid of history :( )

nice capture of a piece of history, think yours is better than the one that was in the sun today

I like the picture sequence on its own but a good take on the theme, think they could have been exposed a tad more thou (y)

Blimey... another thread caught late :)

Liking what you have done so far Steve

Wk1 is a real nice shot, I love the colour and the simplicity - on theme for sure

wk2 Hmmmm first glance is surprise to me - but after a while it does look like fear. I wouldn't bother doing it again though, it's your challenge, it's meant to be fun and you put the effort in and got a good shot out (y)

wk3 Like it - you say simple but it says a thousand words :)

Look forward to the rest of your 52

Great photo Steve,

It does make us think that we are sometimes too keen to pull something down and bulldoze over our history.

Chris

I suppose it's called progress , but as i get older i seem to want less of it....

Cheers

Steve

even more of a sigh when I read that the girl who pushed the button lost her father there, so yes, sigh indeed (and I hate it when they get rid of history :( )

Yeah i was listening to her on Radio 2 yesterday , she's got good reasons to see it gone others would like to have kept it. so there was a lot of history to it some good and some bad.

Cheers

Steve

nice capture of a piece of history, think yours is better than the one that was in the sun today

I haven't seen the sun as i was traveling all day , there seems to be a lot of interest in it in the press by all accounts.

I like the picture sequence on its own but a good take on the theme, think they could have been exposed a tad more thou (y)

I was expecting to be busy all week so didnt want to missgetting something posted so they are just about as they came out of the camera , i might have a play with then later.

Cheers

Steve

Blimey... another thread caught late :)

Liking what you have done so far Steve

Wk1 is a real nice shot, I love the colour and the simplicity - on theme for sure

wk2 Hmmmm first glance is surprise to me - but after a while it does look like fear. I wouldn't bother doing it again though, it's your challenge, it's meant to be fun and you put the effort in and got a good shot out (y)

wk3 Like it - you say simple but it says a thousand words :)

Look forward to the rest of your 52

Thanx DK , this is a first attempt at this sort of thing so I'm expecting some hit and miss results and hopefully learn something along the way.

Cheers

Steve

Hiya Steve,

Loving your sandy footprints. Wonderful in its simplicity, a really nice image. I may be inclined to clone the rough sand out in the bottom corners but that's being really really picky.

I quite like your fear too, but my first thought was that you should see those eyes through a letter box.

The relentles march of the evil Te$co empire is enough to make anyone sigh, but looking at the old building I'd guess most of the locals breathed a sigh of relief that it was going.

A fitting take on the theme of sigh Steve, as someone said above, Tesco marches on relentlessly and seeing a piece of history no more would certainly have some heaving a sigh.
Your images tell a story, they work well together, good work.
On a side note, I saw an article about this demolition in the news and there was a women who was glad to see the back of the building as she had sadly lost her father in an accident within the building. So doubly on theme, I am sure that woman breathed a sigh of relief when it got flattened and there was no longer a reminder of her loss in the form of the building. Iain

Hiya Steve,

Loving your sandy footprints. Wonderful in its simplicity, a really nice image. I may be inclined to clone the rough sand out in the bottom corners but that's being really really picky.

I quite like your fear too, but my first thought was that you should see those eyes through a letter box.

The relentles march of the evil Te$co empire is enough to make anyone sigh, but looking at the old building I'd guess most of the locals breathed a sigh of relief that it was going.

Thanks St-ephen

I did try and clone out the left corner but for some reason it did'nt work to well so i left it as it was

Never thought about the letterbox idea , but im resonably happy with the way it turned out

They have been knocking it down for awhile now but i think they maybe could have done something with the tower in the new development as i was a bit of a landmark.

Cheers

Steve

A fitting take on the theme of sigh Steve, as someone said above, Tesco marches on relentlessly and seeing a piece of history no more would certainly have some heaving a sigh.
Your images tell a story, they work well together, good work.
On a side note, I saw an article about this demolition in the news and there was a women who was glad to see the back of the building as she had sadly lost her father in an accident within the building. So doubly on theme, I am sure that woman breathed a sigh of relief when it got flattened and there was no longer a reminder of her loss in the form of the building. Iain

She certainly did , so from that point of view i cant really complain that it's gone .

Cheers

Steve

Don't really agree with your interpretation but I can see why you took the pics to make the point.

There's loads of different interetations on this weeks theme as it's a bit of a hard one , i hope they get a bit easier for awhile though...

Steve

Direction : Clear and fits the theme... possibly a little too square onto the sand... maybe get a bit lower and shoot along the sand, allowing the footprints to trail out of focus ??

Fear : as in wide eyed with... fits the theme. Focus looks good.

Sigh : Nicely captured... a little story there.. and with the description fits the theme.

Direction : Clear and fits the theme... possibly a little too square onto the sand... maybe get a bit lower and shoot along the sand, allowing the footprints to trail out of focus ??

Fear : as in wide eyed with... fits the theme. Focus looks good.

Sigh : Nicely captured... a little story there.. and with the description fits the theme.

Thanx John

Cheers
Steve

Week 4 "Sweet"

This like me is getting on a bit , i bought a couple of these minatures while on holiday in Tenerife in 1988 , cracked one open straight away , took a sip on nearly ending up spraying it everywhere , this stuff is so "Sweet" it's just tooooooo much , so I've kept this one as a reminder of just how awfull the stuff is.

6742075739_99a5eb5cb2.jpg

I've a couple of other idea's so if i get a chance i might try those.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Week 4 - Never trust any alcoholic drink that looks like washing up liquid or de-icer. This image is very good i like the infinity black background and with really punchy colours, mid tones and highlights. Nick

Hi Steve,

Week 4 - Never trust any alcoholic drink that looks like washing up liquid or de-icer. This image is very good i like the infinity black background and with really punchy colours, mid tones and highlights. Nick

Thats the trouble with youth... you'll drink anything...

Cheers

Steve

Looks a little lopsided, product shot is well exposed and the black background suits the colour of the product I think and makes it stand out well. ;)

Back