WALLYBOYS 52 FOR 2018. HOME AND ROUND ADDED

Like @susiejb ... I thought Straight was going to be Shadow! There's some wonderful shadows there with the posts and the slack wire. Best shot upside down then rotated.

Last edited:
Great catch-up Walter!
The straight path is bang on theme if maybe a bit uninspiring...
I love unattractive, great design, well captured (y)
I think the one strong shadow in the middle prevents the picture from being too busy, so well done!

Straight is a good find for the theme and the shadows from the posts add interest.
Unattractive, certainly is!
Shadow doesn't look quite sharp but good to have the dominant central shadow, works for the theme

Oval - good gritty image suits the subject.
Straight - yep that's straight and some nice shadows to add interest.
Unattractive - I could see that on a T-shirt.
Shadow - lots of shadows there well done for avoiding your own
Beautiful - not going to argue with you there although the colours seem a bit washed out to me

Last edited:
Hi Walter

A bit of a catch up on comments for me.

Oval, nice image, lots of details and tones going on. It is cropped very tight top and bottom of the engine.
Straight, a rather boring looking path, but it is straight, I feel it is cropped to tight at the top.
Unattractive, I have to agree with you.
Shadow, I feel this could do with a bit more contarst, as the sun is strong against the trees in the middle. I like the way the path devides around the trees.

Pete

Beautiful

Beautiful creature definatly, looking a bit over exposed. The Framing/Crop is a bit too tight. Did you shoot this through a glass panel or wire?

Hi Walter Just a quick catch up on your images from me.
Straight - good idea for the theme, I can almost see myself walking along the path to see where it goes.
Unattractive - that certainly fits the bill for the theme, I feel though that the image is a little flat.
Shadow - works well, I like the interesting shadow shapes that the trees are making on the ground.
Beautiful - a good image for the theme, but i agree on the others comments that the colours on the tiger need a bit more of a boost.

Beautiful and majestic, not sure if it needs more colour!

A nice set of shots Walter. I love the one of the sidecar racing, good use of DoF. A clever idea for music I really like how it looks. I might have cloned out the couple of blue patches on the top right. They don't spoil the image I just think them not being there would improve it.
Did you shot rural and derelict with a drone, of so nice work. I like both shots, good composition for rural.
Nice close-ups for hard and creature and your bright shot is definitely bright :).
I like the composition and the crop for elegant but it looks a bit flat to me. Was it a cloudy day, could you have lifted the colour when processing? I'm nitpicking the though it's the only one of your shots I think could have been improved.
Good work on the catch-up mate

Some fab shots up there - I'm liking Rural a LOT!

Some great shots there Walter, stand out ones for me are
Musical, great idea, love the shot but how did you do it?
Low, love the action in the shot and the subject matter of course!
Synthetic, great choice and very well executed.
Rural really is very good, the geometric shapes show just how much we effect the land.

Hi Walter

My catchup on comments.

Music
Nice vivid colours and abstract feel to the image.

Hard
Nice details in the shell and in the leaf, shame its a bit ragged round the edges, but not eaten by the snail. not sure about the oof background, does it add anything to the Image, not in my eyes, crop it out.

Creature
Nice focus and details on the eyes, one wing is not in focus, not sure if that matters. Background to the right is a bit tatty.

Synthetic
a flat black cat which costs £35, I would guess its synthectic because it not all rusted along the edges, ie not an orginal. Could possibly do with a bit less exposure.

Rural
I would prefer to see a bit less of the yellow foreground and more contrast.

Bright
Nice yellow bell on theme, very shallow DOF is not working for me.

Elegant
You dont see those everyday. very elegant, good seperation from the water and empty space on the left for it to fly into.

Derelict
On Theme but drone veiw not working for me. If the drone was lower to give some impression of height it would be better in my eyes.

Just my 2p's worth

Pete

Blimey Walter, that's some catch-up...

Low - Great action shot. The spokes are pretty much (but not quite) frozen, but the sense of movement is maintained :)
I really like this shot.

Match - If it were a Matchless I would get it, a BM less so. Another hardtail (though very different from @Bearairs). Well captured, but somewhat lacking in emotion for me anyway. A different angle may have been the way to go?

Music - Cool refraction to get those colours. Nicely imagined and captured (y)
Possibly worth cloning out the blue blobs of light that aren't on the CD?

Hard - On theme, but doesn't really do anything for me.

Creature - No Comment (see my comment in the discussion thread on bug shots)

Synthetic - The sort of enamel advert you see at preservation sites (railways etc.) so yes, liking the subject matter.
Shame about the reflection (or something) above the eyes, but I suspect nothing you could do about it.

Rural - Drone shot? loving the symmetry you've captured with the tracks. Nicely edited (or is it SooC) to emphasise that.

Bright - Deliberately shallow DoF I'm thinking here. Did you take any with a deeper DoF as a comparison? It would be interesting to see one against another.

Elegant - Almost like an arrow. I don't do BIF shots, but I can see that took some getting.

Derelict - Another Drone shot perhaps? Bang on for the theme, and definitely sells the subject matter. I feel I would prefer to see more detail though, rather than a plan shot. But I can understand why this appeals.

Wow, lots of photos in your catch-up - well done on getting up to date again (y)

My favourites are Low, with a real sense of action and tension from the low point of view and the passenger hanging off the side, Music for those vivid colours in the drops and reflections - great idea - Rural for the great lines and colours and unusual POV, Bright, which is perfect for the theme and the only improvement might be a slightly less cluttered background, and Derelict for the overhead POV, colours and textures.

Not sure about home, looks like an interesting building but I wonder if there is a better angle on it.

Round is spot on for the theme and the sky is good, it's always hard to avoid the clutter at these sort of events but you have done well considering.

Back