WALLYBOYS 52 FOR 2018. HOME AND ROUND ADDED

Hi Walter,

Guard - Loving the way the gun seems to be trained on the container ship. Nicely on theme and I think taking it from that angle works.
Thick - Doesn't really work for me, I get "badly fitted carpet" more than I get "thick carpet" ;)
Perhaps taken from a lower angle? Perhaps if you could have got the contrast between the carpet and solid floor, at an edge, then it would have worked? Dunno. Just my thoughts.

Guard(ed) - what a great find for the theme, nice one, works well for me.
Thick - not sure it really says thick to me, but the image is nice to look at. Not to sure how else you could execute the idea of a thick carpet.

Age - right on theme and works well in b/w
Sharp - simple and effective
and a cool Helter Skelter for ants
- thats what I thought
Guard - right on theme and it does look like its aiming at the ship
Thick - Is that in a Gurdwara, I thought the carpet looked lumpy but I think its the pattern, when I visited our local one the carpet was certainly comfy underfoot,

Great timing for having the gun point at the container ship!

I have to disagree with most of the comments above: the looks definitely like a thick carpet!

Nice choice for Guard, nice composition (y)

Thick .... I think the camera should be aimed at the carpet more, maybe down on the carpet with OOF other bits in BG.

Nice idea for the theme, I like the rusty colours

Walter

Guard, nice image, plenty of detail in the gun and pointing towards a ship.
Thick, I will take your word that the carpet is thick, nice colour and exposure.
Abundance, Lots od snow so fits the theme.
Heavy, Nice colours and detail in the rust. Fits the theme, but only just for me, needs a lot more metal around in my mind

Pete

Hi Walter,

Abundance - Nice contrast of the trampled vs virgin snow. Nicely exposed and works well for the theme.
The crop like that, to include all the space and the tree on the right works nicely.

Heavy - I wonder what it is. It looks like 1/2 of the wheels for a wagon designed to run on those narrow gauge tracks.
Some kind of colliery wagon perhaps? Certainly an interesting looking thing.

Abundance is a lovely shot Walter. Crisp white snow and clear blue sky and nice leading line with all the footprints :)

Not sure what the heavy thing is but it must have been heavy to break the tracks :D

Very nice image for Abundance, Walter, with that lovely white snow under a blue sky, the line of distant trees and the path formed by many feet. A real postcard shot. Heavy... no idea what it is but clearly heavy to have broken the rails and I do like the colours and texture of rust (y)

Abundance - I like the contrast between the heavily walked path the untrodden snow I am a big kid I like to walk in the untrodden snow.
Heavy - so heavy its broken the track, a tighter crop might have given it more weight.

Hi Walter

I take it the juxaposition is about the conflicting sizes. Good Idea. Plenty of detail and colours, oof background emphasizes the focal point.

Pete

Wet - Is one swan saying - I remember when this was all fields - certainly wet enough for swans (or ducks) and graceful image
Juxtaposition - Little Man - Big Leaves - nice colours and good separation from background.

Hi Walter,

Wet - Loving the <3 shot of the swans. Something in me wants to put them on the right though (maybe as the right swan is larger, or maybe my right handedness, dunno).

Juxtaposition - Other than size, hmm dunno. He seems to be doing a job in the garden. I might have contrasted the leaves with maybe a racing driver or Wookie or something.

Abundance - thats a cracking snowy scene lovely colours throughout the image and plenty of snow, so it works for me.
Heavy - love the rusty tones, and it looks heavy to me all that metal rail.
Wet - bang on for the theme and the swans in the image add a bit of a focal point, great work
Juxtaposition - a nice fun take on the the theme with the use of the lego mini figure.

Wet - A lovely image of the two swans they are far more obliging then any I have met as they have posed beautifully instead of grooming themselves.
Juxtaposition - he is happy in his work. A good fun shot

Last edited:
At first glance I thought Straight was going to be Shadow! Super long path disappearing into the distance, the aspect works really well. Unattractive ...well that certainly is ...is it a photo of a book cover or something? I love sunlight through trees and the added bonus is the bluebells in the distance.

Shadow
I did something similar as a backup, but didn't really like it (it was way too busy), you have managed to make the one long shadow very dominant.

Hi Walter

Straight - Fits the theme, but a bit uninspiring really. Leading lines work best if there is a pay off.
Perhaps waiting for someone to be walking along the path would have helped? (I bet you spent ages waiting for everyone to disappear ;) )

Unattractive - I really like that. Nicely captured.:)

Shadow - After how busy my 'shadow' is I can't say 'owt can I? What I will say is well played avoiding getting your own shadow in the shot with the sun evidently low and behind you.

Back