WAMT....what annoyed me today!

That moment when you have eaten most of your burger, pick up the last bit, and notice the mold on the bottom of the burger bun :eek:
sick.gif
Won't hurt ya. :)

Finding when I went to go to work this morning that some thieving git had tried to steal my bike from the stairwell in our block of flats.
They'd cut the heavy duty wire cable on it, but had obviously missed the bright red U lock fastening it to my old MTB and given up.

My new manager has got rid of all the tools I use on a daily basis for no reason. Removed the bin lid in the office, so it now smells. And asked me to fake H&S meeting minutes instead of actually having a half an hour meeting. And expects me to sign that I made checks dating back to the start of the year that I did not perform or know were necessary. Bloody new managers, why can't they just let a place carry on running instead of "putting their mark" on a place and making everything more difficult?

My new manager has got rid of all the tools I use on a daily basis for no reason. Removed the bin lid in the office, so it now smells. And asked me to fake H&S meeting minutes instead of actually having a half an hour meeting. And expects me to sign that I made checks dating back to the start of the year that I did not perform or know were necessary. Bloody new managers, why can't they just let a place carry on running instead of "putting their mark" on a place and making everything more difficult?

Sounds like he asking you to sign and effectively commit a crime. I was under the impression that in h&s checks and sign offs there was a legal obligation on both the company and the person authorised to sign it.

IMO beware of what you are being asked to do, avoid being implicated in breaking rules that external examining bodies could hold you personally accountable for!

Sounds like he asking you to sign and effectively commit a crime. I was under the impression that in h&s checks and sign offs there was a legal obligation on both the company and the person authorised to sign it.

IMO beware of what you are being asked to do, avoid being implicated in breaking rules that external examining bodies could hold you personally accountable for!
Yep, I definitely won't be signing anything to say I have done something that I haven't.

Get yourself a little digital dictaphone.
If you can get recordings of him instructing you to commit criminal acts, then a word to HR and a copy of the recordings should see him out of the office faster than that bin lid.

Get yourself a little digital dictaphone.
If you can get recordings of him instructing you to commit criminal acts, then a word to HR and a copy of the recordings should see him out of the office faster than that bin lid.

Not reading mind are you ;) I was just about to PM Ben with "keep records for your own protection......."

But any action on his part can only be taken in the context of his unique situation I.e. local management structure and greater external ownership structure. And what the reporting lines are???

Getting up at 4.30am driving from Birmingham to Exeter to do a job, running out of gear and having to drive home only to now have to go back tomorrow at 4.30am again!!!:mad:

What trade, Matt? Might be able to point you at a local supplier (emphasis on the "might"!)

What trade, Matt? Might be able to point you at a local supplier (emphasis on the "might"!)

Sealant applicator, one of my lads was down and had a quick look at the job and told me colours but didn't say that 85% of it was just the one colour. I've a lock up full of gear but just grabbed one box this morning:banghead:
To be fair it only took me an hour and 50mins to get back.
Thank you for the offer.

To be fair I don't mind the driving, although I did drive from Birmingham to East Kilbride last Saturday at 5.00am and then drove back to Birmingham on Sunday at 5.00am for a meeting at 10.00am - made it with 3 mins to spare(y)

Lazy idiot on night shift. I had forgotten to empty bins in our car park and he took pictures to show the manager the next day instead of just doing it himself and reminding me. He then took pictures of the floors and glass in the doors because I had signed off to say they had been cleaned trying to make out that I hadn't done them. It never even occurred to him that they had been done at the beginning of my shift and had 8 hours to get a little bit messy again.
I can't bloody stand a lazy jobsworth.

I had forgotten to empty bins in our car park and he took pictures to show the manager the next day
Oh don't you just like those sorts of people? (NOT!) :(

WAMT? Hmmm not very much at all tbh.

Lazy idiot on night shift. I had forgotten to empty bins in our car park and he took pictures to show the manager the next day instead of just doing it himself and reminding me. He then took pictures of the floors and glass in the doors because I had signed off to say they had been cleaned trying to make out that I hadn't done them. It never even occurred to him that they had been done at the beginning of my shift and had 8 hours to get a little bit messy again.
I can't bloody stand a lazy jobsworth.

Jeez, you're not having fun at all at work, are you? :(
Hope it improves.

Finding when I went to go to work this morning that some thieving git had tried to steal my bike from the stairwell in our block of flats.
They'd cut the heavy duty wire cable on it, but had obviously missed the bright red U lock fastening it to my old MTB and given up.
Proof that two locks are usually a good idea... s***ty thing to happen but at least the thieving buggers left it at that stage.

Oh and I completely forgot that had a text from one of the lads today at 12.04am saying that one of my vans has been broken into and robbed, had one broke into in Leeds last week as well. That's about 6 break ins in 3 months!!!:mad:

Sealant applicator, one of my lads was down and had a quick look at the job and told me colours but didn't say that 85% of it was just the one colour. I've a lock up full of gear but just grabbed one box this morning:banghead:
To be fair it only took me an hour and 50mins to get back.
Thank you for the offer.

Not sure I'd have been able to help - other than give directions to B&Q, Wickes etc. and I very much doubt they'd have anything other than white or clear and possibly black or grey.

Not sure I'd have been able to help - other than give directions to B&Q, Wickes etc. and I very much doubt they'd have anything other than white or clear and possibly black or grey.

Thanks for the thought but the stuff we use is not stocked by B&Q, Wickes etc
I have had to swap vans over as mine needed a oil change and I've always got 2 boxes of every colour on my van. I never really checked the back of this van (it was raining) lol

Being asked for the umpteenth time this week if I would do an afternoon collection tomorrow ..........................Nooooooo
and if I would cover for someone on Saturday because they all seem to want this weekend off, another Noooooo
I have plans for both days and the rest of my 10 days off (y)

I can remember one job I was at where I used to be more than flexible with my shift patterns.

However I had one immediate superior who would always ask at very very short notice if I would change my shift or hours worked and when I said no would always come back and say "well your not very flexible are you"

I can remember her once approaching me as I was about to clock onto a Thursday late shift to ask if I would do a Saturday late shift instead as they were very short staffed that day to which I agreed and went home - When I turned up for the Saturday late shift she said right i'm off home, when I asked who else was on shift she said "No one, just you" - This was one of the deciding factors in my decision to leave said job

Cooking fat!

Spent most of yesterday asleep then decided that 05:38 was getting up time...

Good job we love her!

I'm normally quite flexible @Keith W , the office organiser/supervisor calls me his flexible friend, hence I've had a Monday added to my holiday
when my day off that week should be Tuesday :D
Don't mind swapping days with most of the others apart from one who always seemed to need a Saturday off, but the one time I asked him to
swap he refused, so never again :mad:

Bin collection, or lack thereof

So yet again they missed my bin this morning when emptying them, ring council lunch time and they say need to call back after 8pm.

So called just now to report my bin not being emptied again and they just say leave it by the side of the road and they will get someone to come and empty it but it could take to 5 working days!! :mad:

Last edited:
WAMT (actually over the last few days, but didn't know what it was) Failing PC :grumpy: `blue screen of death`? apparently :runaway:

I'm not worried about all that, I will just flat out say no.

My concern would be that someone else might say yes. When the s*** inevitably hits the fan later, do you want to be the guy that knew he was corrupt but kept quiet? You might even be at risk yourself if you are aware of conspiracy to commit a crime.

At the very least, make contemporaneous and detailed notes of every request like this - it will carry weight in the future if you get into a "he said/ no I didn't" scenario.
Personally, I'd be checking out the company's whistle-blowing procedures ASAP.

Shaving, not just today but every time I have to do it, face feels irritated all day, and uncomfortable on the pillow at night.

There's an easy answer! I get terrible razor rash pretty much every time I shave. Not sure I've suffered it this century!!!

There's an easy answer! I get terrible razor rash pretty much every time I shave. Not sure I've suffered it this century!!!
The problem with that is, you now look like a Hipster :p

Due to impending baldness a beard doesn't suit me well, also premature greyness means I have to dye it which is as much a pita as shaving. I'm only 36 ffs!

2 things

The t*** in front of me at Euston station who decided to stop suddenly to answer his phone! Given I was in a wheelchair, I really didn't want a facefull of his arse!

Also at Euston Station, spring-loaded disabled toilet doors. I have 2 hands, I need 1 to hold the door and 2 to manoeuvre the chair. Do the maths!

I have a shower in the evening and then shave right after.

This means the bristles are nice and soft and easy to shave, also it is cooler so less irritation from heat or sweat.

I also use Nivea sensitive shave foam

Mind you I seem to feel the need to torture myself and cause intense pain my putting after shave on..... go figure

I have a shower in the evening and then shave right after.

This means the bristles are nice and soft and easy to shave, also it is cooler so less irritation from heat or sweat.

I also use Nivea sensitive shave foam

Mind you I seem to feel the need to torture myself and cause intense pain my putting after shave on..... go figure

Yeh I've also taken to shaving in the shower and I use Boots no.7 products which seem to be quite good, but my stubble's like wire. My last resort will be a DE razor but then I won't be able to use it in the shower, at least until I've mastered it.

Yeh I've also taken to shaving in the shower and I use Boots no.7 products which seem to be quite good, but my stubble's like wire. My last resort will be a DE razor but then I won't be able to use it in the shower, at least until I've mastered it.

I have been looking at DE razors myself but knowing my luck if I use one I will end up looking like I used a mincer to shave myself
lol.gif

I have been looking at DE razors myself
That was all that was available well apart from cut throats when I started shaving.
Top Tip FFS don't grab the sides of the razor head especially with wet fingers and then try and unscrew the top!
It'll bleed for quite awhile ... :rolleyes:

edit FFS! have you seen the price of those things?
They are having a laugh, surely?

Last edited:
The problem with that is, you now look like a Hipster :p

No. Hipsters look like me! :p (I did consider shaving but decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and pain.)

Due to impending baldness a beard doesn't suit me well, also premature greyness means I have to dye it which is as much a pita as shaving. I'm only 36 ffs!

Grey looks far better than dyed IMO. And they're not bald spots apparently - they're solar panels to fuel sex machines...

36 isn't premature greying. It's just greying. Sorry, you're old now - get over it :p

Reactions: Nod
Back