WAMT....what annoyed me today!

2 things

The t*** in front of me at Euston station who decided to stop suddenly to answer his phone! Given I was in a wheelchair, I really didn't want a facefull of his arse!

Also at Euston Station, spring-loaded disabled toilet doors. I have 2 hands, I need 1 to hold the door and 2 to manoeuvre the chair. Do the maths!

I truly understand

I had a stroke in early December 2016 which 'took out' the use of my left arm and leg. I had much the same experience as yours, except I had a helper... so I had 3 hands. The wheelchair accessible WC was huge but no handles or bars!

Positive side - It made me engage in the fight to do it right.

Now much more mobile and driving. But the real downside is that friends I highly regarded seemed embarrassed about my condition (even though it was not permanent.), nevee to come back.

I was ALWAYS humbled by the kindness of strangers!

Things have improved markedly. Time to get on with pushing for proper adoption of the Equality Act 2010 (which includes the requirements of the DDA 1995).

Steve

Former work - screwing up my final payment and still haven't got my P45...

The nobhead who spammed the forum early this morning.

The young chap who seemed to have brought his nan to Morrisons so he could park in a disabled bay but left her in the car! (n)

Just as bd is those who park in a parent & child space an leave the kids in the car! :rolleyes:

The young chap who seemed to have brought his nan to Morrisons so he could park in a disabled bay but left her in the car! (n)

Just as bd is those who park in a parent & child space an leave the kids in the car! :rolleyes:

Grrr!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Why is it they always get within attacking distance before I spot them?

Spiders :(
There's nothing like walking into a spiders web, to discover you actually know Karate :D

Tw@ knows he can get away with it in a private car park. Fekwit.

WAM just now? The delivery driver who didn't bother to knock the door - just opened it, put the parcel on the windowsill, closed the door and walked away, all while I was in the house. That's the second time it's happened. Hermes this time (no idea who it was last time and a different retailer) so they're about to get a carefully worded email :mad:
Anyone with a large dog I can borrow?

Anyone with a large dog I can borrow?
Apparently these are now illegal for trapping bears, but I cant find anywhere that excludes the use on couriers ..
Happy to help (y)
:D
Bear_trap_real.jpg

It is indeed! :p

Apparently these are now illegal for trapping bears, but I cant find anywhere that excludes the use on couriers ..
Happy to help (y)
:D
View attachment 106997

Oooh that's just nasty and cruel, what have us poor delivery people done to upset you :(:p

WAM just now? The delivery driver who didn't bother to knock the door - just opened it, put the parcel on the windowsill, closed the door and walked away, all while I was in the house.

I can understand why they do it I do feel sorry for them, they are paid per item delivered and often have a set time they have to deliver, was talking
to a guy from DPD the other day, he was telling me about some items that have to be delivered 6pmish, they may have done everything else long before that
but still have to come back a deliver at that time, then drive smetimes 30 odd miles back to the depot, they have to buy their own fuel and maintain the vans, so
you can understand why the do it

Oooh that's just nasty and cruel, what have us poor delivery people done to upset you :(:p

I can understand why they do it I do feel sorry for them, they are paid per item delivered and often have a set time they have to deliver, was talking
to a guy from DPD the other day, he was telling me about some items that have to be delivered 6pmish, they may have done everything else long before that
but still have to come back a deliver at that time, then drive smetimes 30 odd miles back to the depot, they have to buy their own fuel and maintain the vans, so
you can understand why the do it

Yes of course I can understand it why they do it. However, the first time it happened I was about to walk in on him. I saw an unmarked van in the road and heard someone open my door. I was about to pick up a blunt instrument when I heard the door close again. So if the guy gets a rollocking from his supervisor (not that that's likely to happen) and doesn't do it again it'll be for his own good.
Our postie is great, except he nearly ran into me once cutting a corner in his haste to get out of the village. I was in my Defender, armed with a nice steel wraparound bull bar, so I wasn't worried....:)

The courier opened the door to your home?

As opposed to the door to.................. my car, my nuclear bunker, another world...........?
Sorry, couldn't help it - yes
I hope he never goes to work in the US...............he might not make it out again ;)

Well, you could live in a complex of flats with a public entrance, but hey ho.(y)
As it stands, in a private residence, it doesn't matter if the door was unlocked; he/she broke the law.
I don't care how many deliveries they're "expected" to make in a day; doing what they did is unacceptable, and schedule is no excuse.

Clearly you have never had any experience of the courier/delivery industry.
I've had people phone in and say I never rang the bell, take the item back out, ring the bell, no response, knock on the door
and you get a reply, mention you did ring bell, only to be told it hasn't worked for ages !!
I now knock the door if I don't hear the bell, people moan but at least they hear me
Knock on a door/ring bell that is ajar, no one answers, so you leave a card, only to have the person complain that the door was open.
I could tell you a lot more such things, but suffice to say I get paid whether I deliver an item or take it back, if I get held up and go
over my contracted time for the day I can claim for it
These other drivers only get paid for what they actually deliver and work far more hours then I do for less money
I'm lucky I have a good relationship with most of my customers, know where to leave stuff if they are out so they don't have to wait for it or drive
miles to collect it,

I truly don't care (if that's aimed at me).
Opening someone's front door is unacceptable.

Why would you have a handle on the outside of a front door that would allow anyone to open it in the first place?

Why would you have a handle on the outside of a front door that would allow anyone to open it in the first place?
Some of us do, so they don't lock their selves out when they nip out to the garage etc, and the door slams behind you.

Just keep your keys in your pocket.
I never keep keys in my pocket when I'm home who needs stuff cluttering up your pockets.
Wallet comes out too

Last edited:

That's not the point, princess.

Stupid questions from news interviewers.

This morning I heard an interviewer on the Today programme ask Adam Peaty's Mum if she was proud of him.

Earlier this month, on a TV news programme, an interviewee was asked what he thought about people who commit acid attacks.

Do the interviewers ever think about their questions before they ask them?

Dave

Stupid questions from news interviewers.

This morning I heard an interviewer on the Today programme ask Adam Peaty's Mum if she was proud of him.

Earlier this month, on a TV news programme, an interviewee was asked what he thought about people who commit acid attacks.

Do the interviewers ever think about their questions before they ask them?

Dave

That`s the thing with reporters or interviewers, they don`t think. When I saw the jet crash at Shoreham airshow, the interviewer asked How did you feel knowing people had died :mad:

Back