WAMT....what annoyed me today!

My annoyance was on Sunday, arrived bright and early at the Scallop sculpture on the beach at Aldeburgh in Suffolk for a sunrise shot. Turned into the car park and could see something looked odd, a group of folks were sleeping under the sculpture on the beach in their sleeping bags.

I did manage some shots but very limited in order to avoid getting them in my picture.

Actually yesterday but I honestly thought the fad of serving food on a plank of wood would have passed by now!

I refuse to accept it served like that, always ask first and if they won't put in on a proper plate I won't buy it,
same with that slate rubbish

Actually yesterday but I honestly thought the fad of serving food on a plank of wood would have passed by now!

I'd have sent it back.

Turn the kitchen light and see ants everywhere !!!
They won't be around tomorrow

Actually yesterday but getting a parking ticket fine in the council car park in town even though we had bought a ticket and it was clearly displayed on the dashboard of our car
I phoned up while we were there and said we have a valid ticket displayed but they said we will have to appeal by email which can take 14 days
The fine was £50 or 25 if we pay in within 14 days
Have sent them a photo of our ticket and appealed
Very frustrating

Saves buying descaler though (if there are enough of the b'st'rds in there!

Feckin' Barclays annoyed me today.

I deposited a cheque few days ago. Today I got paid from work. Checked ballance to find 3k overdrawn.

Just as I was getting ready to buy some photo gear, just when I found golden deal on Godox flashes.

Apparently it's being sorted now, but annoying is an understatement.

Thank god my other half had some cash in her bank, got my flashes :D

Three separate threads about energy bills/suppliers on the OOF front page.

Make sure to check the kettle. They have a habit of falling in and drowning while exploring. View attachment 130693

They hadn't made it that far, only other side of the kitchen, but you did make me check.
Got a couple of ant bait boxes and now know were they are coming in, quite a few less this evening so
hopefully it's working :D

The guys at work were ignoring a six-lane highway of little black commuters in the rest room, 'cos they were avoiding the fridge and cupboards, just raiding the bin.
They were most unhappy when shown the dozens of little bodies floating in the jug kettle, that hadn't made it into their cuppas because of the spout filter.

BT text messages asking for feedback for which we have to pay to reply, orrrrr pay to stop, orrr delete and forget but not stop...:/

My daughter often finds them in her glass kettle, she thinks they hold Jacuzzi parties with the blue light...

I had one of those, beautiful kettle but not good in a hard water area, descaled it every month
It now resides in a cupboard as a spare.
Got a couple of ant bait boxes and put down, as normal there was an influx to start with, now seems
to have died down to the odd one or two so hopefully it will stop soon

Flipping bird leaving it's calling card in the MIDDLE of my C-max windscreen !!

I was less than impressed - my arms don't stretch to that.

Fortunately once home I dug out the long handled brush attachment to go on the hose - we'd used it for caravan washing years ago.

That did the trick - I've a clean windscreen now.

Well yesterday...

Woke up to find a dead rat on the back garden, clearly poisoned, it wasn't doing anyone any harm and was cute. Was going to humane trap it and release it in a wood about a mile away... Now it's just on my garden being attacked by files .

Also

Supposed to start rugby training tomorrow, instead, yesterday I twisted my knee having a kick around and can't walk so that's out the window for now

Brake calipers. Never ending battle with. Dad's (Civic mk8 diesel) OSR was replaced last year, then the sliders stuck which I sorted a few months back. Then the NSR had to be replaced. Then my (Civic Mk8 Type R) NSF went. 1 week later BOTH rears jammed on. They're being seen to tomorrow as it's in for its service anyway, mean time I'm driving the diesel - and guess what? Offside Rear Caliper Seized again!

I've spent so much on brake calipers in the past month I've had to cancel my holiday plans.:mad:

Standing in the queue at Greggs to buy a sausage and bean 'melt' (the only thing I really like there) only to see the three remaining ones disappear before I can get served. :grumpy:

Standing in the queue at Greggs to buy a sausage and bean 'melt' (the only thing I really like there) only to see the three remaining ones disappear before I can get served. :grumpy:
It's a little annoying but sometimes means you get ones that are fresh out of the oven if you don't mind waiting. If you're in a hurry, it's a PITA.

Well yesterday...

Woke up to find a dead rat on the back garden, clearly poisoned, it wasn't doing anyone any harm and was cute. Was going to humane trap it and release it in a wood about a mile away... Now it's just on my garden being attacked by files .

Also

Supposed to start rugby training tomorrow, instead, yesterday I twisted my knee having a kick around and can't walk so that's out the window for now

How do you "humane trap" a dead rat? Did you previously know this rat? Do you realise that rats are vermin and carry deseases?

How do you "humane trap" a dead rat? Did you previously know this rat? Do you realise that rats are vermin and carry deseases?

Well it wasn't dead before some nob poisoned it.

Knew the rat for about 6 months, maybe more while he lived under next doors shed... Wasn't doing anyone any harm, ate scraps of bird food that the birds dropped. Why not release it into a wood or forest?

So by your reckoning things like chipmunks, prairie dogs & squirrels should be poisoned because they carry typhus?

Why not release it into a wood or forest?
Once you bring vermin into captivity, ( ie trap) you are responsible for its welfare.

Plus are you willing to take the risk, that, that rat is not carrying Leptospirosis
And the fat that it may urinate on you when you try and move the trap?

some nob poisoned it.
I'll give you one guess what I do for a living

Royal Mail failing (again) to deliver items supposedly on 48 hour delivery service ………. one item should have been delivered yesterday and another item today. So far, neither have made an appearance & our postman has just left (almost 4pm). I remember once upon a time our post was delivered before I left for work .

You're a professional nob? :exit:
The biggest and the best (y)

Leave poisoned dead animals on peoples gardens, for cats and foxes to get hold of?
The problem is, Rats / mice etc, don't die on the spot, so there is no telling where they may end up, but at least the 2nd gen. anti-coagulant are designed to break down in the body of the target species.
secondary poisoning is extremely rare, despite what people may say, rats are up to a max. of 1KG body weight, ( and thats a bloody big male) @ LD 50 7.6 gms / Kg
Lets say your average cat weighs 4Kg, thats 30.4 grammes of "Pure" bromadialone that it would need to eat,
even if it didn't break down that is 4 bloody big rats that a cat would need to eat in one sitting.

As for the actual cause of death of the rat, there are many possibilities. old age, and in this heat dehydration is a real problem too,
I take it you had a toxicology report done to be able to say that
some nob poisoned it.

The biggest and the best (y)

The problem is, Rats / mice etc, don't die on the spot, so there is no telling where they may end up, but at least the 2nd gen. anti-coagulant are designed to break down in the body of the target species.
secondary poisoning is extremely rare, despite what people may say, rats are up to a max. of 1KG body weight, ( and thats a bloody big male) @ LD 50 7.6 gms / Kg
Lets say your average cat weighs 4Kg, thats 30.4 grammes of "Pure" bromadialone that it would need to eat,
even if it didn't break down that is 4 bloody big rats that a cat would need to eat in one sitting.

As for the actual cause of death of the rat, there are many possibilities. old age, and in this heat dehydration is a real problem too,
I take it you had a toxicology report done to be able to say that

No toxicology needed. I've seen a poisoned rat before and when I saw it the day before when it was about alive still I could tell what had happened.

I'm assuming you know exactly how much poison was used/consumed?

I'm assuming you know exactly how much poison was used/consumed?
The industry has "standards" as to how much, where and when.
Its not just a matter of chucking poison about you know "we" are regulated by more than one "body"

I would need to know the weight of the Rat to be able to tell you how much was consumed , ... but as above ...
I've seen a poisoned rat before
And they act just like a dehydrating ( lack of water) rat too :)

Last edited:
The industry has "standards" as to how much, where and when.
Its not just a matter of chucking poison about you know "we" are regulated by more than one "body"

I would need to know the weight of the Rat to be able to tell you how much was consumed , ... but as above ...

And they act just like a dehydrating ( lack of water) rat too :)

I would put ALOT of money on this not being a professional job... We don't exactly live on the nicest of estates. Some nob (I stand by my use of the word) has bought some poison and probably covered some meat in it or something.

Well it wasn't dead before some nob poisoned it.

Knew the rat for about 6 months, maybe more while he lived under next doors shed... Wasn't doing anyone any harm, ate scraps of bird food that the birds dropped. Why not release it into a wood or forest?

So by your reckoning things like chipmunks, prairie dogs & squirrels should be poisoned because they carry typhus?

Don't get many Chipmunks or Prairie Dogs in Kent, but I will have a look out for them.
I have two shots, two kills on rats in my back garden, and thankfully there haven't been any more - that I have seen.

Well FML, the caliper saga continues - One of the new ones fitted to the Type R managed less than 5 miles before jamming and has sprung a leak, I've just spent the evening freeing up the old one and putting it back on!

My Virgin remote control is faulty. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I have to bang it up and down on my knee or more likely twist it to get it to work. The next time I pick it up maybe it'll work or maybe I'll have to get physical with it again. There's a bad connection somewhere, that seems pretty conclusive to me.

The bloke in India has reset everything and had me unplugging the box and pressing buttons for ten minutes for what??? Because the computer says so I suppose.

It's the remote control that's faulty and no matter how many times I told him that when I press a button the little light on the remote should come on and it doesn't until I bang and twist he just wouldn't listen and kept telling me "The remote control will work now." I felt like crying... Well not really but I think this just shows the joys of outsourcing and using non technical people trained only to follow what the computer says and not listen to a word the customer says.

My Virgin remote control is faulty. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I have to bang it up and down on my knee or more likely twist it to get it to work. The next time I pick it up maybe it'll work or maybe I'll have to get physical with it again. There's a bad connection somewhere, that seems pretty conclusive to me.

The bloke in India has reset everything and had me unplugging the box and pressing buttons for ten minutes for what??? Because the computer says so I suppose.

It's the remote control that's faulty and no matter how many times I told him that when I press a button the little light on the remote should come on and it doesn't until I bang and twist he just wouldn't listen and kept telling me "The remote control will work now." I felt like crying... Well not really but I think this just shows the joys of outsourcing and using non technical people trained only to follow what the computer says and not listen to a word the customer says.

Maybe a daft question but have you tried new batteries? Or indeed removing and reinserting the same ones as not uncommon for some minor terminal corrosion to cause an issue!

Swapping the batteries gave me the first clues as the new batteries made no difference but leaving the back off did... and then putting the back on caused the fault again and sometimes it all worked the other way. I assume if the back is on or off flexes the body slightly differently. Anyway, deffo a joint problem of some sort. It's a brand new box and remote, only had it a couple of weeks, deffo no corrosion visible and it's all nice and clean.

It's amazing how much gunk remote controls can ingest; it works it's way right the way in and stops the buttons working reliably.
That (closely followed by leaky batteries) is the main cause I've found for remote non-functionality.

If you're comfortable doing it, strip the remote down and throw the case and rubber membrane into some warm water and detergent, and give 'em a going over with a dish brush. The circuit board isn't up to this, so give that a good wipe down with a J cloth soaked in isopropyl alcohol.

Make sure everything's dry and re-assemble. Nine times out of ten, it'll work normally again.

ETA: Just read your reply. Deffo not gunk then.

Last edited:

Swapping the batteries gave me the first clues as the new batteries made no difference but leaving the back off did... and then putting the back on caused the fault again and sometimes it all worked the other way. I assume if the back is on or off flexes the body slightly differently. Anyway, deffo a joint problem of some sort. It's a brand new box and remote, only had it a couple of weeks, deffo no corrosion visible and it's all nice and clean.

When you ring next time make it during UK daylight hours and ask for a new remote.........i have no doubt that you likely have done but (assuming the call centre lingo is still correct?) ask to be passed to a Tier 1 manager. As you say sounds like you are talking to someone working off a limited action script, so you need someone who can make a decision!!!

Change batteries first. Problems could be caused by crud under the buttons so they're not making proper contact. Just seen it's a very new box. I'd wonder if they've sent a used remote out and that's why it's hopeless. I doubt if they test them properly.

The CS people on the phones are terminally hopeless. Try the online chat ones when it's available. There's also the support forum. That has staff members in it and you may find other people have had the same problem.

Last edited:
Back