WAMT....what annoyed me today!

It seems that some zoo's are set to open shortly. By buying a limited number of on line tickets.
When this happens it'll be interesting to see how its "managed"

My local, ZSL Whipsnade set in about 600 acres, it never gets crowed even when it is, if you see what I mean, they remain closed at presents and are
constantly begging for money despite having a bank balance of several £millions!
How do I know that? I'm a fellow of ZSL and get the accounts :D

Herpes Hermes strikes again!
I have a delivery due sometime shortly,
A parcel was left in "My safe place" this morning.
The packaging looked a bit odd, but that's nothing new, its only when I opened it it was obvious it was an item of woman's clothing!
Checking the labeled address, it was a similar post code, right town, right house number but about a mile away.

Customer service required me to type in the tracking number before I could get any further..
FFS its not MY parcel so I don't know the tracking number.

I finally found an email addy that worked.
So I gave them both barrels on that ...
And now the question is does the other person have my item ( which is perishable ) or is it somewhere totally different.
I await their reply, but I'm not holding my breath!

Herpes Hermes strikes again!
I have a delivery due sometime shortly,
A parcel was left in "My safe place" this morning.
The packaging looked a bit odd, but that's nothing new, its only when I opened it it was obvious it was an item of woman's clothing!
Checking the labeled address, it was a similar post code, right town, right house number but about a mile away.

Aren't you secretly tempted to keep it and wear it?

Go on, you're among friends... be honest...

It seems that some zoo's are set to open shortly. By buying a limited number of on line tickets.
When this happens it'll be interesting to see how its "managed"

My local, ZSL Whipsnade set in about 600 acres, it never gets crowed even when it is, if you see what I mean, they remain closed at presents and are
constantly begging for money despite having a bank balance of several £millions!
How do I know that? I'm a fellow of ZSL and get the accounts :D
That’s what Chester zoo was planning to do but according to their website they have been told to remain closed , a real shame

That’s what Chester zoo was planning to do but according to their website they have been told to remain closed , a real shame

I'd love to know how it will work
I've seen it said that it would be online booking and you get a time slot, no mention of how long that will be
Having a fairly long drive from here to any zoo, I normally spend most of the day when I go, so if the time slot was
limited to 2 or 3 hours it just wouldn't be worth the drive to get there and back and I daresay a lot of people would be in the same position.
Knowing the restriction it will probably be a minute amount of people allowed in at any one time, which when you look at shops which are enclosed would be ridiculous and not generate the income needed, especially as many will already be members, it almost seems they want all zoos to close :confused:

I'd love to know how it will work
I've seen it said that it would be online booking and you get a time slot, no mention of how long that will be
Having a fairly long drive from here to any zoo, I normally spend most of the day when I go, so if the time slot was
limited to 2 or 3 hours it just wouldn't be worth the drive to get there and back and I daresay a lot of people would be in the same position.
Knowing the restriction it will probably be a minute amount of people allowed in at any one time, which when you look at shops which are enclosed would be ridiculous and not generate the income needed, especially as many will already be members, it almost seems they want all zoos to close :confused:
Yes it’s very worrying I don’t think those in government care or understand about zoos and what they do they should be working with them to help them get through this

For me a garden centre would be tops of an hour or 1.5hours if we stop for a coffee and snack. A zoo visit would be a minimum of 4 hours, 2 coffees and three uses of their facilities....

Not to mention we would travel much further for a zoo visit.

At work we have seen different local authorities give some almost identical customers different advice on dates and also revise the information overnight after thinking about it....

Aren't you secretly tempted to keep it and wear it?

Go on, you're among friends... be honest...
:LOL:
I've no idea what it is, I saw the coat hanger and a woman's name on the packing slip. that's as far as I got .... so I won't risk it :D

Indeed it is, and its not exactly a small place either :(
From their web site
We have 11 miles of pathway in total, winding around all the different animals.

:LOL:
I've no idea what it is, I saw the coat hanger and a woman's name on the packing slip. that's as far as I got .... so I won't risk it :D

OK. Just as long as she doesn't complain it arrived with sweat stains or a manly odor :D

OK. Just as long as she doesn't complain it arrived with sweat stains or a manly odor :D
Well I still have it, Hermes haven't replied to me yet, and I'm guessing "her" tracking number either says sorry we f***ed up or "delivered"
I betting the latter :D

They should be in a bloody zoo....

Locked up, all men together, all letting their animal instincts take over... Quite a few of them would be up for that.

If that's not an unfortunate choice of words.

Oh dear, entitled men in lycra being very silly. What went through their minds, I don't know.

I'd like to see them asked if they had any special training to get that f***ing stupid.

Apart from possibility of spooking the horse enough for it to throw and injure, or maybe, kill the rider - which of course they wouldn't care about because what they want to do is the most important thing - did they not think passing, at speed, so close to an animal that weighs probably a few hundred kg and has hooves, when on a straight empty road marks them down as Darwin award material.

It reminds me of those who tried to get a selfie with a stag during the rut.

Dave

I'd like to see them asked if they had any special training to get that f***ing stupid.

Brilliant! :D

Actually I shouldn't laugh. I now feel slightly guilty that I've laughed at such a serious issue. I tend to laugh at those dash cam car crash shows too. I'll give myself a talking to.

Last edited:
Carrying on from THIS POST
Herpes Hermes have now had my parcel the local depot, about 2 miles away, for 2 days now.
Delivery is for today according to the tracking, but its still not with courier :rolleyes:

And no response from their customer service either, on the matter of a wrongly delivered parcel, despite the fact they claim they will answer within 24 hours .....
Ho Hum :rolleyes:

Those non-economy eggs you ordered hatched in the van with the hot weather.
Eggs.jpg
There's no one left at the depot to answer.

Irritating couple in Tesco earlier, strolling along the aisles without a care, reading the label on every item they pick up in depth ... don't mind me like! Trying to keep 2m behind you! ... so I do my ol' skip 2 aisles and swing back around - they're STILL THERE FFS!

Well after a sharp reminder to customer service again via email. They responded withing a few mins.
They are now arranging to collect it :rolleyes:

As for my parcel ...
Yep I got that now deliver the bloody thing instead of updating "we've got your parcel" FFS

Opera Snapshot_2020-06-05_142744_new.myhermes.co.uk.png

Last edited:
The above finally turned up and was NOT delivered to my "safe place" just left on the door step. They never even bothered to knock to say "its here"

What really annoyed me though .. I ordered a couple or so plants from different sources, both blatantly lied about the size and condition, of these.
OK so we all know that they show pictures of the full grown item ( that should be stopped. or at least show the items that will be posted as well)
But to blatantly lie in the description...

Yes I know Caveat emptor

The immigration department have annoyed me.

Mrs WW is an immigrant and is currently going through the process to get her second Further Leave to Remain. It's a stressful and costly process and of course her remaining here depends on it. Her current visa ran out at the end of April and we had been going through the process of getting the new visa in March (you have to apply before it runs out) but of course C19 put a stop to everything as all the centres you have to physically go to are shut. Anyway, today the immigration people sent an email requesting prof she's lived at this address for the last 2 months. That's a hassle as of course as all the documents we'd assembled were for the application we were trying to submit in March so are all out of date now as they now want documents from the last 2 months.

Grrrrr....

1591966132512.png

This country has to be the worst in the world for red tape. :banghead:

I'm tempted to reply to them saying "Where have we been since March, at home."

This is what they say...

"We are now in the process of assessing your application. Our interim assessment of your application has indicated that we now require you to scan or clearly photograph and email the below documentation to our email address FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk

· Documentary evidence to show that you have resided at the same address as your sponsor for the last 2 months for example utility bills, council tax, tenancy agreement if applicable or recent bank statements"

But of course they haven't stated how many documents they want. Often they want two documents from list A and three from list B, something like that. This time they're vague and if I send them one bank statement from each of us will that be enough?

Grrrrr...

Ordered some beer delivery for today from Beer52... Its now 2:40 and heard nothing with the tracking, something gives me the impression its not coming today... 15 minutes on hold so far

Finally got through to them, apparently it will be with me in 24 hours, and if I wanted anything more up to date I could try contacting the courier... Useless. £5.95 delivery as well

Finally got through to them, apparently it will be with me in 24 hours, and if I wanted anything more up to date I could try contacting the courier... Useless. £5.95 delivery as well

I once spoke to someone who explained that 24 hours was 3 days. It maybe 3 working days but that's not how most people would interpret "It'll be with you in 24 hours."

With the zoo's opening, ( ZSL particularly) I went to see what was what on the pre-book site.
It's been a bit of a farce up to now, but this time I got straight in after signing in to my fellow account..
No tickets available!

I logged out went back in again, loads of tickets available IF I pay as a member of the public.
Now I understand their need to start getting money BUT
WAMT? I've already paid! I'm not paying twice!

Our most local wildlife park (Wildwood, Escot) is opening on Monday for members only. Can't see anything anywhere that says we need to book so will just turn up in hope! Planning a few other chores to do during the trip so won't be a totally wasted journey if we can't get in.

Finally got through to them, apparently it will be with me in 24 hours
I ordered an Otterbox iPhone case and paid extra for next day delivery. I didn’t realise at the time they used UPS, who have always been rubbish in my book. Arrived 5 days after ordering (weekend in between), which was acceptable for meeting next day by UPS standards.

Back