WAMT....what annoyed me today!

There have been several other cases like this and in every case the taxi drivers were fined, some more heavily than in the one above.

It's happening a lot more regularly than is reported on both taxis and buses. Buses driving straight past because the driver can't be bothered to put the ramp out seems to be a favourite here on the Isle of Wight (they have to be deployed manually). Three times in the last two years, it happened to me and reporting it is a waste of time as it's just brushed under the carpet and ignored.

On the last occasion it happened; it was the last bus of the night so I was ready with a cree torch in my hand. As the bus showed no sign of slowing down or indicating to pull over I pointed my torch straight at the driver's face and waved it about. He stopped about twenty feet past the stop, opened the door and said; 'Sorry mate, I didn't see you there'. As well as flashing LED lights, my wheelchair, me and the dog were dressed in bright yellow hi-vis gear - you could probably spot us from the ISS. :mad:

The disabled have to tolerate far more than you can imagine, but very little gets reported because it's rare that anything is ever done about it. I'm not just talking about people in wheelchairs either - abuse is rife and there are very few people that can be turned to for help.

Last edited:
WAMT is probably an Understatement today. New two day old car, VS a skip in an adjacent parking bay, clipped the skip while reversing. The excess I now have to pay, would have gone towards a new camera that I had been looking at. Not feeling very good at the moment. :mad::(

WAMT is probably an Understatement today. New two day old car, VS a skip in an adjacent parking bay, clipped the skip while reversing. The excess I now have to pay, would have gone towards a new camera that I had been looking at. Not feeling very good at the moment. :mad::(

Ouch!!!!!! :banghead:

The first day the neighbours were commenting on what a nice colour the car is. It is now embarrassing, explaining how it happened, when neighbours ask. :oops: :$

Prime delivery, just dumped downstairs and did not come up and knock on the door. If I could find an email department I'd complain to them as their delivery sucks.

normally their 'Your item has been delivered' mail has a feedback link in it.

Although their new one time passcode system seems OTT

Last edited:
normally their 'Your item has been delivered' mail has a feedback link in it.

Although their new one time passcode system seems OTT

I had to use the one off password for a lens I bought last week.
Good idea, but not so great if the delivery bloke doesn't understand English.
Had to write it down in the end, left it on the garden wall because he only had a chin hammock on.

Generally I find Amazon the best.
I have one parcel and apparently 2 "replacements" all sitting in Hermes depot,
This all began around the 5th of this month

I had to use the one off password for a lens I bought last week.
Good idea, but not so great if the delivery bloke doesn't understand English.
Had to write it down in the end, left it on the garden wall because he only had a chin hammock on.

It’s a good idea, but the execution is poor. As well as the issues you had the one time I’ve had to use it the passcode showed up after the guy had bought my new TV and had to return with it

WAMY was one car taking up all 3 disabled parking spaces at the surgery that was doing the covid jabs. The car was parked at an angle across all the spaces and was still there when we left 1/2 an hour later. Didn't make any difference to me since all I wanted to do was drop Mrs Nod and her Mum off for the jab then pick them up afterwards but this person's selfishness meant that they had to walk 100+ yards each way, as did every other 80+ year old who was getting the jab between 14:55 and 15:25, some of who were even less able than Mrs Nod's Mum.

Keying a car is strictly illegal - if a witness sees you doing it... :naughty: :exit:

Non damaging way to teach them a lesson is to remove all four tyre valve caps and then jam the valves down so that all four tyres become flat.

I was mildly annoyed, more for people who really needed to park very close to the surgery. Certainly not annoyed enough to key the car or let its tyres down, especially since the driver or passenger were probably disabled.

You could post a photo of it on social media.
If they can drive, they'll have been taught how to bay park.

I don't "do" social media (other than this forum) and didn't have a camera with me (not even a phone - I'd left it beside my chair!)

You could post a photo of it on social media.
If they can drive, they'll have been taught how to bay park.
not if they passed mores than 20 years ago. Parallel parking was the only parking requirement and therefore the only thing taught

1st time I've had a Christmas type week ( this week) off in 6 years,
And we went into tier 4 over the week end...
Some one up there hates me :(

She wouldn't dare!

I don't remember even having to do that.
Me either.
All I remember for that was reversing around a corner on my near side.
And parking close to a curb just before doing a 3 point turn ( or turn around using forward and reverse gears as I think its call nowadays)

Can't remember 40 years ago for certain but I THINK I had to parallel park as part of the test. Might have just needed to do so after the test.

Forty eight years ago I had to do a three point turn and reverse around a corner.
As it happened I had to parallel park into a small space at the end and I remember that the examiner was impressed.

I had to check that there was enough water in the boiler before descending a hill. ;)

Only joking, I'm not that old, but some mornings I feel like I am!

Annoyed doesn't do my feelings justice about this, :mad:

I was listening to Five Live this morning when a distraught lady called in. On September 19th a Sikh wedding took place in Birmingham. The lady's mother didn't want to go because of the risk of getting Covid but a dominant person in the family put pressure on her..so much so she attended and contracted Covid and died 4 weeks later. After the event the guests went back to their homes all over the country. Apart from the tragic death of the lady in these circumstances what made me more angry was the person who, basically, put so much emotional pressure on her to go . These self-appointed Hauptsturmfuhrers, which most families can identify, cause no end of unhappiness and misery. My mother had an elder sister who lorded it over her siblings and it's why I never do anything I don't want to. Infact, I get satisfaction in not taking part in whatever someone is 'requesting'...expecting compliance.

It's really worth a listen. Even the presenter was upset. He asked her what the family thought of her speaking on 5-Live about it. They didn't like it. She must have told them she was going to do it. She names the places where the guests returned to ..no doubt,in some cases spreading the virus.

There's a strange [ i.e. non resident ] car parked next door - yes in the street.

Definitely doesn't belong to the owners of the house - their 2 cars are as usual parked at their gate. This has been here before [ during the late summer] and was parked then for 2 weeks !! Wonder when it will go this time.

What lock down ?? I didn't know it was Christmas Day today

A niece deciding to come down to stay with her parents for commercialmas - from London.

Far worse was her visiting her 91 year old grandmother as part of her (niece) SW tour.

I wish these folk would realise that they are putting other people in danger !!

Sky Broadband. Appears to be down across the country. Just hope it's fixed by the morning as I'm back "at" work tomorrow.

Needed to visit a doctor today but the local surgery wouldn't see me telling me that the old system had been abandoned. No mention of Covid measures..it's very low here anyway. To see a doctor now requires being registered with the surgery. My wife and I have been to the surgery on previous occasions..we've been coming here for many years.I was told to call my own surgery. We're here ..Sw Cornwall ..for a month.Two weeks have already gone . We were unable to come in November due to lockdowns. My own doctor told me to do this if my condition didn't improve so I assume if someone from down here visiting Gloucester would be seen by a doctor at my surgery. Fortunately,I'll cope until we return. The nearest A&E is in Penzance should it come to that for a non-local.

Back