WAMT....what annoyed me today!

The effect on cargo shipments out of LGW never makes the news.
Not sexy enough.

t***s who live near airports and moan!!!

From the BBC -

The campaign group Communities Against Gatwick Noise Emission (CAGNE) has described today's events as "an early Christmas present for those that suffer aircraft noise".

It says it doesn't condone the flying of drones near airports, but said tens of thousands of residents today "enjoyed some respite from the aircraft motorways above their homes that usually, in part, blight their lives day and night".

Er.... now fine, if you happen to be in your 80s and moved there 60 years ago (although you could always move out), but am betting most people have lived there for less than 30 years when... guess what, Gatwick has been a busy airport!!! What sort of t*** moves near an airport and moans about it??

And... the idiots at the CAA who are also doing their best to ruin airshows!!!

The Civil Aviation Authority said it considered this event to be an "extraordinary circumstance", and therefore airlines were not obligated to pay any financial compensation to passengers.

Well, couldn't most things be considered extraordinary?

I live about 29 miles from the airport, and have been in the area for a very long time, the noise can be deafening at times even
at this distance, but as I said previously you tend to get used to it and it's just background noise
But in the past few years they have been flying later at night, right into the early hours of the morning, sometimes there
seems very little break in it so I can see that living really close could be a nightmare

Last edited:
I live about 29 miles from the airport, and have been in the are for a very long time, the noise can be deafening at times even
at this distance, but as I said previously you tend to get used to it and it's just background noise

In-laws live in Ealing and regularly get flights into Heathrow going over... They don't even notice it whereas when I visit it's very disruptive. As you say, people get used to the background noise.

Amazon. Again. Wanted to make Turkish Delight this week. Couldn't find the stuff I needed in the stores so ordered off Amazon. Have Prime so it came today. Normally they leave it in the porch. Today, for some reason, they didn't. I didn't need it for tomorrow so redelivery on wednesday is fine. Just annoying.

It seems that every idiot and his brother ( and sister) were on the roads early this morning!

Every time I caught a car up to overtake, cruise set at "around" the legal limit, they had to put their foot down.
The "best one" was up to 90 mph from circa 65mph, I let him have that one as I was in the van.
Had I been in the hooligan machine I would have left him for dead ;)

Then there was the overtakers that go flying past, and I catch them a mile or two down the road ...

Oh well ... I hadn't realised it was a full moon :D

I'm afraid I can't relate to the mother-in-law jokes as I got on with both of mine far better than I did with their daughters. :exit:

Only ever had one MiL and we get on fine. Always got on well with girlfriends' mothers in the past too.

WAMT - Every single sod who told me its so unfair that I had to work christmas eve and boxing day... all without realising people like them are the reason I have to. Bloody retail.

WAMT - Every single sod who told me its so unfair that I had to work christmas eve and boxing day... all without realising people like them are the reason I have to. Bloody retail.

You have my sympathy, why do shops need to open on Boxing day, what is so important ?
The amount of food I have seen in trollies makes me wonder what could possibly so urgent
that someone will starve without it ?
Not going near any shops tomorrow

Agree, no one is going to starve if they can't get to the shops for a couple of days.

I find it odd that even though shops are hardly closed at all over Christmas some people still go bonkers and shop as if everything was about to run out.

Off to have smoked haddock, poached eggs and champagne (well, something very similar).

Hope everyone has a good day.

Dave

Set up the Amazon Echo this morning and all was good for the 1st 20 minutes. Then Alexa start with "I'm having trouble understanding...". Turns out it's not only me, Amazon's servers appear to be down! :rolleyes:

Dell laptop from Amazon bought as a Xmas gift,on setup started struggling to attach to wi-fi etc and took ages to finish.Locked up and restarted two or three times.
Finally get it to windows and check the event log,several alerts a lot of them critical scroll down the list to see ones logged on the 27/09/2018.
This has obviously been sold before and returned faulty to Dell,checking the service tag shows it was registered on the 23/09/2018.
How has this been resealed and sold as new by Amazon without even being checked.

Being given the 6th remote control helicopter in 5 years...despite saying several times to the family members involved that I don’t like/enjoy them...(the bit that annoys me is the waste of money involved)

Realising I need to go to Tesco today, not been around much over the last week and my fridge is empty apart
from a few slices of cold turkey and ham I bought home from xmas day out , and a mouldy loaf in the bread bin :(

DHL parcel uk delivering a parcel unsigned at 7am that I had previously refused, as the order was cancelled with supplier several days before they shipped it, and now claiming it is my problem to run around the county to arrange its return.

DHL parcel uk delivering a parcel unsigned at 7am that I had previously refused, as the order was cancelled with supplier several days before they shipped it, and now claiming it is my problem to run around the county to arrange its return.

Toni's link about unsolicitored goods might apply, but it debatable.

However, if you cancelled the goods and, I assume, haven't been charged and have proof then, to cover yourself, you could contact the company, explain what has happened making sure they know it is their fault the goods arrived and get them to arrange for their collection at your convenience. I see no reason why you should have to do anything to return the goods, other than to make them available for collection at a time that is acceptable to you.

If you do this I'd be tempted to phone and email to make sure they have received your correspondence.

Dave

Sadly it’s a German supplier and paid online up front so the sales of unsolicited goods thing isn’t worth persuing as German domestic level law differs from our interpretation of the various eu directives and generally they don’t waiver in how they apply it...

I contacted dhl parcel uk(uk Mail now under dhl ownership effectively) again, and having explained to them I regard it as flytipping as previously refused, they are sending the driver to collect it...will see if they do. If not I now have a returns label and will run around at the weekend with it...

A defibrillator was stolen locally today, to say I am p***ed off is an understatement, a lot of fund raising and man hours went into getting it there in the first place in the hope that someone’s life might one day be saved.

Stuck in traffic on the M11 on NYDay. Traffic was halted to deal with an accident. Stationary for at least 30 mins while vehicles moved to hard shoulder. What annoyed me was the ambulance, going in between the 2 lanes of stationary traffic. A few minutes prior to this two fire engines and a traffic vehicle had gone up the hard shoulder at reasonable speed (guessing 30 or 40 mph), and after the ambulance, a couple of cop cars dod the same. Yet the ambulance was taking its time as it needed to wait for people to move to either side, so average speed was 5mph. Unless I am missing something, what's that all about? Isn't that the reason for the hard shoulder??

A defibrillator was stolen locally today, to say I am p***ed off is an understatement, a lot of fund raising and man hours went into getting it there in the first place in the hope that someone’s life might one day be saved.
R'soles :(

There was a report recently, before Christmas about the amount of defibs that have been stolen in the past year.
I can't remember the details now, but it was a shocking ( sorry no pun intended ) amount.

WAMT?
Drivers, bloody drivers.
(i) Why do people have to speed up while they are being overtaken, from a sedate circa 65 mph to +80 mph. ( I was curious as to how fast they would go :D )
Or you catch them up pull out to over take and they are off like Usain, only to slow down a mile of so later ... rinse and repeat.

(ii) Yellow ( this time) van man. decided to force his way between me and the car in front, a steady 70 mph "convoy" overtaking lorries on the A11,
He decided at his ( circa) 60 mph that he wanted to be in front of me, despite the fact that there was nothing behind me....

When he eventually pulled back over It seems he was so grateful for me letting me out that he invited me for coffee ( Gareth hunt style) he wasn't really my type
but nonetheless I thanked him for the kind offer by blowing him a kiss (y)

There was a report recently, before Christmas about the amount of defibs that have been stolen in the past year.
I can't remember the details now, but it was a shocking ( sorry no pun intended ) amount.
Why would you want to steal them anyway? I wouldn't have thought there was much demand for them on the black market, or do they serve another purpose I don't know about.

or do they serve another purpose I don't know about.
I'm sure if Dr Frankenstein had had one it would have cut his work load in half!

I *think* they are worth quite a few quid ...Black market AKA eBay perhaps?

Last time I looked (5 or 6 years ago) they were around £1k to £1.8k depending on model and features.

Quite where the second hand market is for them I don’t know...

Why would you want to steal them anyway? I wouldn't have thought there was much demand for them on the black market, or do they serve another purpose I don't know about.

I'm sure if Dr Frankenstein had had one it would have cut his work load in half!

I *think* they are worth quite a few quid ...Black market AKA eBay perhaps?

Last time I looked (5 or 6 years ago) they were around £1k to £1.8k depending on model and features.

Quite where the second hand market is for them I don’t know...

Is it perhaps a bit like "building plant & machinery" & "agricultural machines" stolen for export in containers to third world countries. I.e. the market for such stolen kit is not UK/EU.

But as commented on, the scroats who stole them deserve to be....................in need of one in a place one has been stolen!!!

Back