WBMT.....What baffled me today

Why would the empire put some tentacle monster inside their rubbish compactor?
It started as a little micro-organism from some somewhere and just grew larger and larger on the rich pickings (y)

Does Mr Handcock not realise where the county of Rutland is?
Who in their right mind leaves it in a different tier to those counties surrounding it.

It makes about as much sense as every thing else at the moment :rolleyes:

You know how Google track everything and the ads we see get tailored to what we've looked at or bought recently?

That's what I thought and would explain why I see adverts for cameras, lenses, cars and lately hifi but there's one site I go to and it consistently shows me ads for women's bikinis. They're beautiful young women with fantastic bodies and they do look lovely in those stylish and very reasonably priced bikinis and the pictures are all acceptable, none in bad taste or too revealing etc. but why am I'm seeing this? I've never ever Googled "women's bikini."

Maybe they just think I need cheering up :D

It's now changed to hifi but those women in bikinis will be back soon.

PS.
Maybe they think I need to take more interest in women, as all I look at is cameras, lenses, hifi etc... Do they not know I'm married?

Last edited:
You know how Google track everything and the ads we see get tailored to what we've looked at or bought recently?

That's what I thought and would explain why I see adverts for cameras, lenses, cars and lately hifi but there's one site I go to and it consistently shows me ads for women's bikinis. They're beautiful young women with fantastic bodies and they do look lovely in those stylish and very reasonably priced bikinis and the pictures are all acceptable, none in bad taste or too revealing etc. but why am I'm seeing this? I've never ever Googled "women's bikini."

PS.
Maybe they think I need to take more interest in women, as all I look at is cameras, lenses, hifi etc... Do they not know I'm married?
Must be the new Google mind reading feature.... :LOL:

People! why can't they get a little awarness of what is going on around them?

Because 95% of the population are too stupid. :banghead:

Misanthrope? Me? Nah, just don't like people much . . . :rolleyes:

WBMT?
People driving as though they are the only ones on the road..
I needed supplies, so I headed to my local shops.

People pulling out of side turnings, or pulling around park cars without looking,
and going around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road.

I counted an assorted 5 and that was on a less than 2 mile journey ..
:rolleyes:

WBMT?
People driving as though they are the only ones on the road..
I needed supplies, so I headed to my local shops.

People pulling out of side turnings, or pulling around park cars without looking,
and going around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road.

I counted an assorted 5 and that was on a less than 2 mile journey ..
:rolleyes:
They are out to get you....... I would stay in if I were you......

PS.
Mrs Woof Woof's search, perhaps. I got a lot of ads for what turned out to be an Xmas Pressie.

Last edited:
shows me ads for women's bikinis. They're beautiful young women with fantastic bodies and they do look lovely in those stylish and very reasonably priced bikinis
I get those occasionally, it seems that I now need a new prom dress

:D

Well, to be fair, you have outgrown the old one...

:p

You caught me just in time .....
:D

Very honest of you when you could have said "deposit £50 to my account or your eyes will never forget what they'll see."

Actually, you could still say that couldn't you.

One word -
Mank*ni!!!

Happy New Year!

:puke:

People

That's what baffled me today, fnucking people, as it does most days TBH. Out for a walk and there was a group photo being taken so I walked round them so as not to get in shot, a few hundred metres further on I stopped to take a snap and the whole group, who had watched me walk round them, paraded in front of me while I was holding the camera up and I had stepped off the broad, obvious path so there was plenty of room to go behind me. Then at a style a woman had gone over the style just stopped right at the bottom of the style to take a photo, again plenty of room to move to one side but no, just stop and block the style while she faffed about with her phone. Another group walking along a pavement slowly so I walked up the road to pass them and maintain some distance, just as I was passing they decided to cross the road, couldn't wait 1 second for me to pass, just stepped off the pavement and nearly bumped into me.

People! why can't they get a little awarness of what is going on around them?

Yep, it seems quite a few folks walk (or drive) around without either noticing any other person exists(in the real world) or with a vision range of about 3 feet. However, fortunately there are also many who are aware.

Dave

it seems quite a few folks walk (or drive) around without either noticing any other person exists
Perhaps they came from somewhere else...

Last edited:
Mrs WW sometimes sees adverts on facebook and asks me to order stuff but when I look at the seller (companies not individuals) it often raises worries. Today she passed me something from someone I'd never heard of and Googling showed an absolute avalanche of complaints. Usually when I look I can find the exact thing or if not something that'll do from a more reputable seller and thankfully that happened again today, and at a cheaper price too. Down from £19.99 from Mr Dodgy to £5.99 from someone we've heard of for something that looks to be the exact same thing.

I just get a bit baffled by people, not just Mrs WW as I've seen others doing this too, seeing ads on social media and losing any sense and ability to double check.

I may be an innocent but FB would never be my first choice if I wanted to buy something. Maybe I'm wrong.

They don't seem to be trying very hard these days

View attachment 304761

I have been getting a few very believable emails from 123-reg about account on stop, but checked the sending email and looked dodgy and then logged in from web - al ok. Some of these are easy to spot but not all.

Mrs WW sometimes sees adverts on facebook and asks me to order stuff but when I look at the seller (companies not individuals) it often raises worries. Today she passed me something from someone I'd never heard of and Googling showed an absolute avalanche of complaints. Usually when I look I can find the exact thing or if not something that'll do from a more reputable seller and thankfully that happened again today, and at a cheaper price too. Down from £19.99 from Mr Dodgy to £5.99 from someone we've heard of for something that looks to be the exact same thing.

I just get a bit baffled by people, not just Mrs WW as I've seen others doing this too, seeing ads on social media and losing any sense and ability to double check.

I may be an innocent but FB would never be my first choice if I wanted to buy something. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes agree with you there I see a lot of ads I wish there was a way to block all ads on Facebook

Yes agree with you there I see a lot of ads I wish there was a way to block all ads on Facebook
Opera has an extension to block facebook ads. Come to that so does FF.

its not 100 % but it seems to take out a lot of the crap.

Opera has an extension to block facebook ads. Come to that so does FF.

its not 100 % but it seems to take out a lot of the crap.
Thanks didn’t know about that will have a look

WBMT is how some people are still allowed to drive. Had to take Mrs Nod's Mum to her 2nd jab and waited in the car while she was being "done" and waiting the required 15 minutes afterwards. Actually moved the car to the inside of the natural curve of the car park to reduce the likelihood of one of the recently jabbed (or soon to be jabbed) running into it. At least 50% of the cars they were driving bore evidence of scrapes - mainly corners but a few doors too.

Footballers and their hair.

How come so many footballers have silly hair cuts? Maybe because no one tells a multi millionaire they look ridiculous? If this came from me it'd be easy to explain as I have hair but no style to it because I don't care. This came from the much more style conscious Mrs WW :D

While I'm on the subject of footballists. How come so many of them have shaved legs? Does anyone know any non footballist men who shave their legs? Or don't? I don't think I do know any men who shave their legs but it's something that's difficult to check.

If you're a man... do you shave your legs? I don't.

Just wondered :D

Last edited:
Footballers and their hair.

How come so many footballers have silly hair cuts? Maybe because no one tells a multi millionaire they look ridiculous? If this came from me it'd be easy to explain as I have hair but no style to it because I don't care. This came from the much more style conscious Mrs WW :D

While I'm on the subject of footballists. How come so many of them have shaved legs? Does anyone know any non footballist men who shave their legs? Or don't? I don't think I do know any men who shave their legs but it's something that's difficult to check.

If you're a man... do you shave your legs? I don't.

Just wondered :D

Cyclists do.

For football I guess it could be they think it looks better (?) and I think less chance of a cut getting infected and or easier to treat.

Cyclists do.

For football I guess it could be they think it looks better (?) and I think less chance of a cut getting infected and or easier to treat.

Damn You! :D

I suppose if there's a practical reason I can't just keep on thinking of them as style conscious self obsessed posers and big girls blouses.

Actually that only explains their legs and all the above can still count for their silly hair cuts :D

Cyclists do - well pros anyway, because it supossed to make treating/healing road rash easier - less risk of infection. I have also heard that it makes the post ride massage less painful on the skin, I guess if you do 21 days of a Grand tour then every little helps. Supposedly someone has conducted wind tunnel testing an shown a that shaved legs were more aero dynamic than unshaven.
I suppose the theory of infection could transfer to footballers

Supposedly someone has conducted wind tunnel testing an shown a that shaved legs were more aero dynamic than unshaven.
I suppose the theory of infection could transfer to footballers

Ahhh I guess that explains why I am not as fast as think I should be [emoji849]

Dunno about football but some rugby players are sporting ridiculous mullets, there seems to one in most teams(pro 14 Anyway) maybe a secret contest we don’t know about.

Dunno about football but some rugby players are sporting ridiculous mullets, there seems to one in most teams(pro 14 Anyway) maybe a secret contest we don’t know about.

I have always been baffled by the Adam Ant style sun cream cricketers use

The black is supposed to reduce glare, the white is a Zinc Oxide sun block.

We've had some great subs from Sainsbury's. Out of stock of small packs of basic tomatoes but a larger pack of taste the difference ones subbed - at the cheaper price. No small pizza so a large one subbed. No small bag of easy peeler citrus - we got a crate! IIRC there have only been 2 or 3 subs that we've rejected.

We've had some great subs from Sainsbury's. Out of stock of small packs of basic tomatoes but a larger pack of taste the difference ones subbed - at the cheaper price. No small pizza so a large one subbed. No small bag of easy peeler citrus - we got a crate! IIRC there have only been 2 or 3 subs that we've rejected.
Yes we have had some sensible ones from Sainsburys too. They are pretty good when substituting more expensive products for cheaper stuff, unlike an Ocado delivery where they subsituted a multi-pack of 6 very expensive tinned chopped tomatoes for 2 cheaper tins we had ordered & billed us for the more expensive pack. That was the last Ocado order we placed.

Sainsbury's charge for the cheaper option. Well, they charge for the more expensive but refund the difference pretty much immediately.

Had a couple of things damaged in transit, both of which were spotted by the driver (who told us about them both times too). One was a packet of cakes which fell out of the box and he trod on a corner and the other was a single carton of yoghurt in an 8 pack that had leaked. We kept both items (5 of the cakes and 7 of the yoghurts were still absolutely fine) and he refunded them both.

Delivery time is fun... gets sorted into 3 piles while unpacking, then we have to find freezer/fridge space for Mrs Nod's Mum's stuff and deliver next door's stuff. Takes a while (the delivery) since we're pretty much the only face to face (at 3m+) contact she has.

I really miss in-store food shopping! I love food and actually enjoy picking out fresh ingredients. Hopefully soon...

We had a milk carton leak, the contents of a whole crate were swimming. The Sainsburys C&C man refunded us the entire crate of goods & said we could keep them. One ot two items were beyond salvage but most things were fine after being washed.

I miss being able to browse the shelves looking for new things to try & the occasional bargain. We have become disciplined in making a list & updating our order the night before, we used to just wander..... We used to buy a lot of fresh produce from Aldi but haven't set foot in there since March 2020. On a positive note we accumulated £120 worth of Nectar points last year.

We had a milk carton leak, the contents of a whole crate were swimming. The Sainsburys C&C man refunded us the entire crate of goods & said we could keep them. One ot two items were beyond salvage but most things were fine after being washed.

I miss being able to browse the shelves looking for new things to try & the occasional bargain. We have become disciplined in making a list & updating our order the night before, we used to just wander..... We used to buy a lot of fresh produce from Aldi but haven't set foot in there since March 2020. On a positive note we accumulated £120 worth of Nectar points last year.

I'm one of the rare breed of blokes ...seems you're the same...who actually enjoy going into large supermarkets. When we went to France I always looked forward to going to Carrefour. Everything is in order..neat rows of whatever all lined up. Bit sad, I know... :rolleyes: :D

We now do a Sainsburys click 'n collect if we can't get a delivery slot but we aren't having any problem getting a slot. Not the same ,though..as you say.

Back