WBMT.....What baffled me today

B...b...b...b...but it's black friday so that MUST be a bargain!!!

WBMT?

Following on from my ordering my sunflower hearts yesterday at £24.99 for 25.1kg (normal price has been £31.99) todays stunning Black Friday deal is 10% off orders under £60 or 15% off over £60 but the price is now £39.99 for 25.1kg!

Do I need to ask if they are taking the p?

Market forces, supply and demand, but above all, yes that does sound like urine extraction to me.

B...b...b...b...but it's black friday so that MUST be a bargain!!!

... and today's price is back to £31.99, hope no-one bought any over the weekend!

Why can't we just give the Greeks their marbles back? We've played with them long enough. They won't lend us their football!

Why can't we just give the Greeks their marbles back? We've played with them long enough. They won't lend us their football!
Indeed, take A decent set of plaster casts for the British museum and no one looking at them would notice any difference.

WBMT?
Amazon have various delivery details ie handed to resident, left in safe place and more.
Why don't they add the reality one?
knocked on door, put parcel on the step, back in the van, half way down the road, before he even got to the front door?

I always get 'handed to resident' even when they've dumped it on the doorstep or failed to deliver it. :mad:

I always get 'handed to resident' even when they've dumped it on the doorstep or failed to deliver it. :mad:
Thankfully they always deliver. ( That's gone and done it no doubt) But yes its the same here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
My fixed rate electric contract ran out in November and yesterday i phoned my supplier to set up a new one that have bombarded me with emails about.
Explained what I wanted to talk about and he said he was new to the job and needed to talk to his supervisor and left me hanging on for ages.
When he came back he told me I couldn't have a fixed rate contract as I had never had one as I don't have a smart meter
I explained the reason was I was told they could fit one but never knew why but I did still have a fixed rate 2 year plan.
A lot of hopeless discussion later and he agreed to get someone out to check and if it was possible I could then go on a fixed plan but at the new rate that is coming in January, but mot on the rate offered now, told him to forget it I get a quote elsewhere :headbang:
This morning |I rang them again and got a really helpful lady who had no idea what he was on about and yes I could have a new contract starting tomorrow and they would get someone to check the meter, she then found that the one I spoke to yesterday had already booked someone to come out in January
One wonders who these companies are employing and why no training even their so called supervisors

I'm dreading Mrs Nod retiring - but only because her work is what reminds us what day it is!!! Slightly oddly, we both enjoy Monday mornings - no crack-of-sparrow-fart start!

The days.............. it could be Wednesday, possibly Thursday, maybe Friday..... could be January, I'm not sure. :thinking:
When you retire, it's the same :D

WBMT? Why are they selling 2023 calendars in our local QED shop?

I tried to book a holiday, so my credit card was blocked????? I rang them, took aaaaaaages to sort out due to "security" and was told that it would be working OK within 5 to 10 minutes. Seven hours later and my card is still blocked! Doh! At least nobody is stealing my hard earned. Even I can't get to it! Nor can Paypal, Amazon or Ebay, who should be able to! GRRRRRRRRRR.

Last edited:
WBMT? Why are they selling 2023 calendars in our local QED shop?

'34 has (I think!) the same calendar, although moveable feasts might be different!

I ordered a couple of y-things from Amazon last Thursday, one was supposed to arrive on the 3rd January, the other on the 6th.
First one, delivered by Amazon, arrived on Friday
Second on, supposed to arrive next Saturday, delivered by Royal Mail, may have arrived yesterday :thinking:
I was working in the charity shop and got ho,e to find a card saying that had been unable to deliver and would try again tomorrow, didn't realise they were working (doubt they are) and says there are 2 items :thinking:

Air Up water bottles. The wifey bought me one with some "flavour" pods. I assumed , as did she i think, the pods actually flavoured the water. But no. You attach them around the drinking straw and all they do is release a scent based on a "flavour" So i have a coke one on now and it does indeed give a whiff of coke (cola) when you initlaly suck on it but thats it, your clearly just drinking water.

But they seem all the rage. Its an overpriced plastic water bottle with a smell pod attached. I dont get it.

and it does indeed give a whiff of coke
I tried snorting coke through a straw, once.

But the bubbles went up my nose and made me sneeze

:coat:

I bought some new gloves. There's quite a big tag inside the left hand glove, nothing in the right. It irritates me. Who would put a large scratchy tag inside a glove?

Not sure - but their name is probably on the tag...

Air Up water bottles. The wifey bought me one with some "flavour" pods. I assumed , as did she i think, the pods actually flavoured the water. But no. You attach them around the drinking straw and all they do is release a scent based on a "flavour" So i have a coke one on now and it does indeed give a whiff of coke (cola) when you initlaly suck on it but thats it, your clearly just drinking water.

But they seem all the rage. Its an overpriced plastic water bottle with a smell pod attached. I dont get it.

It's just another of those things promoted by the latest non entity celebrity that you just have to have to pad their bank balance.

Not sure - but their name is probably on the tag...

You'd think someone with an ounce of common sense would pipe up and explain why this is a stupid thing to do.

Years ago I used to work with a guy who's sister worked for one of the big European fashion brands. Their garments would pass through multiple design departments and every one had to change the design is some way. I suppose that says a lot and might go some way to explaining why some things brands do are so daft.

I bought some new gloves. There's quite a big tag inside the left hand glove, nothing in the right. It irritates me. Who would put a large scratchy tag inside a glove?
I surmise that, unless for some reason ill advised, the label is intended to be cut out/off.

Not gloves but a Gillet I have has it's wash care label inside one of the pockets.,.....such that the action of inserting ones hand into the pocket and pulling the hand out drags the label outside :(

You'd think someone with an ounce of common sense would pipe up and explain why this is a stupid thing to do.

Years ago I used to work with a guy who's sister worked for one of the big European fashion brands. Their garments would pass through multiple design departments and every one had to change the design is some way. I suppose that says a lot and might go some way to explaining why some things brands do are so daft.
Conjures the expressions..

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Designed by a committee (when describing something awful!)

Victor Meldrew said:
I don't bloody believe it! the fireworks started at 6pm last night, and they were still going at 3 am this morning!
And they are off again, even though its hissing down!

That'll be a Platypus then (y)

Surely, the Platypus wasn't designed, it was just put together from the leftover bits.

Surely, the Platypus wasn't designed, it was just put together from the leftover bits.
Or so the recipients of the first preserved (taxidermy?) one sent back to England thought!

Or so the recipients of the first preserved (taxidermy?) one sent back to England thought!
For many years, I've held the opinion that the Platypus is absolute proof of evolution...

...whatever doesn't stop you reproducing gets kept and transmitted to your descendents.

The last of the fireworks here were at 2.00am. It's illegal after 1.00am re some exceptions which include New Year's Eve.

I thought I'd book a table at a restaurant on line. When it came to selecting the time I was given two choices, lunch and dinner. The table is yours for two hours, apparently. But what time is lunch and what time is dinner? Does everyone have to arrive at the start time? What start time? The web site doesn't say.

Oh for Gosh sake. Forget it. I'll pass.

Last edited:
I thought I'd book a table at a restaurant on line. When it came to selecting the time I was given two choices, lunch and dinner. The table is yours for two hours, apparently. But what time is lunch and what time is dinner? Does everyone have to arrive at the start time? What start time? The web site doesn't say. You just book lunch or dinner.

Oh for Gosh sake. Forget it. I'll pass.
IIRC I have booked similarly online.......one site I think I selected 'lunch' and that then opened up the select an arrival/table time. But if as you say the one you looked at did not show such clarity I too would have passed on it!

PS though the lunch & dinner service times were shown elsewhere but clearly visible.

Last edited:
I could have phoned them but I looked at the menu and nothing grabbed me and a review mentioned them being expensive whilst the food was nothing special. Oh well...

One place we go to fairly often has a similar system - once you choose which meal you want, you're given a choice of time slots.

In one of these threads I mentioned my lost Christmas present. My wife ordered it on December 17th. and by the 23rd it hadn't arrived so she contacted the Danish company who said they'd sent it to Evri with a tracking number. Evri Emailed her to say they were expecting it. On the 27th my wife had to contact the company again as it hadn't arrived. She contacted Evri again. I've lost track of the sequence but Evri said the tracking number wasn't recognised and they hadn't received it. My wife Emailed the company but no reply for a few days then a new tracking number that worked ok. "Parcel arrived in Bournemouth by International air.." A day or so later, "Parcel sent to London".."Parcel arrived in London" ."Evri received parcel" "Evri has put parcel out for delivery"

It still hasn't arrived. I have no idea what it is. I asked her if it was a book on "How to reduce your carbon footprint" :rolleyes:

At least we have no gate that the Evri driver can throw it over or a wheelie bin out front that it can put in and no hedges to put it under. It can only be left on the doorstep...unless anyone can think of anywhere else they leave them.

Last edited:
unless anyone can think of anywhere else they leave them.
Around here they leave them with an unspecified neighbour :rolleyes:

My postman (not ParcelFarce) delivered a huge, heavy box to me today. Twenty minutes later DPD turned up with a small envelope. :rolleyes:

Both from Amazon of course, but just where do they find these Muppets that organise this? :thinking:

Around here they leave them with an unspecified neighbour :rolleyes:

So they don't leave a card stating which neighbour ? I suppose if a neighbour takes it in they don't mind taking round. We get on fine with our neighbours but not everyone does. I recall someone on here telling us about an awful neighbour across the road who had a parcel left on their doorstep for him.

Back