WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT? G*lfing this morning in the dry, followed by a thunderstorm this afternoon to refill the water butts.

WCMUT, Nothing really. After a few bad days today's been ok and that in itself as got me on a bit of a high :D

Found a coffee shop that is doing take-away coffee. Had a coffee plus bun half-way through my constitutional this morning. My first caffeine since the beginning of March - three months! I was so high I could barely walk home.

The week of rain we've had here, my poor scorched grass is looking less orange!

(Never did I think I would be this bothered about a lawn)

More of a what made the missus chuckle yesterday.

She had to go into the office in London for the first time since lockdown (she works for the Met). a colleague picked her up and drove her in. As they got to Staples Corner at the end of the M1, some tit in a corsa was weaving about, trying to get in front of them. when he didn't succeed, he wound his window down and called her a c***! then she flipped the blues on and gave him a right mouthful. The missus said she'd never seen a bloke go from pure aggression to contrite so fast! :LOL:

Bike sailed through its MoT. Strange how the MoT station is 1.5 miles away but the milometer seems to have put on a little over 20 miles for the round trip... Would have been further but the smell of rain made getting home more important (didn't have waterproofs with me.)

Great news that Mums's home @Fuji Dave (y)
Its understandable that she is confused, hopefully she'll settle down now she's home :)

Bike sailed through its MoT. Strange how the MoT station is 1.5 miles away but the milometer seems to have put on a little over 20 miles for the round trip... Would have been further but the smell of rain made getting home more important (didn't have waterproofs with me.)

To add to this, although I could have safely stayed out for a while in the dry, had I done so, the bike would have been too hot to put the cover on before the (heavy! 2" circles on the conservatory roof) rain I could smell arrived.

Great news that Mums's home @Fuji Dave (y)
Its understandable that she is confused, hopefully she'll settle down now she's home :)

Thanks Chris, it was a great feeling to be able to hug Mum, and the smile on her face when she saw me said it all.

Is that the game where if a players hair gets blown out of place, they then roll about as if they have a broken leg :D
I'm pretty sure that they won't be allowed to kiss each other if they score a goal either :D

Not long until I pick up our Wagamama tea/supper/dinner/evening meal! Missed their katsu and stinky fish (chilli squid - according to Mrs Nod!)

A plumber turning up to sort something out without me reminding him o_O

Back in January I had the immersion replaced, beginning of the lockdown it stopped working :rolleyes:
Spoke to him but obviously it wasn't something that could be done immediately and not a
problem as there is a second heater that can be used

Roll on 3 months, doorbell goes and it's the plumber, all sorted now and no cost to me :D

Not that it cheered me up as such, it just made me smile.
I won a lucky dip on last last weeks lotto, that lucky dip
won me another lucky dip :LOL:

At this rate I must be in line for the jackpot .... Surely I must? :D

Getting busy with my new LG 17" laptop. It weighs just 1.3 Kg and allegedly runs for 18 hours on a charge! We shall see...

Back