WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Massive electrical storm just before mid night and it returned about 2am.
Not copious amounts of rain, but it'll save me watering the little trees today..

Massive electrical storm just before mid night and it returned about 2am.
Not copious amounts of rain, but it'll save me watering the little trees today..
Interesting, We got the rain here in the north of the new city of Milton Keynes at 1am, and the wind was gusting to 5Kph and as I believe you live in the south of the City which is about 6Km from me, that adds up.

Had to get the New City status in.

Pete

Interesting, We got the rain here in the north of the new city of Milton Keynes at 1am, and the wind was gusting to 5Kph and as I believe you live in the south of the City which is about 6Km from me, that adds up.

Had to get the New City status in.

Pete
Will they paint the redways purple now??

Last edited:
That is spot on (y)

Did we get it ? I've not heard as yet.
Another waste of money :(

Edited to add, yep seen it.
Why just why?
So every one can now say "we are going to the town centre shopping", as we have all called it the city centre for the last 50 odd years.

Well there will be lots of new road signs and of course the council will have to rebrand every thing that doesn't move and even some that do.

we are going to the town centre shopping"
:LOL:
As you said, everyone that has lived here for a "long time" has said, I'm going shopping up the city, and not CMK.

Well there will be lots of new road signs and of course the council will have to rebrand every thing that doesn't move and even some that do.
Exactly ( and more) what I've posted on a couple of the news hub sites ..

The "hanger reflex.""

Is it real? Google it, try it... I think it's real...

View: https://BANNED/schoppik/status/1526730086308794370

"Is the hanger reflex real?

The hanger reflex is a reflex seen in humans and first reported in 1991 in connection with treatment for spasmodic torticollis. When the head is circled with a wire clothes hanger, the hanger compresses the frontotemporal region and the head involuntarily rotates. It is not clear what causes this action."

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
The "hanger reflex.""

Is it real? Google it, try it... I think it's real...

View: https://BANNED/schoppik/status/1526730086308794370

"
Is the hanger reflex real?

The hanger reflex is a reflex seen in humans and first reported in 1991 in connection with treatment for spasmodic torticollis. When the head is circled with a wire clothes hanger, the hanger compresses the frontotemporal region and the head involuntarily rotates. It is not clear what causes this action."

Enjoy :D
Only if you are near a 5g mast and have Bill Gates’ chip inside you!

Only if you are near a 5g mast and have Bill Gates’ chip inside you!

Googling says it's real so it must be :D but... I would try it but we don't have any wire hangers. I've watched some vids and I sooooo want to try this :D

It's real. IF you wear it so the tip of the hook is a little off centre and you dangle a piece of chocolate/biscuit/cake/cheese off the hook and try to snag the noms!

Googling says there's also a compression effect with the torso. I so want to try this head test though but where to get a wire hanger from... :D

Well, it gave me a laugh...Nomophobia. Shortened from “no mobile phone phobia,” Describes a fear of not having your phone that’s so persistent and severe it affects daily life.:eek:

'Do you have trouble putting down your smartphone or feel anxious when you know you’ll lose service for a few hours? Do thoughts of being without your phone cause distress?

If so, it’s possible you could have nomophobia, an extreme fear of not having your phone or not being able to use it.'

Looking at all the great photos posted yesterday in the Photos Taken Today thread this morning, while feeling very rough after my Covid booster yesterday.

Last edited:
Well, it gave me a laugh...Nomophobia. Shortened from “no mobile phone phobia,” Describes a fear of not having your phone that’s so persistent and severe it affects daily life.:eek:

'Do you have trouble putting down your smartphone or feel anxious when you know you’ll lose service for a few hours? Do thoughts of being without your phone cause distress?

If so, it’s possible you could have nomophobia, an extreme fear of not having your phone or not being able to use it.'

I have the opposite to that, I have a fear of having my phone on me, it was caused by being on call for a large tech company, I hate the Nokia ring tone.:D

I have the opposite to that, I have a fear of having my phone on me, it was caused by being on call for a large tech company, I hate the Nokia ring tone.:D
May not be a phobia but Nomophilia, always look on the bright side

Well, yesterday actually. Living long enough to become a great-granddad. I didn't expect to live much past twenty-five due to health issues forty years ago . . .
Congrats Trevor (y)
( on both )

Reactions: Sky
WCMUT was discovering a new (to us!) ice cream shop on Exmouth sea front. Our usual hut was closed for some reason so we carried on a hundred yards or so and spotted a café/pattisserie/gelateria in a fairly new development and had a delicious cup of coffee and some really nice ice cream that was a cut above most.

...and getting home and the roof up before the recent opening of the heavens!!!

Hearing that the District Council have turned down planning permission for a McDonalds Drive through, not a single councillor voted for it (y)
Made me laugh when one of the locals commented about it being a shame that they are building loads of new house and not allowing permission for something to help with the infrastructure.
We need more school places, doctors, dentists etc. but hey let's build unhealthy fast food places first, then we can moan about the traffic chaos most of us realise it will probably cause

Last edited:
Just received a package from Italy, dispatched last night at 6.22pm arrived at my house in rural Scotland at 11.00am. :banana:
Somethings seem to work :)

A non-plan coming together, resulting in a roast dinner!

MOT pass. Still remember the worry that used to accompany the appointments!

Sunny afternoon Dragonfly watching :)
didn't manage any photos of them but it was nice sat in the sun watching them

So a trip to Longleat Safari park.

Day ticket paid for via Tesco Club card vouchers
We decided to take an annual membership as it's only 20 minutes away:
Discount because we are local
Discount on my ticket because I was 60 in December
Total cost for annual membership for both of us was £76.

Happy with that!

MOT pass. Still remember the worry that used to accompany the appointments!

Tell me about it..the worry,I mean....lol. My wife gets herself into a bit of a tizz..is that one z or two ..?..lol..Infact,in October 2020 the greatest joy she had re the new car was that she didn't have to face an MOT for three years and wants to buy another new one in 2023.

The MOT..it's the possible failure, has never been a problem for me because the way I look at it is that it's there to expose safety issues. I used to take my Prius and Audi A4 before that, to a garage where the MOT was a seperate business so no incentive to get a job done. The Prius never failed but the Audi required work after some tests and I was never asked if I wanted to book it in to have a job done nor was I steered to the tyre business three doors away when a tyre change was recommended..ok at the time but maybe in six months a new one would be required.

A funny tale. I recall the Prius failing the MOT one year. I was told, over the phone, there was a problem with the steering lock mechanism. I asked the tester to let the garage take a look. An hour later I got a call. All is ok,come and collect. The owner of the garage side said it's been sorted. It's passed the MOT. Great. How much is that ? "that's ok,no charge " I know the owner and asked what the problem was with it and he gave me a wry smile and said. "The Prius doesn't have a steering lock"

It had never occurrd to me because they have an electronic ignition fob and the wheels won't steer when the power is off...unless someone on here knows differently...

American politician Marjorie Taylor Greene, now she's always good for a laugh with the likes of her ranted about the Gazpacho Police instead of I presume the Gestapo.
here's her latest.
View: https://BANNED/i/status/1531024532231839744

Congresswoman MTG! Mad world :(.

But does she eat out of a "peach tree dish"?

But does she eat out of a "peach tree dish"?
Being the inter webs, I have to say Here! Here! I think you could (somebody probably has ) build a whole dictionary of words/phrases regularly mispelled on the internet because people have only heard and not read them! The aforementioned “Here!” and peek/peak for pique are very common and there are lots of others that I can’t think of at present but no doubt shall as soon as I lay down this pen. :(

Mute point for moot, which makes a kind of sense,

As does duel carriageway. Not forgetting all the Mondegreens.

As does duel carriageway. Not forgetting all the Mondegreens.

I suppose they all qualify as Lady Mondegreens, forgot about that, ta!

"My ears are alight..."

Back