What have you done with your camera today

Spent all afternoon in Dunham Massey Park photographing Deer relaxing in the sun.

I've cursed my camera today...my Ricoh GR suddenly developed a problem with the lens cover, and the camera is knackered as a result....

Uploaded some images to Flickr, from a 35mm film that I finished and developed yesterday, including this reflected usie:

15338120178_946aaee399_z.jpg

Been reading "The Street Photographer's Manual", 2014, by David Gibson.

Reading more of the Gibson book. Shot some Rollei Retro 400S in the Spotmatic around the town. Tried some reflection images in town centre. Just developed the film, and it's now drying.

Shot two frames of Acros early this morning when the weather here was ok for a while.

Not alot really, got the 6d our and the 60d at 5am and went in search of a sunrise and came home with nothing. haha

So put the 60 away and shot the lad running round the house and garden as hes a nutcase.

Loaded one with colour film for the autumn colours, but bad weather stops play atm.

Out at a friends 40th tonight. She's asked me to bring my camera. I have warned her that they won't be very good, as it's dark and I'll be partaking in alcoholic beverages.

Went to Arundel for the film meet with two Pentaxes, shot a couple of rolls of colour and one of black and white, mostly round the lake or the river, but a few carpet shots as I keep forgetting to turn the motor drive for my MX off, and then accidentally touching the button! Met up with nearly a dozen other filmies, led by @RaglanSurf and @Andysnap among others! Travelled part way back with @Andysnap before he departed in first class splendour for Crewe! Great day, worth celebrating (hic!).

Lost the second lens cap in two days. :( And discovered that genuine Pentax lens caps are anything from £6 to £20 each on the evil bay. Now poorer. :(:(

(Also went for a walk looking for autumn colours, and as for Paul, the sun immediately went in. :( )

Took my shiny new D750 to the Royal Festival Hall to see my SIL get her silly had and cloak on for her degree. Shot some video inside at 200mm handheld!

Today I took 1 of the memory cards out of the camera and took it to work. Shame on the card reader for not reading it due to its size. Last night was more interesting... I took a hundred 15 sec exposures of Pleiades.

Took my camera this morning to one of the local woods, hoping to get sun-through-autumn-tree shots, without much luck. Slightly worrying as it's the kind of place that has "Regular Police Patrols" signs plastered around, and I didn't want to get the wrong sort of attention. A bonus after last night's storm was that the Spanish Chestnut trees had shaken off all their sweet chestnuts, and there were more ripe chestnuts on the ground than I've ever seen before!

Discovered how much of a pain Eye-Fi cards can be to set up. Looking forward to ubiquitous wifi in all cameras.

Done some photos for work covering "High Tea'" at the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi.

Used the Fuji XT1 which I love, but swapping primes back and forth on one body was no fun :mad:

Did get my image in the national paper though :banana:

Done some photos for work covering "High Tea'" at the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi.

Used the Fuji XT1 which I love, but swapping primes back and forth on one body was no fun :mad:

Did get my image in the national paper though :banana:

Yourself or your photos?

Only joking. Nice one, well done you!! :clap:

Bought some Lego, and took some Halloween shots, purely for utter enjoyment!!

Woke up at four in the morning - realising that I had diluted fixer for 500 ml, not a litre - and that the wet film drying in the bathroom wasn't under developed but badly fixed. What a thing to wake me up. So, when I did get out of bed, corrected the strength of the fixer, and re-fixed and rinsed the film. Looks a bit better now.

Woke up at four in the morning - realising that I had diluted fixer for 500 ml, not a litre - and that the wet film drying in the bathroom wasn't under developed but badly fixed. What a thing to wake me up. So, when I did get out of bed, corrected the strength of the fixer, and re-fixed and rinsed the film. Looks a bit better now.
I wake up EVERY NIGHT with that exact thought! ;)

Actually, what woke me up at 1030am, was "Bloody hell, working nights all weekend". With that extra hour on Saturday! Making that lovely 12 1/2hr night shift into 13 1/2 hrs! Whoppeeee. :woot:
Guess I'll be eating some of these --->>>:jaffa:

Took a few photos on the Spotmatic at the car booty. Resisted buying a camera there. Uploaded a few scans from a recent day trip to Cambridge with the Bronica. Finally, I've hung a skinny wet thing above the bath and left it to drip.

Tried out my latest charity shop acquisition, a FirstFlex TLR camera. Japanese, and most likely about 60 years old. I can't find another quite like it on the Internet - but it clearly falls into a range of Japanese TLR cameras made mainly during the early 1950s under a range of brand names. Mine has an exposure counter, and automatically winds on to the next exposure. I haven't seen this on any others online. It took a bit of trial and error to work out how to load a film to work with the auto counter. Anyway, we fired off a roll of Fomapan 400 earlier. Since then, I've developed the film, and it is now drying over the bath.

Finally reached a decision on which of the excessive number of film cameras that live in my spare room I'm going to keep and which will be put up for sale.

It's been a long and sometimes arduous journey and I've tried so many cameras to work out what I do and don't like about each of them, only to discover that I'm back where I started, pretty much.

At least I've had some fun along the way and got some relatively nice photos :)

Back