What have you done with your camera today

Treated the D750 to a spare battery. Baulked at the price of a genuine one so went for an Ansmann one. Now fully charged and read properly by the camera.

Checked out my XT-1 after return from being repaired at Fuji UK trouble with ISO dial had complete new top plate fitted,
five working days from posting to return, not bad.
Regards Bob

I did some light painting with a candle....

10408-1425431557-c8ff22319ba8a94f59026c48ef621427.jpg

Got my 300mm lens off eBay today. Alas weather dreadful so no proper chance to use it. Micro 4/3rds so equivalent of 600mm.

Mj

I started my first time lapse project spurt of the moment thing though I'm just using my iPhone's for it, screw the thousands of cam kit lol

Yes some of the iPhone features are easy and pioneering. Camera makers need to catch

Mj

Bought some Baader astronomy film to use photographing the eclipse. Now got to fashion a holder for it.

I might take it to Greenwich Park in a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Took some photographs - what else are we supposed to do? The first four frames of a roll of 36 - so it might be a while ...

Nowt with the camera but have uploaded 1750 or so files to the machine with the PP software and printer attached. Now to sort, delete etc. them!

Having a good look at all my lenses - I shone a torch ( 'Flashlight' for you Yanks -- but it does not 'flash' -- the light is on all the time -- ) through my lenses at full aperture back and front and was amazed at what I saw -- looked clean BUT with torch /flashlight it showed up any 'hazing' and dust so got out tissues and lens fluid and it really makes a difference using the fluid rather than just a 'lens brush' -- I took off the rear element from my 1950's folders, Ensign Selfix cameras and with shutter open on'T' got inside and cleaned off the haze.

Saw a deer in some trees, stopped the car, jumped out, grabbed the camera, had a nice shot though a gate, nothing lights up in the view-finder, fiddled about a bit ...

and then realised I had left the battery in the charger :oops: :$

Tried it out with a new Manfrotto Befree tripod, specifically bought with travel photography in mind. Small enough to fit in suitcase, light enough to travel with, good enough to hold a 5D mk3 and 70-200 (tripod mounted on lens) so I'm happy

Dragged mine around the Somerset Levels for 4 hours ;)

Tried it out with a new Manfrotto Befree tripod, specifically bought with travel photography in mind. Small enough to fit in suitcase, light enough to travel with, good enough to hold a 5D mk3 and 70-200 (tripod mounted on lens) so I'm happy

I've done the same for my D750 today :) And bought it a spare battery too!

Back