What have you done with your camera today

I too just got back from a walk, I came back with the camera unused. My camera is so small and light, I forgot it was in my pocket. :)

A walk in the city.

DSCF7248.jpg

Charged the battery on the G7X, this was with the intention of taking some photos. Got side tracked and went shopping instead. :eek:

Last edited:
Packed up my D750 to finally send it in for the Service Advisor. [emoji20]

I had a very early location shoot of 2 motorcycles for a national distributor.
I was worried cause the two assistants I was counting on had some diffi-
culties on the road. Luckily, the bike's transport teams guys were more than
happy to take over… and they were nine! It was an elaborate, exciting, and
successful shooting session. :)

Took it to the local junior parkrun (asked permish to take photos) The camera didn't seem to be focussing properly. Had done my usual check for settings ... except ONE! It was on AF-S instead of AF-C. WHY I changed it on holiday, I just don't know. When I first started taking sports photographs, I took a little idiot proof checklist with me. Battery - check SD card - check and so on. DOH! Anyone still forgetting things after taking photos for ages?

Lugged it around Rutland Water. Boy, is it ever a heavy piece of kit! Got some good photos of hymenoptera.

First day in the past few weeks I didn't use the G80, bit peeved that a piece has fallen off and it'll have to go away for repair. I have been using it regular and enjoying photography again lately because of the small and light M43 kit. Even with the 100-300 tele lens on it's no hassle to use one-handed. Only a couple of years ago I was using FF Nikon and would be lucky to use the gear once a week, often went weeks without using it because it felt a chore. Only have this kit 6mths and not impressed with bit falling off! hopefully I can get it sorted quick and get back out there

Took it to the local junior parkrun (asked permish to take photos) The camera didn't seem to be focussing properly. Had done my usual check for settings ... except ONE! It was on AF-S instead of AF-C. WHY I changed it on holiday, I just don't know. When I first started taking sports photographs, I took a little idiot proof checklist with me. Battery - check SD card - check and so on. DOH! Anyone still forgetting things after taking photos for ages?

Always. I use a Pentax LX with colour film, run in aperture priority. When changing the film, I move the shutter speed to 1/2000 for those first few frames. I've frequently forgotten to move it back, so severely under-exposed shots! Also moving the exposure compensation dial and forgetting to move it back, and so on!

Favourite one is on my D7200 - switch at the back for live view - leaving it on video instead of "camera". Still unsure if it has any effect on my photos.

Left it at home unfortunately. Just missed out on the photograph of a lifetime! On our way to town. Traffic lights. And there above us ... 3 workers directly underneath each other, in baskets working on the overhead power cables. ARGH! Nearly turned back to fetch it.

I shot my daughter's recorder recital at her school. First time doing anything video related with the G80 apart from just messing about recording the cats. IBIS is such a blessing.

Took the camera out this morning, but came back with it unused. Reason being, it started to rain. :(

Rain is sometimes the reason, I go out for taking pictures. :)

Graz

But today I left the camera at home. Reason: I had to transport some fluids in my bag instead. :)

Rain is sometimes the reason, I go out for taking pictures. :)

Graz

But today I left the camera at home. Reason: I had to transport some fluids in my bag instead. :)
I have taken some nice photos in the rain, but when I take the dog for a walk it can become a pain. I have the poo bags in one hand, the dog lead in the other. Hard to protect the camera from the rain, when I have other things going on. :)

I have taken some nice photos in the rain, but when I take the dog for a walk it can become a pain. I have the poo bags in one hand, the dog lead in the other. Hard to protect the camera from the rain, when I have other things going on. :)
I see, ... ;)

Went for a walk along the Exe. There's always something or someone interesting down there. This little girl seems destined for a future in management :D

Sony A65 8GB Unnamed DSC01581.JPG

I haven't touched mine today. It's too hot the weather to be doing anything really

Today, I have taken 204 pictures of the same horse just to get one with it looking even vaguely interested. This broke my previous "same horse" record of 165 .... It was a very nice horse, belonging to lovely people, so persistence payed off in the end.

Had a go at shooting some painterly flowers for the first time. 180mm macro lens at f/3.5 with extension tube. Almost straight out of camera - just the shadows raised. Need to find some interesting flowers now to practice on.

20180715-BC548923.jpg

Back