What have you done with your camera today

@justpix Immo, your shots of Wiesbaden make me nostalgic for when I lived in Taunusstein 86-88. Happy memories.

Hi, thank you for your friendly interest, Lindsay. :) For me, Wiesbaden lies just across the river. So, I go there quite often for a photo-walk and refreshments.

I show some of my pics in different threads (windows, stairs) because I do not want to flood this thread ... ---

But maybe one should create an open thread where I live for postings like this.

Have a nice Sunday,

Immo

Last edited:
A day out with some of our Grandchildren - managed to get this one of Mrs. Chuckles (with her new, Xmas present lens) had to give it back though 10 minute later.

Anglesey_Abbey-0930 by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Hi, took my car to the dealer's for service, went for a walk across the Rhine, and took pictures like these:

L1015149_DxO-L35sum-tp.jpg

L1015155_DxO-L35sum-tp.jpg

Took about 20 shots on Kodak TX-400 with the Canon EOS 1V until it got too dark. Then I changed to digital and took some more shots with quite high ISO. :D

BER12157.jpg

Hi, among other things, I went to my Mercedes dealer, had a look at the S-class:

L1015276_DxO-L3824-c-tp.jpg

Went down into the bargain basement for the used G-class:

L1015279_DxO-L3824-c-tp.jpg

L1015278_DxO-L3824-c-tp_bearbeitet-1.jpg

I took my camera out so I could backup my photos. This isn't something I do frequently but then again I don't go often with my camera so I suppose it evens itself out. When I got my camera, I bought a 64gb Card as I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry storage wise. As I was copying everything over, it occurred to me that apart from deleting blurry photos at the time of shooting, I've never deleted a photo and my memory card is sitting at 37gb used and I've had my camera for over 2 years. Their are roughly 2'300 files which includes both fine Jpeg + RAW. I've been fascinated with exposure bracketing so their are many bracketed photos on their but I was just surprised as I see photographers needing to take multiple cards and frequently backup. I understand all of this is practically an indictment of the fact that I photography for me is a mere hobby and as of late I haven't been shooting at the frequency I once was.

I'm going abroad soon so I thought I might as well delete whats on the card but despite multiple trips and many photos later, I just found it quite surprising I was sitting at 37gb after 2 years of photography.

Lost it! :oops: :$

Not today but two days ago .... my precious Canon G7X, had her three years and now she's gone. God I loved that little beauty. :love:

:thinking: .... so if anyone sees it in the multi-storey carpark at Gloucester Quays . . . . . . . . . . .

Last edited:
Given that my last post in this thread was about picking up my camera only to discover that it didn't have a memory card in it, you'd think I'd have learned a lesson.

Not so.

Bought a SH camera last week and not had chance to play with it.

So brought it in to work with me today with the intention of popping over to Hyde Park at lunch to try it out. Went to take a pic on my way and up pops the the 'NO CF CARD' message.

Thought I was being smart too as I made sure I had a spare battery as well.

1548855392533.png

Last edited:
Hi, we had a little snow today in Mainz/Germany. I went out for a walk (Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35) and took some pictures.

At home, I found I must clean the sensor ... ---

L1015338_DxO-z35d-c-8-tp.jpg

L1015340_DxO-z35d-14-tp.jpg

Ran through my first roll of Acros 100 in the snow!

Hi, got a haircut here (SONY A7, SZ FE 2,8/35):

DSC09078-a7-3-c-tp.jpg

Had a beer in a micro-brewery after that:

DSC09098-a7-3-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Does formatting the cards and starting to charge the batteries in my backup camera, in prep for my first Anime Convention of 2019, count as doing something with a camera?

I hope so - that's all I've done for a while! Currently charging my Panny compact to take up to the classic motorbike show at Shepton Mallet tomorrow.

I hope so - that's all I've done for a while! Currently charging my Panny compact to take up to the classic motorbike show at Shepton Mallet tomorrow.

I don't think you will see much. It has been postponed, possibly until Feb 24th. The Yorkshire lot have turned around and gone home yesterday. It must be true, Frank Westworth said so!

On the other hand, I had my P7800 around my neck while I went fishing, up to my chest in the river, I managed to winkle out two grayling, then I couldn't feel my feet anymore and struggled to get back out. I didn't know if my feet were on the bottom or not, I simply couldn't feel a thing. I am home now, pictures are still in the camera. I will dig them out one day this week, when I feel like it. :giggle:

Thanks for that, Simon - saved me a wasted trip!

Hope your toes have defrosted - the GS would have helped if you were on the boxer!

Hi, went to Wiesbaden on a cold, sunny morning to take some pictures and to have lunch.

Pictures like this (Leica M9 - Leica Summarit 2,5/50), the rest I will show in other threads:

L1015417_DxO-L50summ-c-tp.jpg

I seem to have taken hundreds of pictures of the surf at Los Molinos and another bay down the coast on Fuerteventura today.IMG_20190207_180251.jpeg

Took some shots on Kodak Portra 400. Isn't finished yet, counter is at 28 now, so 8 pictures left. May then (finished, developed, scanned) look somehow like this one. I mean quality and all that:

C_1V-01-82029.jpg

Hi, had to travel a lot today. - On my way home on the Autobahn A3 north of Limburg (NEX3 - Fujinon 3,5/28):

DSC07390-NEX3-tp.jpg

I took it for a walk. This is becoming all to frequent - I need to actually use the camera while I am out.

DSCF9677.jpg

A little walk with the Fuji X100s

Hi, cleaned the sensor of my Leica M9 dry today:

L1015427_DxO-1-tp.jpg

Looked O.K. on the display. Must do it again, wet ... ---

Stuff like this:

DSCF9714.jpg

Getting to know the Z7...

Hi, the question is, of course, how it will perform with WA or UWAs. I can see good reasons for using Leica M mount lenses on the Z7 now,
native lenses not being available, and if so, being of the heavy metal variety.

But in the long run, it might be better to take a purist approach: Leica lenses with Leica bodies ... ---

At least, this is my SONY adapting experience.

Yes you're probably right. I'm just using my M lenses alongside a couple of Nikon lenses. The M's spend most of their time on film bodies.

Hi, went to the market in Mainz/Germany this morning (Leica M9 - Voigtländer Ultra Wide-Heliar 5,6/12):

L1015511_DxO-v12-c-tp.jpg

Hi, on a hazy, sunny morning I went to Frankfurt to take pictures of the bridges across the Main (SONY A7Rii - ZEISS Batis 2/25).

DSC02411-a7r2-z25ba-tp.jpg

Two miles from home, there was a traffic jam:

DSC02422-a7r2-tp.jpg

DSC02424-a7r2-tp.jpg

Hi, cleaned the sensor of my M9 again, this time wet. First go:

L1015537_DxO-L28a-tp.jpg

Again:

L1015539_DxO-L28a-2-tp.jpg

I can live with that. Used MOVOJA 24mm swabs, but used 100% isopropanol from my pharmacy.

Last edited:
Back