What was the last gig you went to?

Great photos Graham, is that with "proper" access or are they audience shots?

My last gig was The Stranglers at Manchester Apollo back in March, and I'm already looking forward to seeing them in the same place next March. Unfortunately they've dropped the Liverpool gig next year, which I enjoyed because I could get a train home and therefore have a beer. Oh well.

I keep meaning to go and see some other bands, especially if I can find them in Liverpool during the week and not have to drive. We used to have a venue in Crewe called "The M Club", where I saw Stiff Little Fingers, The Damned and Buzzcocks, but it closed down. We also had "The Limelight" which was mainly tribute bands, but I never went and that's closed too. Now it means travelling to Stoke, Chester, Liverpool or Manchester, so I have to be fairly sure I want to see the artist.

Just bought tickets for another gig next April. The UFO gig that I already bought tickets for was going to be their last UK gig but has now sold out. So they added another London date the following night but at O2 Forum Kentish Town. I was already considering going to either their Cambridge or Norwich gig so it was rude to pass up the chance of another London gig.
It would be fitting if they played Lights Out as the final number of their encore, fingers crossed.
View: https://youtu.be/z-uFp0m2xNs

Great photos Graham, is that with "proper" access or are they audience shots?

My last gig was The Stranglers at Manchester Apollo back in March, and I'm already looking forward to seeing them in the same place next March. Unfortunately they've dropped the Liverpool gig next year, which I enjoyed because I could get a train home and therefore have a beer. Oh well.

I keep meaning to go and see some other bands, especially if I can find them in Liverpool during the week and not have to drive. We used to have a venue in Crewe called "The M Club", where I saw Stiff Little Fingers, The Damned and Buzzcocks, but it closed down. We also had "The Limelight" which was mainly tribute bands, but I never went and that's closed too. Now it means travelling to Stoke, Chester, Liverpool or Manchester, so I have to be fairly sure I want to see the artist.
I had one of these. :)

_DSF3962.jpg

Not the usual sort of gig, but last night at the O2, Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. Our 4th time we have seen it and still as great a performance as ever.

It's been a busy time here. Gigs last Tuesday, Friday, yesterday afternoon, practice for a carol service tonight and then with Gospel Bell at the Bell, Adderbury on Tuesday.

Am I a musician?...Well, I've got guitars, but I'm afraid that doesn't make me a musician. :)
Those speakers in the background are actually in the foreground (Are they small or far away?)
These: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001IZZ2PO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ha ha! That made me laugh. That's not a Henry hoover then either! I thought it was one of these https://www.thomann.de/gb/markbass_ninja_102_500_combo.htm?sid=467fb2e8bee6a4ef778b7d3e9740cbd8
I have a similar Markbass combo - I thought the yellow cones were unique, but it seems not :D

Last edited:
Don't get out much these days - my last was Runrig over a year ago

Me and the mrs went to Cardiff at the start of the month to see Black Stone Cherry. Totally worth crossing the bridge into the land of weirdo's

Just got home from seeing Def Leppard at Wembley Arena with Cheap Trick as support. Both bands were brilliant and my ears are going to be ringing for days.

Would have loved to have been there!
It was amazing, both bands had the audience singing along. Cheap Trick said they will be back in the UK next summer and Joe Elliot said Def Leppard will stay together and keep touring so long as the fans want it. So you may well get your wish.

It was amazing, both bands had the audience singing along. Cheap Trick said they will be back in the UK next summer and Joe Elliot said Def Leppard will stay together and keep touring so long as the fans want it. So you may well get your wish.

By the time I checked availability I couldn’t do the dates which worked location wise and many of the others were at the back in the God’s. Sky arts have one of their Vegas gigs the other year when they played the whole of hysteria. Loved it!

You'll have a great night, one of Slashs solos at the end of a song seemed to go on for about 5 minutes, he never stopped for 2 hours and boy can he sweat.

You'll have a great night, one of Slashs solos at the end of a song seemed to go on for about 5 minutes, he never stopped for 2 hours and boy can he sweat.
Fantastic night. Last night's gig was also filmed, DVD/Bluray to be released in the summer. :)

Saw the London Sinfonietta performing Music for 18 musicians at the Royal Festival Hall earlier this month. That's a gig, right? And they did it properly, with exactly 18 musicians (lots of ensembles use 19 or 20 due to the amount of doubling up required)

Just bought tickets to see Wishbone Ash in October on their 50th anniversary tour.

My sons and I would like to go and see Saxon and Alice Cooper towards the end of the year, but until the rescheduled Ozzy dates are announced we can't book anything.

Saw Twenty One Pilots in Birmingham on Wednesday, for just two guys they put on a hell of a show

UFO at O2 Shepherds Bush Empire last night for their penultimate UK show. Fantastic and still rocking hard after 50yrs. Doing it all again tonight at O2 Forum, Old Kentish Town.
Have a long and happy retirement Phil and thanks for the music.

Most recent was The Stranglers at Manchester Apollo last Saturday night. A cracking gig, with Dr Feelgood as support act / special guest. Last night of the tour, unfortunately, otherwise I'd go to another. webCIMG5782.jpg

UFO signed off in the UK last night with yet another fantastic show. Will be sadly missed.

Back