What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Name
Phil aka Phiggys
Edit My Images
No
Just made a purchase from one of our TP members a PENTAX 40mm f2.8 pancake (y)
so that’s my latest photography purchase:)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Various Light Painting stuff. I seem to have been bitten by this bug ;)

OP
Bobsyeruncle
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to dip my toe into drones, and have ordered a Mavic Mini 2. Excited!
Cool
I've always fancied one, but I'd imagine after using it a few times it would likely end up lying in my bag...
I think I'll likely end up trying one though.....looking forward to seeing how you get on with yours.

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
An F Stop Kashmir camera backpack, infact waiting for its delivery today in the never ending quest to find a comfortable bag. I have a Shimoda Explore 30, but despite all the marvellous reviews i can’t seem to get on with it, will probably put it up for sale on here if the Kashmir works!

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Cool
I've always fancied one, but I'd imagine after using it a few times it would likely end up lying in my bag...
I think I'll likely end up trying one though.....looking forward to seeing how you get on with yours.
To be honest, it will get limited use, but that is because my opportunities to actually get out with the camera are limited also. Looking forward to adding a different perspective to my pictures though.

OP
Bobsyeruncle
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
To be honest, it will get limited use, but that is because my opportunities to actually get out with the camera are limited also. Looking forward to adding a different perspective to my pictures though.
I do a fair bit of mountain biking and fancied one of the drones that can follow you around as you cycle.....as you say, its great to get a different perspective on things....

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
PRINCESS
Edit My Images
No
Got a T2 Ring and adapter the other day, for some fun with my travel scope and camera.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Wex!

I'd quite like an L bracket, I have to say. But what I really need is a good bag, which would be a great help when I'm out and about.
Think I've got more bags than my wife!!
Still can't find one that suits me :thinking:

I have a Smallrig L Bracket on all my cameras - great accessories ;)
Before the Smallrigs, I had a cheapy one off Amazon - quite good and excellent VFM

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Problem is that there's nowhere to view and try on a bag here in Aberdeen so I have to purchase online.
I use the bag a few times when out and about and only then do I find that there are things I don't like about it.
Too late and too much hassle to send back or put up for sale.
My latest purchase was a Vanguard Sky 53 (I love Vanguard products) which, on paper, has everything I want in a bag but just find that its too big for my Sony gear.
Oh well, back to the drawing board :thinking:

Name
Neville
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm liking the look of the Peak Design sling bag. Because I have no plans for carrying a hundredweight of camera gear about with me. The 6L sounds interesting. But it's frustrating not being able to see for myself, because these things are always different to how you imagine them.

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
A reverse grad ND 3-stop filter.
After a considerable palaver I have finally acquired this. At this point I'll say only "K&F Concept - great value for money filters, awful experience buying one direct". When I get half an hour I'll post the whole story...

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm liking the look of the Peak Design sling bag. Because I have no plans for carrying a hundredweight of camera gear about with me. The 6L sounds interesting. But it's frustrating not being able to see for myself, because these things are always different to how you imagine them.
This is the one I’m considering. I’ve got the 3L as I thought it would be big enough to carry what I wanted to take out when I do a ‘London Walkabout’, but sadly it’s not. I wanted to be able to take a 35mm as well as an 85mm with an a7riii and a few ‘bits’. It’s just too tight, so I will probably be getting the 6L. Great bags though; sturdy, very well made and very comfortable to carry.

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
After a considerable palaver I have finally acquired this. At this point I'll say only "K&F Concept - great value for money filters, awful experience buying one direct". When I get half an hour I'll post the whole story...
I’ve heard this a lot about buying direct from them. The few K&F bits I’ve got I purchased from Amazon.

Name
Neville
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve heard this a lot about buying direct from them. The few K&F bits I’ve got I purchased from Amazon.
Must admit I've only ever bought a lens adaptor from them. But I was very impressed with the service. Tracked all the way from China and delivered in a week.

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Cool
It’s arrived!!! Excited for the weekend now. Hope the weather isn’t rubbish.

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Just ordered a Peak Design Capture V3 Camera clip and the 3 Legged Thing Ellie PD L Bracket, so I can keep the Canon 5D IV to hand during my walkabouts and also keep the ability to stick the camera in either landscape or portrait mode on the tripod
I recently got the Capture Clip and used it on a little photo walk last weekend. Fantastic! Don’t know why I waited so long to get one to be honest.

OP
Bobsyeruncle
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently got the Capture Clip and used it on a little photo walk last weekend. Fantastic! Don’t know why I waited so long to get one to be honest.
What's the longest lens you could use it with do you think?

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Think I've got more bags than my wife!!
Still can't find one that suits me :thinking:

I have a Smallrig L Bracket on all my cameras - great accessories ;)
Before the Smallrigs, I had a cheapy one off Amazon - quite good and excellent VFM
I've got more bags than cameras....

Still - they all have a use depending on outing.

Gear wise tapped out until Pentax do a 100mp 645z. Then it's all GAS systems go go go...

Name
Nick (yes there is more than one of us)
Edit My Images
Yes
What to buy next? Im looking at something that covers 200-400 range, have my eyes on a couple of lens possibilites, Nikon fit but the next lens I might well buy is a fisheye 15mm Sigma or 16mm Nikon, I love the distortion they create.

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
What's the longest lens you could use it with do you think?
I think it depends on what you are attaching it to. When I attached it to my PD Everyday Sling, the largest lens I had on it was an 85mm prime, but I also tried it attached to the strap on my MiniTrekker with a friends 70-200 f2.8 GM and again, I think I wouldn’t have had any issues walking around for a day with it off and on.