What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Various Light Painting stuff. I seem to have been bitten by this bug ;)

Decided to dip my toe into drones, and have ordered a Mavic Mini 2. Excited!
Cool
I've always fancied one, but I'd imagine after using it a few times it would likely end up lying in my bag...
I think I'll likely end up trying one though.....looking forward to seeing how you get on with yours.

An F Stop Kashmir camera backpack, infact waiting for its delivery today in the never ending quest to find a comfortable bag. I have a Shimoda Explore 30, but despite all the marvellous reviews i can’t seem to get on with it, will probably put it up for sale on here if the Kashmir works!

Cool
I've always fancied one, but I'd imagine after using it a few times it would likely end up lying in my bag...
I think I'll likely end up trying one though.....looking forward to seeing how you get on with yours.

To be honest, it will get limited use, but that is because my opportunities to actually get out with the camera are limited also. Looking forward to adding a different perspective to my pictures though.

To be honest, it will get limited use, but that is because my opportunities to actually get out with the camera are limited also. Looking forward to adding a different perspective to my pictures though.
I do a fair bit of mountain biking and fancied one of the drones that can follow you around as you cycle.....as you say, its great to get a different perspective on things....

Wex!

I'd quite like an L bracket, I have to say. But what I really need is a good bag, which would be a great help when I'm out and about.

Last edited:
Wex!

I'd quite like an L bracket, I have to say. But what I really need is a good bag, which would be a great help when I'm out and about.
Think I've got more bags than my wife!!
Still can't find one that suits me :thinking:

I have a Smallrig L Bracket on all my cameras - great accessories ;)
Before the Smallrigs, I had a cheapy one off Amazon - quite good and excellent VFM

Problem is that there's nowhere to view and try on a bag here in Aberdeen so I have to purchase online.
I use the bag a few times when out and about and only then do I find that there are things I don't like about it.
Too late and too much hassle to send back or put up for sale.
My latest purchase was a Vanguard Sky 53 (I love Vanguard products) which, on paper, has everything I want in a bag but just find that its too big for my Sony gear.
Oh well, back to the drawing board :thinking:

I'm liking the look of the Peak Design sling bag. Because I have no plans for carrying a hundredweight of camera gear about with me. The 6L sounds interesting. But it's frustrating not being able to see for myself, because these things are always different to how you imagine them.

A reverse grad ND 3-stop filter.
After a considerable palaver I have finally acquired this. At this point I'll say only "K&F Concept - great value for money filters, awful experience buying one direct". When I get half an hour I'll post the whole story...

I'm liking the look of the Peak Design sling bag. Because I have no plans for carrying a hundredweight of camera gear about with me. The 6L sounds interesting. But it's frustrating not being able to see for myself, because these things are always different to how you imagine them.

This is the one I’m considering. I’ve got the 3L as I thought it would be big enough to carry what I wanted to take out when I do a ‘London Walkabout’, but sadly it’s not. I wanted to be able to take a 35mm as well as an 85mm with an a7riii and a few ‘bits’. It’s just too tight, so I will probably be getting the 6L. Great bags though; sturdy, very well made and very comfortable to carry.

After a considerable palaver I have finally acquired this. At this point I'll say only "K&F Concept - great value for money filters, awful experience buying one direct". When I get half an hour I'll post the whole story...

I’ve heard this a lot about buying direct from them. The few K&F bits I’ve got I purchased from Amazon.

I’ve heard this a lot about buying direct from them. The few K&F bits I’ve got I purchased from Amazon.

Must admit I've only ever bought a lens adaptor from them. But I was very impressed with the service. Tracked all the way from China and delivered in a week.

Just ordered a Tragopan Monal V2 hide, to replace my knackered Simon King hide............As it is bit bigger, I have to say, that i'm quite excited about being able to camp out overnight in it!

Cool

It’s arrived!!! Excited for the weekend now. Hope the weather isn’t rubbish.

Ive just bought the Godox V1-S and associated filter kit :)

This kit
hBEbhQQ.jpg

and this diffuser
umphJNT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a Peak Design Capture V3 Camera clip and the 3 Legged Thing Ellie PD L Bracket, so I can keep the Canon 5D IV to hand during my walkabouts and also keep the ability to stick the camera in either landscape or portrait mode on the tripod

I recently got the Capture Clip and used it on a little photo walk last weekend. Fantastic! Don’t know why I waited so long to get one to be honest.

Think I've got more bags than my wife!!
Still can't find one that suits me :thinking:

I have a Smallrig L Bracket on all my cameras - great accessories ;)
Before the Smallrigs, I had a cheapy one off Amazon - quite good and excellent VFM

I've got more bags than cameras....

Still - they all have a use depending on outing.

Gear wise tapped out until Pentax do a 100mp 645z. Then it's all GAS systems go go go...

What to buy next? Im looking at something that covers 200-400 range, have my eyes on a couple of lens possibilites, Nikon fit but the next lens I might well buy is a fisheye 15mm Sigma or 16mm Nikon, I love the distortion they create.

What's the longest lens you could use it with do you think?

I think it depends on what you are attaching it to. When I attached it to my PD Everyday Sling, the largest lens I had on it was an 85mm prime, but I also tried it attached to the strap on my MiniTrekker with a friends 70-200 f2.8 GM and again, I think I wouldn’t have had any issues walking around for a day with it off and on.

eBay is lethal...having GAS thoughts over either a 645 mount 150-300 or 300...

Who says's medium format has to be expensive. It's working out cheaply indeed.

I have a 200 F4 and 80-160 zoom for my 645z.

Recommendation from @Canon Bob says the 300 F5.6 prime is the one...my gut says I'll enjoy the zoom range from 200-300mm a lot and also from 150-200mm also. Head say's also it's a bit big without a tripod collar and the 300 prime would be easier to carry and support when shooting telephoto landscapes.

Decisions. If I go for either I could sell ALL my remaining Nikon gear and never look back and what I have to sell would comfortably give £2500. I've been enjoying the 645z so much I don't want to use another camera...

Head says - no need - I really only shoot tele style when abroad and there ain't gonna be any of that...

Last edited:
Back