weekly Wornish's 52 2022 Week 52 added : Showcase

You were not supposed to notice that:). They might have been.

They are my gardening gloves which have seen better days and will be replaced soon!.
I did place them just outside the garage where the leaves were on the ground to try and create a bit of drama
It worked!

That hits the theme.

A nice gritty image, well composed and the colourway is very nice.

Week 13 - Flora

Had a walk around this afternoon.

Daffs Down The Nook

Daffs-down-The-Nook.jpg

Alternatives:

Flora-1.jpg

Flora-2.jpg

Tree.jpg

Finally -Mothers Day

Mothers-Day.jpg

What a pretty lane. We have a lot of daffs out near us at the moment. I do like the details you've captured in the other shots, but I think you chose the best one for the theme.

Great set David. I would have been torn between #1 and #2.

If you add my user name to the title of the "lane" you actually get where I live in Cheshire.
At its best right now. My wife planted all those daffs 20 years ago. (I did help a bit!)

Lovely spring image David.
I do like daffs and the lane up to my house was not dissimilar until the deer scoffed the majority of the flowers, the heavy frost of last night flattened the rest .. they may recover though

That's a lovely walk. Personally I'm leaning towards #4.. it has a lovely dof and makes a pleasing composition.

The one you’ve chosen really works well for me. Love the daffy, bare trees and blue sky.

Quick off the mark David! Nice and "unusual" shot, well captured.

Nice one David, looks like me the morning after an overindulgent night out (except more wide-eyed then I would be...)

Nothing unusual there, wife looks like that every morning!! Only kidding dear, you look lovely xxx.

Looked at this today and thought gawd that's me in the mirror (not the spotlight;))
A nice "capture" David

Made me laugh as soon as I saw it. Great colours in there and nicely lit.

Week-15 Snappers Choice

Nature.jpg

Nature doing its thing.
It's harder than having a theme IMHO.

Alternatives

Nature-2.jpg

Nature-3.jpg

Last edited:
All lovely shots David. I think you chose the right one.

Perfect depth of field with the blurry background and yet all the petals in focus. Did you focus stack it?

All lovely shots David. I think you chose the right one.

Perfect depth of field with the blurry background and yet all the petals in focus. Did you focus stack it?
Thanks, and yes it was a focus stack, as were all of them.

I agree with Bebop, it was the right one to post. A beautiful image.

Perversely I am going to say I prefer #3.
Because of the pink against the black (which is also in #2) and the inclusion of the blurred out brickwork.
Some might call it busy, but I feel it adds context :)

I love a dahlia! All good shots, but I'm with Tim and think I prefer number 3 for the same reasons he cites.

All lovely shots but your chosen one is definitely the winner.

Week 16 - Trees

Went for a walk in the woods after lunch.

Looking up

Looking-Up.jpg

Some alternatives

Fallen
Fallen.jpg

Broken

Tree-2.jpg

Trees Pano

Trees-Pano.jpg

I think I prefer the second shot David, but the one with the broken trunk also good.

TBO I prefer the fallen shot as well, the bluebells work well but maybe some colour enhancement work improve it no end as they all appear to be OOF. I also like the field shot but the point of interest is missing and the tree on the right edge is distracting( all or none).

Pete

All interesting shot David, but I think that I like #2 the best with the splash of colour from the bluebells.

Back