weekly Wornish's 52 2022 Week 52 added : Showcase

Thats a nice image David, focus & dof spot on. The centre flower just seems to pull you in.

That's a cracker of a shot, Dave. A wall hanger, surely. Pity about the steak of red light at the top right corner.
Thanks,

You spotted it. It can easily be fixed don't know why I left it in. Won't change it now that I have posted.

Your Snapper's Choice image is great, with lots of detail and the lighting is spot on.

They are so beautiful I thought they were Orchids, a really great shot.

Week 6 - Alley(way)

Went out this afternoon to get this shot while the weather was good.
This alleyway is called 108 Steps and it can be found in Macclesfield.
This is the bottom section.

108-Steps-Alley-3.jpg

Some hardy sole reached the top !
Top section:

Reached-the-top.jpg

Another more modern one - alley to the car park

alley-to-the-carpark.jpg

Last edited:
These are all great shots David, I think that I like the 2nd one best. The lady on the stairs adds interest and adds to the story.

Shame you didn't get the lady in your first shot as the curve of steps lead better, but all are very on theme. There is more interest on the 2 older ones.

Pete

I like them all, but the first two definitely my preferred one. I think the comments above about the lady on the steps holds true, that it might have improved the first shot, although obviously it's opportunity - the shot holds up beautifully without anyway.

1, 2 and 3 in that order. The top one has a nicer feel to me. I think that the way the steps gradually fade is nice.

I agree with the other posters - all good - my preference is the 2nd shot for the reasons stated.

All, thanks for the feedback. I started at the top and walked down. The lady walking up was really struggling for breath as we passed. No one else even attempted the steps while I was there. So getting a shot of anyone on them was down to pure luck.

Leading Lines, great composition, I think you made the best choice of the three

Wow what a fascinating alleyway. Excellent for training I should think, running up and down that.

All lovely shots, and I would have struggled to choose. I really like that third one. I think you have processed it to be a bit gritty and it really works. I like all the angles and leading lines. I might have cropped the sky out though.

I like both one and two. Though l think I’d choose the first for the more effective composition.

That's a bit of a climb going on!
All good shots.. for some reason I find the car park shot quite atmospheric - I think its the way you've processed it... it has a grainy texture.

Week 7 - Heavy

Not going out because of the weather. Here is one I took a while ago at Storm King Sculpture Park.

Heavy 2.jpg

It looks like the lady is not convinced of it's safety and is standing a little in front; I know I would! :)

Wow! That's a really cool sculpture, and certainly looks heavy!

Not sure that I would stand under it, even if it's been there for a while...

Yep - nailed it :)

Nice image and an impressive piece of sculpture

Just passing the time, Alternate image for Heavy. These are the counterweights off my telescope mount.

Taken using my iPhone.
Heavy.jpg

That's an amazing sight.. don't blame the other half for not standing under it.

Week 8 - Light

Deciding to go with this one taken at lunchtime today, the sunlight was streaming through the window.
(Note to self clean windows or I will be in trouble)

Catching the Light

Light-1.jpg

But thought about using one of these more abstract ones looking straight into my torch.

Light-2.jpg

Light 3.jpg

I love your chosen shot. Great light on the leaves and the colours pop.

I like the flowers shot. Just those blown clouds that bother me a little.

Back