weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

I'm wondering where the gin and tonic in the bath comes in? I must try that :) Ah! 'Camouflaged' bottle of gin - I see!

Love the tomato pic - great colours and composition and I like the chosen depth of field. Fits the Juxtaposition technique nicely.

I like the subject and good eye contact for Snapper's Choice. As others have mentioned, it's a shame it's not a bit sharper.... did you take it after the bath?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Masked Steampunk.JPG

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and pointed out my Masked Steam Punk wasn't sharp... I'm not sure where I got the file from, but I think this one is better...

Mmmm I like a bit o rust :D

Links in with the theme perectly :angelic:

it as me wondering what it is. Part of a ship maybe? that looks like a rubbing strip close to the top.
An Interesting photo, it makes you think/ponder.

Yes, part of an old boat, Pin Mill being a bit of a ship graveyard. Luckily not high tide when I was there so I could get quite close!

Reactions: LC2
Week 37: Activity

The Take Off Queue.JPG

Taken at Mildenhall last week. I was shooting through a wire fence so it was tricky...

The composition works well with the moody skies, distortion due the engine heat and the next plane waiting its turn.

I really like your Texture image, nicely abstract and plenty of detail.
The Activity shot is also nicely done, the heat haze works well and the moody skies are great.

Liking the heat haze around the engines. What are the jets? (I don't know military jets).
Isn't it odd that you can get to shoot military jets like that, yet at Heathrow the fences are all covered so you can't easily see what's going on.

Artificial
Good light on the flowers (artificial flowers).

Autumn
Great reflection on the dead calm water. The colours in the trees is coming through nicely.

Hi Yvette,
Artificial - They look good enough to be real. I do like the fade from light to dark you've achieved in this shot, nicely lit :)
Autumn - Just beginning to get some Autumn colours in. I like the letterbox crop too.

ooh, nice colours, that place will be stunning in a couple of weeks! nice job

Nice job through the fence for activity. Very characteristic - and I hope you had ear protection handy?! Those things are not quiet at all...

The colours and composition in artificial are really nice. I like it a lot.

And the reflections in your autumn shot are great. Fantastically calm water.

Week 41 Topical

Here we go again!.JPG

Taken at Tesco in Newmarket in late September, when everyone thought there would be another lockdown. I was taking a picture of the empty shelves ( on my phone), when the ambulance lady walked into the shot...

Wet: A different take on the theme and I like the different shades of blue.
Topical: Bang on theme and also makes me feel very sad too.

Yep - same here for a few days. Settled down now though.

Wet, great photo, love the blues and Kefalonia as well.
Topical, haven't been in a shop looking like that for months, but there again, we get our food delivered as it is clear an aweful lot of people don't know how far 2m is or how to wear a mask.
Good timing with the ambulance lady.

Pete

Wet looks very much better than Topical :( Hope things settle down!

The blues and subject in wet really stand out - cracking picture.

Both good shots. The latter was the same here - as soon as they stocked the shelves they were emptied again. Makes it worse when you actually need to buy some and feel guilty at the checkout (as I did... )

Wet: nice take on the theme and lovely colours.
Topical: very apt, and actually shameful. Great for the theme.

Wet - love those blues and the various lines!

Topical: Awful to see, but a good capture - the ambulance lady is a great addition - how selfish people are.

Activity Like this, great shot considering the limitations of the fence.
Really like Autumn such a peaceful scene.
Topical is sadly all to on theme, amazing the selfishness people are showing.

Wet
I quite like that.

Topical
Thankfully it's not like that around my way.

Week 43 Sharp ( NOT) and Tech : Artificially Lit

Artifically Lit.JPG

Sorry this is late, not sure if it's ok to slide in an image with just the Tech rather than the topic too.
This was taken during a game drive in South Africa a while back. We were just about to return to base for a shower and g and t, when the tracker spotted this male leopard doing a bit of hunting. Luckily he was hungry and not interested in us! The light is the vehicle spot light. It all happened very quickly, so the pixel peepers will note that it's not perfect. But better than nothing at all.

Back