weekly Zebs 52 week Challenge Week 16 Pride Added

Hi, there, I like the clinical feel of your secure. I'd prefer if the bracket wasn't visible to the left.

Industrial, yeah, I like the B&W bleakness of this one. The wisps of smoke from the towers really adds to the feel of the photograph.

Cheers.

Good work Trevor (y)
The God rays shining down on the bleak industrial landscape are a winner.
Your processing adds to the industrial nature. Well spotted. Iain

Lovely shot, works really well in B&W.
PP is spot on also, good contrast between the towers and the sky. The sun beams are a lucky addition to the shot to, they work really well for the picture.

Hi,
good shot and b&w works well. Like the contrast between the dynamic of the sky, sunlight, smoke etc and the stillness of the water

Thank you all, the rays only came out for 5 mins was really lucky

Nice one Trev, I guessed I was going to see someone pop up a Fawley shot, I thought it was going to be me if I'm honest :LOL: As said the light beams are a great addition. ;)

Cheers Alby this wasn’t my first choice of location but got a bit of right place at right time for the light.

A great image, the PP is well done and the added grain really gives the shot more of an industrial feel. well done.

:plus1:

The sky and skyline work really well together.

Thank you was wanting a red sky really :LOL:

That's a cracking shot.

Thank you Robert

Hi, there, I like the clinical feel of your secure. I'd prefer if the bracket wasn't visible to the left.

Industrial, yeah, I like the B&W bleakness of this one. The wisps of smoke from the towers really adds to the feel of the photograph.

Cheers.

yes your right about the bracket have the retake on my Flickr

That's a really nice shot Trevor - I love the way the smoke is at a similar angle to the sun rays, really looks good, Nice processing too, suits the theme (y)

Thank you Dark night it was good to get outdoors to get a shot this week

yep, this is how industry shots should look, dirty and dark :) :LOL: love it

Ah good old Fawley! I thought of getting exactly that shot, but I doubt I'd have achieved as good a result. Love the sky and the conversion.

That is exactly what I had in mind for my industry shot, but where I failed miserably, you have had spectacular success. A really nice image that I like a lot.

Liking Industry a lot, love the rays and PP.

That is exactly what I had in mind for my industry shot, but where I failed miserably, you have had spectacular success. A really nice image that I like a lot.

Like the processing on your industry pic Trevor, works very well adding some great atmosphere to the scene

Ah good old Fawley! I thought of getting exactly that shot, but I doubt I'd have achieved as good a result. Love the sky and the conversion.

yep, this is how industry shots should look, dirty and dark :) :LOL: love it

Great shot, the weather didn't let you down :) Look forward to more :)

Thank you all for the good comments

Great shot, I'd be tempted to crop a little of the water off the bottom as the industry and that sky are the real shot.

Cheers Paul I did look at cropping it a bit but wasn’t happy with how it looked so I kept it to within the rule of thirds

Week 7 Root

Struggled a bit this I’ve week had a few idea’s but though I would go with this one not a 100% happy with the pp as I had trouble opening it in Photoshop because it was bank notes there must be some kind of filter to recognise this, :shrug:

The only editing I could do was in the raw converter then save it as a jpeg.

Anyway it’s the Root of all evils some would say

Canon 7d: 60mm Macro. F8 At 6 sec ISO 100.

Root 3 by zeb2012, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, quite like this one and bang on theme...first one to do this interpretation so well done.

It looks a little orange on my laptop.

Hmm, note sure about the black BG...maybe closer in or crop?

Cheers.

Good thinking Trev. That one didn't occur to me, reckon l could do with being a bit more evil though:)

Great interpretation of Root, it does look a bit orange though. Otherwise, great shot (y)

Cracking industry shot, love it. Like the root shot too, although as others have mentioned it does look a little orange, other than that a good shot and great take on the theme.

Anyway it’s the Root of all evils some would say

:nono: it's the love of it

Good interpretation of the theme, well thought out (y)

Good interpretation but I agree the WB is out. :D

Thank you for all your comments
I agree with the WB issue of it looking a bit orange, on doing my Raw Processing I then tried to open to CS5 and got the following :bang:
I found the only thing I could do was to save it strait as a Jpeg but it saved with the Orange tint to it and being unable to open it in Photoshop I had to go with what I had. :shrug:

Have now managed to open in photoshop and posted my edit on my Flickr (y)

Untitled-1 by zeb2012, on Flickr

Last edited:
lol, in case you wanna print your own?

in Low Fell (Gateshead) there's a church with a huge sign outside saying 'the love of money is the root of all evil' and that's all I could think of while doing this week's theme :LOL:

Hi Trevor

superb shot for Industry...love the processing...really adds to the feel of industry :clap:

Root....crit on the color cast's been mentioned...can't belive an editing programm is set to not allow you to edit a note ! Agree with andy re the crop to lose the BG thoug...or maybe pile the money closer to get BG all the way round :thinking:

Onwards & upwards to week 8 (y)

Week 8 Handmade.

I had a shot lined up for this week that was until Alby got there first :bang:, so I have gone with my second choice borrowed this off my girlfriend as she used to make the flies for fly fishing and she still had a few left over, this was my first real go at macro and found it very hard to get the focus right and get a big DOF and lighting as this thing was so small, to give you an idea of the size its mounted on a normal everyday needle

Canon 7d: 60mm Macro. F22 At 1/250 ISO 100.

Week 8 Handmade 2 by zeb2012, on Flickr

Well done for a first macro! A sedge I think? It's always said that the eye has to be in focus, and it is :) Nice.

Back