weekly Zebs 52 week Challenge Week 16 Pride Added

Hi Trevor,

It took me a second to twig this one, rock, paper, scissors! I'd forgotten all about this game! Good composition.
Well done.

Carol

Once again thanks for all the comments, must apologise if I haven’t commented on your shots for week 10 but have been really busy at work so will be catching up on Wednesday.

Week 11 Shiny

Was driving past Goodwood on Saturday and called in at the circuit to see if anything was going on and they had a track day going on so got a few shots and decided to go with this very shiny old car getting ready to go round.

Canon 5D mk2: 24-105mm L. F7.1 At 1/80 ISO 250.

Week 11 Shiny by zeb2012, on Flickr

Hi Trevor,

What a lovely shine on that car, I like this one too. Well done.

Carol.

New motor Trev? bout time you chopped in that focus :D Tack sharp and shiny. (y)

Brilliant idea for win and well executed. Shiny works for me as well. Also noticed the shine on steering wheel adding that little bit extra to the overall image.

Hi Trevor

really like your WIN image...great thinking & well though out & very well shot...:clap:

Shiny...beautiful car & very shot...sharp , great focus , lovely colors & right on theme....wonderful :clap:

Love this shot and band on theme but I would sack the painter he has got orange peel

Had to goggle to find out what you meant :LOL: but your right

Lovely car, is it a Morgan? Very shiny indeed with lovely colours.

Have since found out its a Frazer Nash, Le Mans replica from 1952

Hi Trevor
I like your 'shiny' very much - good example of keeping your eyes skinned on the lookout for a scene that meets the theme - as opposed to fabricating a shot. And it meets an 'Is it art?' test. Mike

Keep my eyes skinned that’s all I seem to do on a weekend now I hate to think how many other shot I have missed if it’s not the weeks theme it doesn’t compute with the brain :LOL::LOL:

Week 12 Magical

Had 2 idea’s this week as I was in Wales for the weekend I tried to get a shot of the Fairy Castle near Cardiff but there were 2 big white vans in the way :bang::bang: also tried a few sunrise shots but the weather didn’t play so as I had Monday off I spent the day in the new forest and went to Hatchet Pond for a sunset and came away with this,

I think Mother Nature is just magical twice a day.

Canon 5D mk2: 17-40mm L. F13 At 26 sec’s ISO 100 10 stop filter.

Week 12 Magical by zeb2012, on Flickr

Mother nature at her best.....magical (y) Trevor.

Fantastic light captured here, I like the big sky too. All round good work. Iain

Thanks for all the good comments.
Sorry i haven’t got round to anyone this week as i have been so busy.
I hope to get my vice shot done tomorrow.

A bit late posting week 13 as I had a shot in mind based on the film pretty woman but just haven’t had the time to get out and shot it so I will submit this instead.

Apologies if I haven’t got round to your thread yet but will catch up this weekend.

Edited this one to get rid of the layers problem I keep getting found out my contrast is to high on me screen so hopefully its the last of my problems with the black

Canon 5d mk2: 24-105mm L. F20 at 1.6 sec ISO 100. Natural light.

Week 13 Vice by zeb2012, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely magical sunset in a great location.
Cant make up my mind about vice. Get the idea but perhaps too many items in one heap. Gambling, sex, drink. A man with many vices! lol. Well lit and shot though + meets the theme

Magical - gorgeous, very magical and I think its a great shot.

Vice - I like the idea, well lit and a good selection of stuff. But I think if anything I would have taken it from above.

Vice is certainly on theme but..........

I think it needs a tighter (though not too tight) crop.

I also can see where one of your layers you've used hasn't been completed or finished off? IE I can see where you've either brushed in or out or erased on one layer (perhaps to get the black even?) but there's evidence on the upper half and the lower left corner?

I do like the clarity of the actual "vice" though, just some more practice in post processing needed.

PS. I love the high heel shoe in the shot, dont know why, but it just "speaks" to me LOL :D

Back