Kennysarmy 2011 Project 52 COMPLETED !!!!

Great idea and great execution. Spot on!

Rgds

Adie

Hi Jeff

great idea for Pair & well executed ...love the DOF :clap:

Hiya Jeff,

Well done on the abstract .... great to see some originallity :clap:

As for 'Pair' .... hmmmm :thinking: not one of the best I have seen with a similar thought to same idea from fellow 52'ers, but having said that .... it is on theme.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi, there, weave, cracking detail and textures. I think I'd like a small crop at the top to loose the dark BG.

Abstract, now that's one of the best of this theme. I thought, "Wow, that's one funky chimney :thinking:". It is off centre but shifting it to the right would mess with the aerials and put them out, I think.

Pair, very nice and I found myself getting that tinggling feeling I used to get when turning my cards over and seeing AA....:banana: Your thumbs really lead the eye in. I thinks I'd like to see both AAs in focus, but that may throw out the overall depth.

Cheers.

jeff...safe made me laugh out loud... great joke... but living stole it for me... something about the colours and the focus on the Bottle...something beautiful about it.. (y)

kennysarmy said:
Thanks for the comments....
Can anyone guess the environment in which the "living" photo was taken?
No peeking at the flickr tags :)

I haven't looked at flickr ...so I'll guess for a gentlemans club called something like rub dub club....your usual seat by the railings...

Jeff, love the image for Safe, monopoly money! You saving for your next lens ;)

Your image for Living doesn't say that to me :shrug: An empty bottle of gnats ***! That is not living ;) I suppose it must be the location that suggests living? Since I don't know this, it doesn't speak to me.

Hiya Jeff,

Times must be hard if you are having to save Monopoly money and also no bed linen on ;) Right on theme for Safe with fab detail and colour in the shot. I sometimes wonder if it isn't safer to stash one's cash under the mattress rather than putting it into the bank :D

I'm in agreement with Tina on the Living photo, I can't make the connection, but then that is probably because I don't drink beer. The colours and focus are great though.

Cheers

Hi Jeff

great idea for Safe...made me giggle ...spot on focus, nice DOF & colors....(y)

Living....not sure on the location ...gussing a block of flats somewhere ? or the entrance to football stadium ? ...or.... , no, no other ideas...god idea wherever it was shot though...possibly the bottle color is a little wishy washy for me...needs a bit more of the original color to really make it stand out...or was that intentional ?

I wanted to capture "city living" so had a stroll around Gloucester City Centre...ended up at the Bus Station....

As I was leaving the bottle on the railings caught my eye.
One can only imagine the story behind how it got there!
City living?

The processing was intentional in part to hide the location a little....

Kev, you were nt even close!

This was another shot from the bus station.

Waiting for the bus... by kennysarmy, on Flickr

Catching up with your thread.
Some really great and imaginative shots. Especially like the bottle on railings and the sharpness of the RNLI flag. How much post shot processing do you do and is there a particular processing action you take?

Hi Jeff

Quite simply like/ love all your pics... the city living one I love. Reminds me of a similar pic I took in Nice a few years ago off two old women talking. I think the woman on the right has spotted you... but it always happens! She just has that a wee bit destracted by you look... but I actually think that adds to the pic!

Great capture and well thought out... the scene behind really adds to the shot too with the pillars making a central vanishing point!

Hiya Jeff,

OMG for me I think this is your best photo yet! I absolutely love everything about it and the moment I saw it the following words came to mind:

Underneath the lantern
By the barrack gate,
Darling I remember
The way you used to wait.
T'was there that you whispered tenderly
That you loved me;
You'd always be
My Lili of the lamplight,
My own Lili Marlene.

There are a few very slight little niggles .... but I am not even going to mention them because it is just my OCD .... and I really think this is one of the best 'light' shots I have seen so far.

Very creative and imaginative .... even if the way I have interpreted it, isn't your intention/idea behind the shot.

Well done .... I am really impressed by this one :clap:

Cheers

Cute kitty Jeff....but I can't help thinking its plotting to shave your eyebrows while you sleep Sunday dinner off later...

Like the cute shot alot. Looks great in B&W and love the packed frame.

Has a real timeless quality.

Hi Jeff, I almost up to date so I'm free to going looking around the threads!
God it's been a while since I've dropped by.

Safe A nice fun shot. Those notes will soon be worth more than a Euro, so best keep um safe!

Living I like the picture, the DOF, position of the bottle. I didn't think Living at first, but reading one of your responses made it all click! Great shot.

Light Oh ye, i like this one. Great idea, interesting street light (well as interesting as they can be I guess!), a bit of lens flare and mood in the picture. A closer crop may be better, a little off the right and some off the bottom?

Cute It's on theme, but a little more detail in the cat would be good, there are too many dark patches. Possibly unavoidable with a black cat, I don't know, I've never taken a picture of one.

Hiya Jeff,

I seem to be a bit behind with commenting on your recent posts ..... so a quick update:

Cute: ..... I like the composition .... but just feel the image is missing a bit of punch. But that could be due to the sepia application. Perhaps if you had chosen to do a selective tone to bring out the best qualities of colour/differentiation that would have worked much better.

Cheers

Dxxxx

Jeff...

talk: its got a vintage feel to it, the mono is great that you can pick out the first person's hand amongst the seconds dark coat clearly the other are intently listening to 1st 'talk'ing

weather: i had a similar idea rain on window etc, love the bokeh lights as if it was driving rain, though i do suspect they look more like garden lights? :D all the same well done

Hi Jeff

Love the cute capture...poss a tad to dark but certainly fits the theme (y)

Talk....really like this one...nice n sharp , great conversion & well, spot on :clap:

Not so sure about weather....something just doesn't grab me & say the theme but then it's more about your perception of the theme...maybe some more of the background evident would have given it more punch ?...is it car lights or garden lights ?

Hi Jeff,

I had a similar idea for talk and went for a walk around the Manchester Christmas Markets after work. I found a couple of nice shots, but the noise is too high due to having a high ISO , didn't want to use the flash - still a bit shy on the old street togging front!

I also like your weather shot. Again, I had a similar idea but for a POTY theme.

Back